Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

36 minutes ago, PlanePhlyer said:

You know this is BS amigo. I was one of your IPs and was there for 5 years. Very professional environment. Your Flt/CC was terrible, but don’t shit on the rest of the Sqdn who worked hard and were very professional. Just because you got butthurt when you got JSTARS, don’t bash one of the most professional environments I’ve ever worked in during my 22 years in the military. 

Sarcasm detector inop.  Try recycling power.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bode said:

As for the other [three] I can not speak too much on as my interaction wasn’t much. I will say Gunny was loved by [some of] his squadron and there are a lot of people upset by his firing as well.

FTFY (correction in underline, opinion in bold)

Not everybody in attendance was fond of his "management style", and that's as euphemistic as I can put it without causing his fans to insta mouth-foam.  Fwiw, I'm also of the opinion the DO firing was circumstantial by virtue of subordinancy; the WG firing was certainly a political necessity, again neither causal imo. I digress.

At the end of the day, part of being in the hot seat is taking the political fallout. And it is a political game make no mistake; nobody can claim ignorance to that reality at the O-4+ level. Everybody knows the name of the game when they get on that track. I was witness to the BAD/MIB bent spear flush; this thing is nothing new.

AETC is in a tough position. The question of IP accessions quality control will continue to be debated at the 19th level, and the MWS communities will continue to claim ignorance to the cherry picking. It truly is a food fight at the inter-MAJCOM level, nothing really endemic to the UPT squadron itself. Though as we see on display, it definitively ends up always coming to a head. 

Edited by hindsight2020
grammaz

22 hours ago, di1630 said:

I’m pretty sure 3rd year pilot pay at the majors outpaces GO pay.

Why anyone stays in the USAF to lead is beyond me.

It’s like trying to be “king turd of sh-t island”

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

"These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized."

8 hours ago, di1630 said:

So WTF actually happened at Laughlin to cause this purge?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Rumor is the last straw was a naming where a female student was named an abbreviation. Think of the worst possible word to call a female and that’s what it was. See you next...

If true, I doubt it was the -38 sq. Any fighter pilot who has actually been to a naming before wouldn’t fvck it up that bad.  My money is on the toners. Anyone know? CC should have stepped in an nixed it. Just so much stupid all around...again, if true. 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Guardian said:

So what did the OG and WG/CC do?

Went down with the ship. Pure speculation, but maybe the bobs got wind of the incident and knew the two 0-6s didn’t shitcan someone over it. That’s the AF these days. 

Youre not in the “too big to fail” club til you pin on a star. 

Edited by ViperStud
Spellin

6 hours ago, ViperStud said:

Rumor is the last straw was a naming where a female student was named an abbreviation. Think of the worst possible word to call a female and that’s what it was. See you next...

If true, I doubt it was the -38 sq. Any fighter pilot who has actually been to a naming before wouldn’t fvck it up that bad.  My money is on the toners. Anyone know? CC should have stepped in an nixed it. Just so much stupid all around...again, if true. 

It was a flt/cc (non-fighter guy) in the -38 squadron. Hence the sq/cc of the 87th getting fired. 

It was a flt/cc (non-fighter guy) in the -38 squadron. Hence the sq/cc of the 87th getting fired. 

If true, I doubt it was the -38 sq. 

Do you think T-1 pilots have naming ceremonies?

• Upvote 1

But if you ask him he was a fighter guy. Correct me if I’m wrong, he flew the Viper for a bit.... then washed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stand corrected. Holy shit I can’t imagine the dearth of SA that leads to that. Dumbass must feel great; literally contributed to 3 dudes getting fired. 

This is precisely why I told my boss a while back that I refuse to act as mayor ever again. Like a fvckin SOF tour. 

Edited by ViperStud
for low SA
  • Like 1

So what did the OG and WG/CC do?

I would wait for the CDI results to be released. There was a multitude of things going wrong in the unit. Just remember if your boss finds out about something going on before you know, that doesn’t look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, PlanePhlyer said:

You know this is BS amigo. I was one of your IPs and was there for 5 years. Very professional environment. Your Flt/CC was terrible, but don’t shit on the rest of the Sqdn who worked hard and were very professional. Just because you got butthurt when you got JSTARS, don’t bash one of the most professional environments I’ve ever worked in during my 22 years in the military. 

Not sure what my assignment has to do with this. I voiced my concerns appropriately months before assignment night. There were multiple things going wrong there. The new LTs probably just thought “this is how it is”, which was a huge disservice to them. Having been around longer than most of the IPs there, I could recognize problems. I’ve PMed you.

Edited by FishBowl
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ViperStud said:

I believe there was a dude named the same thing, for the same reason, a few months prior. Wasn't the toners.

4 hours ago, matmacwc said:

What did they name her and how many stars was her daddy.    I am not being sacrcastic

I thin this is the key to the whole shebang.       Can I say that?

There was a flag officer in attendance but it is my understanding he was the parent of a different student, not of the female targeted. 

1 minute ago, hindsight2020 said:

There was a flag officer in attendance but it is my understanding he was the parent of a different student, not of the female targeted. 

Complain about butt-hurt students all you want...if you don't have the SA to throttle back shenanigans when someone wearing stars walks into the bar, I submit you don't have the SA to command a squadron effectively.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2