Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

3 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

Broad generalization on my part. Just saw an interview where Neller said, “the powers that be were almost like, ‘OK, ‘Neller. You’ve been out here wanking for 38 years. We’re going to make you own this.’”

Which is awesome. 

Dude, I don’t care. Was just giving you a hard time for the statement.

• 1 month later...

That’s 3 Wg/CCs from 18AF in the last 6 months. 

We (The MAF) need to make some serious changes to how we pick our future leaders. Hint, professional execs turned Phoenix Horizon or even worse Torch ain’t working.

4 hours ago, osulax05 said:

That’s 3 Wg/CCs from 18AF in the last 6 months. 

We (The MAF) need to make some serious changes to how we pick our future leaders. Hint, professional execs turned Phoenix Horizon or even worse Torch ain’t working.

Good, drain that swamp.  Seriously.  Eliminate the Phoenix program and input a few FSS airmen and officers as execs (they would do a better job anyways.). Excelling in leadership in your primary duty and airframe should be the key discriminator in who we select for senior leadership.  The CAF seems to have figured this out, aren’t most CAF CCs and DOs weapons officers?

An old timer posted this in the comment section for that article. "It is a sad state of affairs in the Air Force when our leaders are relieved of duty. Obviously the leadership who is selecting the new leaders are making bad decisions. When I was in the Air Force 1971-1997 I really can't think of any commander that was relieved of duty. Now it seems it happening almost every month."

Is it just me or does the AF feel like it is turning into the Cleveland Browns...

Edited by HarleyQuinn

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Is it just me or does the AF feel like it is turning into the Cleveland Browns...

We'd be lucky to raise to Browns status.  Thankfully most of the rest of the world is in high school JV status.

From the article:

Coppess once "rose his flaps at a non-standard time," according to a witness, and on another occasion "warmed a burrito on the exhaust duct of the aircraft."

I mean, who hasn't cooked a burrito on the exhaust duct? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

An old timer posted this in the comment section for that article. "It is a sad state of affairs in the Air Force when our leaders are relieved of duty. Obviously the leadership who is selecting the new leaders are making bad decisions. When I was in the Air Force 1971-1997 I really can't think of any commander that was relieved of duty. Now it seems it happening almost every month."

Of course, that old-timer was also in at a time before Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram allowed the most junior airmen to throw spears at their most senior leaders in a public forum...

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

“failed to properly report information about suicide attempts through his chain of command four times; used a government vehicle improperly and failed to report the value of autographed photographs that celebrities gave him”

Wonder which one really got him fired. (Sarcasm) Seems like most are forgivable in this day and age, except one. Had to be the autographed photos right?

On 9/28/2018 at 7:30 AM, Sua Sponte said:

https://taskandpurpose.com/air-force-mobility-wing-sexual-assault/

Howard sought a relationship with “a very junior airman” in his command, the formal reprimand stated. He made “disgusting remarks” about his penis to her and regularly attempted to flirt with her, the reprimand stated.” 

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/06/02/fired-air-force-wing-commander-charged-with-sexual-assault-cruelty/

“Between July and September 2016 at or near Royal Air Force Mildenhall in the United Kingdom, Howard is accused of maltreatment of the senior airman, whose name is redacted, by rubbing his groin against the senior airman and making inappropriate comments on at least two occasions, according to the charge sheet.”

We sure know how to pick ‘em. 

One unidentified airman was so upset about the retirement ceremony that he left his daughter’s birthday party to go to another airman’s house to discuss the problem.”

lol. Wow that’s mad. Going to a friends house to sport bitch. 

But seriously that col sounded out of control. Reminded me of another O6 in AFSOC.........