Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

6 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Not trying to be rude, but... in the same way that I'm ignorant to how a fighter squadron works these days... your ignorance of the schedules of demo teams during the off-season is exactly the issue.  

So you're saying he's right in stating the events are likely unrelated, but his reasons for being right are wrong.

Don't speculate. But if you do, do it correctly. 🙂

Edited by torqued

39 minutes ago, M2 said:

People are not the sum of their mistakes, they're the sum of their experiences. Great read and honestly I can see why people speak so highly of him. I just hope he remembers when he got a second chance and, if possible depending on why she was removed, pays it forward to SiS. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, this must be the first time that someone who reads Baseops.net has been the subject of a roiling speculative discussion about some publicly embarrassing, scandalous event that happened to them, and that person has had to just sit back and watch the spears get baselessly thrown around.
I don't know anyone who has had that experience.

Hmmm...yeah...weird...me either.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 3

Eh. He seems like a great dude, but he's also enabling a narrative that offense alone justifies the punishment. If he really got career-ending paperwork, that means an LOR. The same punishment given for sleeping with a maintainer, abusing the GTC, DUI (in the old days)...

All because we are now supposed to pretend that we all subscribe to this new definition of political correctness, we all feel so bad for the things we said in jest amongst friends, we all care more about hurt feelings than being in a job dedicated to murdering foreigners who want to murder us.

He works with a surprising number of O-6s and O-7s who have DUIs. So it shouldn't be that shocking he recovered from making a harmless video with a penis puppet. The real question is would any of his subordinates recover in today's Air Force? Probably not. But we got from then to now thanks to two decades of military leaders pretending that humor, drinking, youthful stupidity, sex, and bravado are mutually exclusive to training idealistic young adults to dedicate their lives to a profession rooted in death.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Hell that Rogoway probably gets off to this forum. Bet he has a great, “I woulda been a fighter pilot but...” story. 

Now he spends his time writing broad stroke factually incorrect aviation articles inbetween creating dirty tissues and Microsoft flight sim. 

I respect all that I work with that is the common respect men and women in uniform should extend each other as we are in this together for the greater good of something better than all of us. 

Sis don’t know what ya did and unless it’s going to come out in a safety brief don’t care to hear about it, her stardom probably had more to do with public affairs and others than her jumping into the spotlight. We all have seen good dudettes hit with that before. 

Maestro video had already been debriefed no way should be coming up again. As lord ratner pointed out we are in the business of killing people and if that offends the outside masses that stumble upon it then let me recap some of my deployment high lights the last 8 years see if that makes ya feel better. Chances are the offended are more apt to be ignorant and comy at home drinking shitty lattes. 

Political correctness can suck it and we as professionals should have the backs of or fells bros and bras until they have violated our trust and bond. 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Genghis John said:

Sis don’t know what ya did and unless it’s going to come out in a safety brief don’t care to hear about it

Maestro video had already been debriefed 

Political correctness can suck it 

Shack, well put, and shack.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, JeremiahWeed said:

" due to alleged conduct unbecoming an officer."

If the alleged charge is serious enough, it must be true.  Why bother with an investigation?

Ready - fire - aim! 

The AF has long since become not just a "One Mistake Air Force", but actually a "One Perception Of One Mistake Air Force."

You'd be surprised how frequently a CDI, conducted by someone basically untrained and containing evidence and information unconstrained by any functional legal standard, is used for quite severe administrative actions under the authority of the Commander -- actions which, too, have such a low legal standard for evidence and justice so as they may effectively be given based on the whims of that Commander.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, Hacker said:

The AF has long since become not just a "One Mistake Air Force", but actually a "One Perception Of One Mistake Air Force."

You'd be surprised how frequently a CDI, conducted by someone basically untrained and containing evidence and information unconstrained by any functional legal standard, is used for quite severe administrative actions under the authority of the Commander -- actions which, too, have such a low legal standard for evidence and justice so as they may effectively be given based on the whims of that Commander.

A low legal standard which is reviewed by JAG’s of this caliber.

https://afcca.law.af.mil/afcca_opinions/cp/khalji_-_39304.u.pdf

Administrative action is just a fancy way of saying, “I don’t have enough for a beyond reasonable doubt legal standard conviction with this issue, but I can still tank your career anyway since I don’t like the alleged conduct you’ve displayed.”

Edited by Sua Sponte
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...