Jump to content

The new airline thread


FUSEPLUG

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

Kind of ridiculous on the pilots part. Just turn off Bluetooth. Or just make your airdrop from contacts only. Simple. 

…you would have preferred the pilots to instruct the ladies on board to  change their airdrop settings and continue taxiing?

There are policies for this stuff, they’re not just making it up. In fact I wouldn’t be shocked if someone tries making the case they were leaning too far forward by making the PA and not just returning to the gate to have the passenger removed as soon as he “whipped it out.”

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

…you would have preferred the pilots to instruct the ladies on board to  change their airdrop settings and continue taxiing?

There are policies for this stuff, they’re not just making it up. In fact I wouldn’t be shocked if someone tries making the case they were leaning too far forward by making the PA and not just returning to the gate to have the passenger removed as soon as he “whipped it out.”

i'm saying i'd ignore it and let people make individual decisions to turn off their own blue tooth or to just hit "IGNORE" or (shocker) power off their phones

why do we have to babysit? the bubble wrapping of the american citizen is nauseating

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BashiChuni said:

sadly this has been debunked. not true 😕

That is actually refreshing to hear!  I couldn't imagine a new hire with that little SA, but then again I know some of the former clowns I flew with that are now at Delta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

…you would have preferred the pilots to instruct the ladies on board to  change their airdrop settings and continue taxiing?

There are policies for this stuff, they’re not just making it up. In fact I wouldn’t be shocked if someone tries making the case they were leaning too far forward by making the PA and not just returning to the gate to have the passenger removed as soon as he “whipped it out.”

There is no way to trace who is airdropping.  This guy/gal wasn't "whipping it out" on the flight.  I've gotten these more times than not in a public setting.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, uhhello said:

There is no way to trace who is airdropping.  This guy/gal wasn't "whipping it out" on the flight.  I've gotten these more times than not in a public setting.   

I'm sure some law enforcement agency could pull the meta data pretty easily and find the guilty party that way. Just not enough public outcry yet to warrant that COA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, uhhello said:

There is no way to trace who is airdropping.  This guy/gal wasn't "whipping it out" on the flight.  I've gotten these more times than not in a public setting.   

Sadly yes, there is no way to trace it, unless the airdropper is a moron. True story: plane hadn’t yet left the gate in ATL and a mom sitting with her toddler receives “Chad’s Phone would like to airdrop you this photo.” Mom gets mad, tells the FA, who tells the ops agent, who asks for “Chad” to ring his call button. Next thing there are cops going seat to seat checking boarding passes until they locate Chad and escort him off.

I get it, turn off your phone, decline the photo etc., I don’t care. But honest question based on your guys’ responses: is SWA the only airline that defines sending unwanted nudes or flashing as sexual harassment? And has an actual policy to follow if sexual harassment occurs on board?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

IMG_1475.thumb.JPG.9441d5b72aab6a4ccfc28abad06db1b9.JPG

This is why I carry a few bags of these with me on every trip. Much easier to slip one of these in the captain’s luggage after the flight than stoop to verbal confrontation. 
image.jpeg.6fb6a357ab99ff39bf52168e5c3fd141.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Sadly yes, there is no way to trace it, unless the airdropper is a moron. True story: plane hadn’t yet left the gate in ATL and a mom sitting with her toddler receives “Chad’s Phone would like to airdrop you this photo.” Mom gets mad, tells the FA, who tells the ops agent, who asks for “Chad” to ring his call button. Next thing there are cops going seat to seat checking boarding passes until they locate Chad and escort him off.

I get it, turn off your phone, decline the photo etc., I don’t care. But honest question based on your guys’ responses: is SWA the only airline that defines sending unwanted nudes or flashing as sexual harassment? And has an actual policy to follow if sexual harassment occurs on board?

yeah there is a video a lady took when she and the rest of the flight were getting them.  Dude sitting across from her admitted it and thought it was funny.  Short of that though, not much you can do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Who else went directly to Amazon to order. Sadly I couldn’t find them.

bro...is this a neil trap? the website is literally in the picture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly yes, there is no way to trace it, unless the airdropper is a moron. True story: plane hadn’t yet left the gate in ATL and a mom sitting with her toddler receives “Chad’s Phone would like to airdrop you this photo.” Mom gets mad, tells the FA, who tells the ops agent, who asks for “Chad” to ring his call button. Next thing there are cops going seat to seat checking boarding passes until they locate Chad and escort him off.
I get it, turn off your phone, decline the photo etc., I don’t care. But honest question based on your guys’ responses: is SWA the only airline that defines sending unwanted nudes or flashing as sexual harassment? And has an actual policy to follow if sexual harassment occurs on board?

It’s a little more than sexual harassment when there were probably any number of minors on the plane who could have received the images.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:


It’s a little more than sexual harassment when there were probably any number of minors on the plane who could have received the images.

Spot on.

public service announcement: don’t accept these either, it might be from a minor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since United bailed from airlineapps and started their new thing, I was filling out the new application and they have a section for letters of rec. I had 6 before and went to pull them from airlineapps but I can't find them anymore. Did they get rid of LOR's?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, uhhello said:

Android has the same capability 🙂

 

It does, by my point is that if someone was "air dropping," then us android users wouldn't have been getting them.  Although if they were tit pics, I'd have been missing out.  🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SocialD said:

 

It does, by my point is that if someone was "air dropping," then us android users wouldn't have been getting them.  Although if they were tit pics, I'd have been missing out.  🤣

Touche

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...