The new airline thread

FUSEPLUG

I never thought I'd get a 1/4 chub looking at the new airline thread. 

Five stars 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 

Edited by Biff_T
5 stars is more than 4 stars

27 minutes ago, di1630 said:

Any delta guys on her have the new proposed Delta pay scales?

These were made up a while back based on the 18/5/4/4.  MEC is being briefed on the TA today and will release TA information later tonight.

Capt Pay.jpg

FO Pay.jpg

Edited by SocialD

30 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Surprised no one has discussed the incident and near collision between the Delta and American jets.  Could have been horrible.  

To busy enjoy the nice little sidebar going on lol. 

Ya, had the makings of a Tenerife type disaster.  Lots of blame to go around between the controllers and the AAL flight.  JFK is shitshow on good days and I'm so glad my plane doesn't go to NYC anymore.  That's actually one of the many reasons I stay put.  

Edited by SocialD

To busy enjoy the nice little sidebar going on lol. 

Ya, had the makings of a Tenerife type disaster.  Lots of blame to go around between the controllers and the AAL flight.  JFK is shitshow on good days and I'm so glad my plane doesn't go to NYC anymore.  That's actually one of the many reasons I stay put.  

Could have definitely been bad, good on the controller to catch it as fast as he did and the pilots on takeoff roll to react quickly.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Baseops Network mobile app

13 hours ago, herkbum said:

I try to avoid JFK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best times are when you arrive early from a short flight (BOS for ex), spend 50 min (longer than your flight time) taking laps because ramp is the most incompetent group of people on this planet, and 1/2 of the pax moss their connections. JFK is the worst. 

As to the DAL TA, looks like some pretty solid wins in QOL and pay. It’ll be good to see the pros/cons papers, but overall seems like way more wins than was expected. Of course that won’t stop disgruntled assholes from complaining and saying we didn’t get 100% of everything desired, therefore it’s a NO. I bet this passes very easily. 

Edited by brabus

11 hours ago, Swizzle said:

Threshold to that intersection is what, like 3/4 nm? 

With Delta stopping 1k ft short, seems like their reject was based on Tower’s radio shou-out, and not seeing the AA

Not sure what kind of TO if was but I know there have been lots of times where Ive realized too many eyes were in the cockpit on roll, looking at engines and instruments and no one actually watching where the damn plane is going. 

That said I almost had a runway incursion incident that would have been pretty bad I'm 2014 when a truck crossed the runway without clearance. I remember seeing the truck but there was a brief moment of "WTF is this really happening?" Before I remembered some reaction was needed to avoid catastrophe. Events like that have a way of challenging our personal complacencies. Thankfully coming out the other side often makes us better pilots. 

2 minutes ago, FLEA said:

That said I almost had a runway incursion incident that would have been pretty bad I'm 2014 when a truck crossed the runway without clearance. I remember seeing the truck but there was a brief moment of "WTF is this really happening?" Before I remembered some reaction was needed to avoid catastrophe. Events like that have a way of challenging our personal complacencies. Thankfully coming out the other side often makes us better pilots. 

One thing in that type of situation I don’t understand SOP-wise is how the FO can “never” say the word “abort.” It’s “say what you see.” Which I completely get 99% of the time. But in the event of an incursion and possibly killing hundreds of people, I feel like I would say abort and we can talk about it later. Takes too much time to say “AA is on our runway” and too much risk of getting a “huh?” from the CA. In such a time critical scenario, why would I ever be descriptive before directive. Curious what guys say who have done crewed flying longer than me. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, brabus said:

One thing in that type of situation I don’t understand SOP-wise is how the FO can “never” say the word “abort.” It’s “say what you see.” Which I completely get 99% of the time. But in the event of an incursion and possibly killing hundreds of people, I feel like I would say abort and we can talk about it later. Takes too much time to say “AA is on our runway” and too much risk of getting a “huh?” from the CA. In such a time critical scenario, why would I ever be descriptive before directive. Curious what guys say who have done crewed flying longer than me. 

On USAF crews, anyone can say Reject and it's to be honored.  I've had a flight doc call it, in fact, because he dropped his coke.  He was banned from being on headset in our squadron after that.  However, I'll take that over the 121 world where only the 64 year old captain who needs readers to see the instruments correctly can call it.  I'm with you.  I would call it if needed and take my lashes rather than try to amplify what I'm seeing and hope the CA agrees.  It all depends on the situation.  I've had several captains at my current company affirm that course of action too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FourFans130 said:

I would call it if needed and take my lashes rather than try to amplify what I'm seeing and hope the CA agrees.  It all depends on the situation. 

That’s what I was thinking too, good to hear someone with way more crewed experience say that. 

• Like 1

I don't have first-hand information but some of the reports make it seem like a very heavy on the brake abort with the Delta jet stopping less than 1000' from the American jet.  Glad it turned out this way, curious to see what comes out of this situation.