The new airline thread

FUSEPLUG

Highlights of the Alaskan TA.

https://www.alpa.org/ala/-/media/ALA/files/pdf/QG92322.pdf

Got a cuz over there, said it was a decent deal and nice that it has the snap-up.

Side note, 1 thing I wish our MECs would change is put the TA our for membership reading, then we can let them know our thoughts before they vote for yea/nay on member ratification. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BFM this said:

Meanwhile, in Ft Worth...

Wish that wasn't so close to reality. The odds of APA pilots getting drastic improvements on work rules are near zero. Just take a look at AAL's on time/completion factor over the past couple months coupled with their most recent quarterly revenue...It's laughable that guys are demanding qol carve outs while at the same time picking up open time for straight pay. The only hope is one day all the investors in AAL will demand a management change.

I imagine Scott, Bob, and Ed got together at the evil airline CEO lair with a meeting chaired by Doug, and now Scott and Ed are just waiting for Bobbo to shove a crappy TA down to the weakest union to make bargaining easier at the other two.

• Upvote 1

Just read through the AA TA - that oh by the way the negotiator(s) improperly moved on- and it is all give with no get. Especially when you consider that Endeavor just reached an AIP for first year FO to be $100/hr. This improperly-arrived-at proposed AA TA? $101.86/hr for first year FO…and probably worse work rules!

Tie a rope to it and toss it out the cockpit window when you block in; it’s an industry anchor.

3 hours ago, viperdriver1313 said:

Anyone at Delta have any better insight than me on this WOM? My buddy at Delta said his buddy at Delta (member of the union team) said their next proposed contract has a 59% pay increase. 
💵 💰 

Deltas wholly owned subsidiary, endeavor, has reached an AIP. That’s the 50-60% raises. 

5 hours ago, viperdriver1313 said:

Anyone at Delta have any better insight than me on this WOM? My buddy at Delta said his buddy at Delta (member of the union team) said their next proposed contract has a 59% pay increase. 
💵 💰 

We just got an update from the negotiators last night that said, with respect to pay rates, the company hasn't moved from their initial offer. 

Edited by SocialD

This is oldish news but figured I’d post for the masses since I didn’t see it on here. Delta pilots held a strike authorization vote in October. The results were resounding. 96% voted and 99% of the voters voted in favor.

There’s several more steps in the process before any actual strike could occur, and it’s probably not likely to happen, but it certainly doesn’t hurt at the negotiating table. Delta pilots won’t be the first to snap up a turd of a contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Upvote 3

On 11/4/2022 at 8:44 PM, pcola said:

This is oldish news but figured I’d post for the masses since I didn’t see it on here. Delta pilots held a strike authorization vote in October. The results were resounding. 96% voted and 99% of the voters voted in favor.

There’s several more steps in the process before any actual strike could occur, and it’s probably not likely to happen, but it certainly doesn’t hurt at the negotiating table. Delta pilots won’t be the first to snap up a turd of a contract.

Is the vibe to wait out UAL contract then go from there or what? 

1 minute ago, SurelySerious said:

Image1667769944.128942.jpg
Scott, Ed, and Rob

Fairly accurate, but the AAL NC should be portrayed as somehow locking themselves in the van and are busy licking the window (and flying premium) instead of actually being included in these adult negotiations.

• Like 1

Is the vibe to wait out UAL contract then go from there or what? 

Well I’m still a newb but I really don’t think so. From what I’ve heard on the line and in the lounges, we’re (Delta pilots) mostly angry at management for prolonging these negotiations while profits soar on our backs. The consensus seems to be: no concessions, industry leading contract in all aspects, with inflation PLUS significant raises and QOL increases, and nothing short of full retro pay for the ~3 years since the contract became amendable. Don’t really hear a lot of talk of other airlines contracts but certainly people are watching. We seem to have a lot of pissed-off, hard-liners who estimate that we have the leverage to shoot for the moon. But TBH I think the “moonshot” which will be quite expensive for the company, is actually the fair deal considering that our contract is nearly 6 years old.

I know it’ll never happen, but all it would take is the pilot groups to not pickup premium trips for probably a few days - it would be a systemic meltdown of epic proportions. Management would capitulate immediately. But they know that’ll never happen, so they don’t worry about it. 

Not a spear at those taking premium, as it’s illogical not to, considering those individuals also know the mass “don’t do it” won’t ever happen. 

Edited by brabus

3 hours ago, brabus said:

I know it’ll never happen, but all it would take is the pilot groups to not pickup premium trips for probably a few days - it would be a systemic meltdown of epic proportions. Management would capitulate immediately. But they know that’ll never happen, so they don’t worry about it. 

Not a spear at those taking premium, as it’s illogical not to, considering those individuals also know the mass “don’t do it” won’t ever happen. 

What percentage of the pilot group is union members?

46 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

What percentage of the pilot group is union members?

To my knowledge all are “closed shops” meaning you don’t have to be a member, but you will pay dues regardless (this is completely legal btw). Makes sense to at least have a vote in where that dues money goes. I’m not sure I’ve ever met a line pilot at either airline that I’ve worked for that was not a member of the respective union. 

UAL still has about 75 non-members that crossed the picket line in the CAL strike, and around 7 that crossed the UAL picket line in '85. 

The last one retires in 2028. 

The rest of the 14,000 pilots are ALPA members. 

Edited by HuggyU2