11-217: should it stay or go?

ThreeHoler

On 11/14/2017 at 2:39 AM, PlanePhlyer said:

You mean to tell me pictures of NDBs and ADF equipment is out of date?  Next you're probably going to say fix-to-fixes are archaic too. *sarcasm*

Unless you fly the Eagle.  Still rockin the fix to fix because they won't upgrade us to GPS.  

[whining] Every time we go cross country (ANG so XC for all my friends!!) it's the same story.  "Jazz01, cleared direct BISBY"  "Jazz1, unable - need a vector, a navaid or the lat/long"  "Oh, ok, um... Jazz01 cleared direct FTBOL then."  "ugh.... Jazz1 unable FTBOL - I don't have GPS, cannot go to a GPS point"  "Uhhhh, well lets see, uh....Jazz1 fly heading 260"  "260, Jazz1"  "Jazz1 contact Memphis on 124.8..."  "(doh!)  Jazz1 still needs a Uniform freq..."  [/whining]

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, EvilEagle said:

[whining] Every time we go cross country (ANG so XC for all my friends!!) it's the same story.  "Jazz01, cleared direct BISBY"  "Jazz1, unable - need a vector, a navaid or the lat/long"  "Oh, ok, um... Jazz01 cleared direct FTBOL then."  "ugh.... Jazz1 unable FTBOL - I don't have GPS, cannot go to a GPS point"  "Uhhhh, well lets see, uh....Jazz1 fly heading 260"  "260, Jazz1"  "Jazz1 contact Memphis on 124.8..."  "(doh!)  Jazz1 still needs a Uniform freq..."  [/whining]

Only funny because it's true.  So much for comm brevity! lol

That's hilarious!  Rumor has it that the NGA is looking at trying really hard to maybe get a real worldwide database for the FMS.  Holding my breath...