What is right with the Air Force

matmacwc

8 hours ago, JimNtexas said:

It’s been awhile, but my staff work was at least 85% classified, and a fair amount of that was TS/SCI.

I did know a couple of guys in special access programs that had secure phones at home, is that done these days?

Can classified work can be be done from home in today’s Air Force?n

Wasn't an issue for Hillary...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 12/17/2021 at 6:49 AM, JimNtexas said:

It’s been awhile, but my staff work was at least 85% classified, and a fair amount of that was TS/SCI.

I did know a couple of guys in special access programs that had secure phones at home, is that done these days?

It is possible to do classified work at home but from my experience you either gotta be really special or really senior. 

I never thought you could until my spouse (GS) got issued a tablet, however it is limited to Secret and cannot save anything to the tablet itself basically a virtual desktop portal.  Not sure how common it is but she works on staff of a senior official . 

17 minutes ago, budderbar said:

I never thought you could until my spouse (GS) got issued a tablet, however it is limited to Secret and cannot save anything to the tablet itself basically a virtual desktop portal.  Not sure how common it is but she works on staff of a senior official . 

We have a similar setup on the JS. It's decent for staying aware of events via email while teleworking but otherwise terrible for doing any real work. We cannot even access our remote drives or desktops. 

On 12/17/2021 at 12:49 AM, JimNtexas said:

We were offered SIPR laptops to work from home during the first year of COVID. I declined, didn't want to deal with it really.

On 12/18/2021 at 11:18 AM, Majestik Møøse said:

Amazing that an airman can be prosecuted for improper courier procedures or for wearing a Fitbit into a vault while a person deemed important enough can basically live in a state of constant spillage.

How is wearing a Fitbit considered improper courier procedures?

• 1 year later...

Congratulations to another Weapons School class graduation but special congratulations to the 14th WPS (AC, MC, CV, U-28 and formerly 53) on 20 years. They had a good collection of old patches and got some great history from a former commander and plank holder of the squadron last Patch Night. Great history and here’s to 20 more!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

• 5 months later...
56 minutes ago, Skitzo said:

So many stories beyond what is in the write up for that. I’m very proud to have been a member of that squadron back in the day.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

So many stories beyond what is in the write up for that. I’m very proud to have been a member of that squadron back in the day.

There was a big push a few months ago for groups/squadrons that submitted decs for actions directly supporting the evac to re-submit as a bunch were denied without any due diligence for reasons that you could probably come up with if you use your head.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, uhhello said:

There was a big push a few months ago for groups/squadrons that submitted decs for actions directly supporting the evac to re-submit as a bunch were denied without any due diligence for reasons that you could probably come up with if you use your head.  

“Just doing their job”? Don’t recall my hundreds of combat sorties involving anything quite like the Kabul evacuation.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Draco has done many incredible things through the years, much of it unrecognized.  A toast to them for some much deserved recognition. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...