Toxic Communities

11 minutes ago, BADFNZ said:

It's funny because the last few we've sent to Phoenix from the Herk were the sewn-in kneepad types that we wanted out of the community.  You're welcome.

We sent a guy to the -17 who failed boldface on his IP check in his previous MWS.  He was only concerned about possibly getting Q-3'd and how it might affect his Phoenix application.

35 minutes ago, disgruntledemployee said:

Name change.

HPO is now HIPO or HiPO or even Hipo will work.  The imagery in my mind as you all mention one was too corollary.

You're welcome.  Out.

Hippo-51-1024x659.jpg

Getting deja vu.......I feel like I've seen this picture in another thread.

Oh yeah, I think it was this one............ I'm over 50, so she's still a "One".  But man, emerson breedin' hips.

hips.jpg

Edited by JeremiahWeed

21 hours ago, Azimuth said:

Didn't you guys already do that at the senior leader level?  I know KBAD's last Wing Queen was career B-2's and your current one is a Bone WSO.

Yeah, imported leadership has been the thing for a while.  Now we're moving captains and majors between platforms. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Azimuth said:

We sent a guy to the -17 who failed boldface on his IP check in his previous MWS.  He was only concerned about possibly getting Q-3'd and how it might affect his Phoenix application.

Well that's a double zinger if there was one since it will also affect his airline app 4 years from now when he gets hit in the head with reality! .....Now of course it won't matter if he makes the fast track since aircraft performance in the AIR FORCE < box checking.

Edited by dream big

2 hours ago, 08Dawg said:

Now we're moving captains and majors between platforms. 

We do this in cyber...well between Ops and Traditional Comm/Staff.  Remember what Grosso said about 90% retention required? 

Wonder why.

On 4/30/2017 at 10:15 PM, Azimuth said:

Didn't you guys already do that at the senior leader level?  I know KBAD's last Wing Queen was career B-2's and your current one is a Bone WSO.

Yes, but it's a little different when it's senior leaders who fly 1-2 times a month with a seeing-eye IP and a junior guy that has spent 6 years getting CMR in one aircraft and now has to start from scratch.

5 hours ago, pawnman said:

Yes, but it's a little different when it's senior leaders who fly 1-2 times a month with a seeing-eye IP and a junior guy that has spent 6 years getting CMR in one aircraft and now has to start from scratch.

Our former Wing King at Yokota was always MR as an instructor.  Made it a point to fly (many times with students) at least twice a month if not every week.  He was the definition of leading from the front.  He even went off station a few times.  Needless to say, he understood the plight of maintenance and crew dogs.   Of course he is an anomaly, never saw that again.  

• Upvote 1