The cadet email thread

Guest tiplax

43 minutes ago, gearpig said:

Thanks, this completes the story arc for me.

Guy wants to be a pilot. Guy creates shitstorm trying to get a F-15E ride. (Fill in the blank)... Years later, guy is not a pilot.

Whether it was his choice or someone else's, I couldn't help it... I giggled a little even though he does have a f'n awesome job now.

So where are they now?

The cadet has an awesome job? What is it?

How about the major? After the FW/CC's apology letter, I can't imagine the major went very far on AD. How about this letter coming up in an airline interview... Like Hindsight said, the internet is forever. I bet every airline has guys who know who the major is. Not something I'd want hanging out there going to a job interview. Hope he didn't hurt himself or his professional livelihood with an email reply...

24 minutes ago, Pancake said:

How about the major? After the FW/CC's apology letter, I can't imagine the major went very far on AD. How about this letter coming up in an airline interview... Like Hindsight said, the internet is forever. I bet every airline has guys who know who the major is. Not something I'd want hanging out there going to a job interview. Hope he didn't hurt himself or his professional livelihood with an email reply...

O-5, Command list, flying with the majors now.  Didn't hurt my professional livelihood at all.

• Upvote 31

1 hour ago, Toro said:

O-5, Command list, flying with the majors now.  Didn't hurt my professional livelihood at all.

Wow. You were a total d!ck to that kid, and the whole world knows about it. Maybe the kid needed that, I don't know.  Either way, good on ya for getting thru that unscathed.

For grins, what did the boss say to you when he pulled you into his office?

Edited by Pancake
  • Downvote 8

Did you ever come to regret your email, or at least decide you would have done things differently? For reasons other than the ass chewing.

How strange the internet is. I was talking to George about that email over a decade ago, and now I'm in a forum with you.

Glad you didn't get anything more than the punishment you deserved. I don't know what he was like then, but Kwast is a pretty good dude as a 3 Star.

3 hours ago, Toro said:

Today, there's some cadet, sitting in his academy dorm room decorated to look like his mothers basement who's only wish is to be a space geek.  With his thick glasses perched on his pale nose, he is going to hammer out a letter on his Doritos stained keyboard to Captain Sandecker telling him that, as a cadet, he is ready to sit in and be a satellite jockey.  He was a member of the rocket club, has his HAM radio license, and is well versed in all things Dungeons and Dragons.  Captain Sandecker, reflecting on the reply from one each Mr. Toro, will answer this young, ambitious basement dweller that the Satellite Operations facility is no place for an amateur, radio operator or otherwise, hazards like hot coffee or tipping over vending machines abound.  Discussions of Kirk vs Picard would probably not be understood by just a cadet.  Staring at computer screens is for professionals so stop calling, texting, #leaveusthefuckalone.  So, the dreams of a lowly cadet get crushed because of a prior Toro Fox 2 to the face (nice shot!) of an earlier wannabe. 

• Upvote 11

Wow. You were a total d!ck to that kid, and the whole world knows about it. Maybe the kid needed that, I don't know.  Either way, good on ya for getting thru that unscathed.
For grins, what did the boss say to you when he pulled you into his office?

STFU SNAP. WGAF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 8

23 hours ago, Pancake said:

You were a total d!ck to that kid

What a lot of people -- apparently yourself included -- are missing is that the letter was "fighter standard" straight-talk, despite what Killer's public response to it was.

As a fellow Strike Eagle dude when this all went down, I can tell you that 99% of the bro network thought Toro's reply was right-on, because that's how we talk to each other and how we keep each other on the straight-and-narrow when we stray outside what is acceptable behavior.

So, it is no surprise to me that Toro made O-5, and had a fine career afterward, because he's a damn good officer, aviator, and instructor, and the vast majority of his peers and leaders knew that, too...as well as not thinking the email was some wildly-offensive douchey move.

Edited by Hacker
  • Upvote 5

I've been trolling Toro for years to release that, I need to find a new target......

You should try to find Lt Smalley, I think it was, that wrote the letter to the CGOC at F.E. Warren suggesting that they not participate in a pub crawl in Ft. Collins or better yet the female from Ramstein that responded. That email made it around at the GO/FO level by the time it was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums
  • Upvote 1

You should try to find Lt Smalley, I think it was, that wrote the letter to the CGOC at F.E. Warren suggesting that they not participate in a pub crawl in Ft. Collins or better yet the female from Ramstein that responded. That email made it around at the GO/FO level by the time it was done.

I have a drinking problem? FLICK you, Peck, you're a Mormon. Compared to you we ALL have a drinking problem!

On 3/20/2017 at 11:51 AM, sqwatch said:

STFU SNAP. WGAF.

Funny how a 15+ year Fighter Pilot is now considered a SNAP...

Makes me laugh!

"Lt MonkeySex".  Loved that one.
[/url]  

Wow. That's some ignorant stuff from people wanting to blame things not on their own actions but an inanimate object. Alcohol. How can an object be responsible for their personal decisions? Those dudes aren't accepted because they don't drink. It's because they impose their crap on everyone else and expect to be honored by it. That's what's wrong with our country at large and democrats. Ahhh. Pisses me off.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 2:07 AM, dream big said:

And for years I wondered if it was the same Toro...

If it makes you feel any better, that email was circulated around the cadet wing and hung up on walls.  Poor guy had to feel the after-effects of it for the rest of his time there haha.  

It took a wing-wide email from the Cadet WG/CC to "crush" it.  Crush = just spread the story to the handful of folks that hadn't seen it yet.  Oh, George...