Stocks for Dummies (Aviators)

ClearedHot

2 hours ago, Orbit said:

NVDA is getting destroyed today after this http://citronresearch.com/nvidia-trade-back-130/

Only up 5% for the week?! Better reallocate.

1 hour ago, matmacwc said:

I got this "tip" from a pilot, I know already a loaded question.  Anyone tradetobefree.com ??  He says he makes up to $1000 a day.  I believe him, but just throwing it out there.

A system so good they have to charge a monthly fee! And $.69 is "up to $1000"/day.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 2:02 PM, Orbit said:

NVDA is getting destroyed today after this http://citronresearch.com/nvidia-trade-back-130/

Andrew Left is known as a self-promoting douchenozzle but he's not always wrong. It's very hard to see a scenario where NVDA justifies its valuation but there is a lot of blind credulity and enthusiasm for any tech company with a growth story these days. Makes shorting brutal.

On 2/20/2017 at 6:53 PM, Slick said:

Right now Titan is trading at .38/share with tremendous upside potential.  Intuitive was trading at less than $10 at one point and is now over $700. 

Definitely worth checking out.  

Trading at .11 today.  

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, HU&W said:

Trading at .11 today.  

They are still on track with their proposed timeline from earlier this year.  Their last shelf offering should fund them through the first quarter of 2018 and some big milestones will be reached along the way.  Price is down due to fear and nothing else. 

6 hours ago, Slick said:

They are still on track with their proposed timeline from earlier this year.  Their last shelf offering should fund them through the first quarter of 2018 and some big milestones will be reached along the way.  Price is down due to fear and nothing else. 

so you're loading up at these bargain prices then?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Slick said:

I'm all about buying stock when it's on sale (undervalued).  Glad to hear you're taking the long view.  Good luck.

On 6/25/2017 at 10:21 PM, Day Man said:

so you're loading up at these bargain prices then?

Just deleting some embarrassing "advice" I thought I was giving.  

Edited by Slick

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/walgreens-scraps-rite-aid-bid-but-will-still-buy-some-stores/ar-BBDrjrX?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp

"Walgreens Boots Alliance abandoned its deal to acquire rival drugstore chain Rite Aid and will instead buy nearly half of its target's stores after U.S. regulators raised anti-trust concerns about the original plan."

As of 1019E, RAD is down 23.28% since yesterday's close.

Edited by nunya
grammer is difucult

I bought in at .37/share and then cashed out at .29/share because I couldn't pass up RAD (Rite Aid).  My money is tied up in RAD right now but within 2 weeks I should be able to cash out from them and then yes, I will be re-investing in Titan.

Perfect opportunity to cash out with a 26% drop today.
http://investorplace.com/2017/06/rite-aid-corporation-rad-stock-screwed/
  • Upvote 1

Anyone going long on Illinois Muni Bonds?

I would wait on this. When Illinois gets downgraded to junk because they can't pass a budget you will see forced selling by large institutions who's investment mandates won't let them own junk debt. Even after that this is going to take years to sort out in court so there's no rush to get involved. I know the Puerto Rico situation a lot better than IL so I'm not sure exactly what kinds of debt has been issued there but if you can find bonds with any sort of special revenue pledge those will have a better legal claim. Look for bonds backed by sales tax or infrastructure. They already sold the toll road but one of the airports might have bonds paid by airport fees and taxes. Your biggest problem is the massive sucking black hole of completely unfunded pension liabilities in a state where the court has already ruled pension claims are non-negotiable. Remember the government and unions negotiated and agreed to change the pension a few years back and some retiree sued and the court agreed that even the union couldn't negotiate a decrease in their own benefits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Baseops Network Forums mobile app

What about it made you laugh? The fiscal situation in Puerto Rico is similar with billions of muni debt which is currently impossible to pay. We've spent a couple hundred hours researching Puerto Rico and the various issuers, legal claims and priorities so i have a much better understanding of that than I do of the Illinois debt.

17 minutes ago, MilitaryToFinance said:

What about it made you laugh? The fiscal situation in Puerto Rico is similar with billions of muni debt which is currently impossible to pay. We've spent a couple hundred hours researching Puerto Rico and the various issuers, legal claims and priorities so i have a much better understanding of that than I do of the Illinois debt.

I certainly wasn't laughing at your analysis.  The Schadenfreude is another thing 

I grew up in Illinois.  The Daleys, Madigans, Vrdolyak, Braun.  Blajogevich and Obama were outliers on the same bell curve of players.

Illinois is reaping what has been sown over the decades.  Racing toward pairity with its sister city Detroit.  That Puerto Rico is in a much better situation is not surprising at all.  At leas they have a thriving tourism industry to milk.  That's not going away anytime soon.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My free unsolicited words of wisdom regarding stocks..

- Never invest all your money in one stock. Diversify. If you have $100, put $20 each in 3 stocks, put $40 in bonds, etc

- The price of a stock will be what most people think its should be, for whatever reason. Amazon may not actually be worth $2000/share, but it’s trading there because that’s what people think it’s price should be.

- Price is psychological, not based on the actual book value. Invest in stocks that are trading close to what their book value is. Selling all Amazon assets and properties and distributing them to shareholders will not get you $2000/share. You will not get your money back.

- Because when the time comes, price bubbles burst and you don’t want to loose a ton of money! 

1 hour ago, katdude said:

My free unsolicited words of wisdom regarding stocks..

- Never invest all your money in one stock. Diversify. If you have $100, put $20 each in 3 stocks, put $40 in bonds, etc

- The price of a stock will be what most people think its should be, for whatever reason. Amazon may not actually be worth $2000/share, but it’s trading there because that’s what people think it’s price should be.

- Price is psychological, not based on the actual book value. Invest in stocks that are trading close to what their book value is. Selling all Amazon assets and properties and distributing them to shareholders will not get you $2000/share. You will not get your money back.

- Because when the time comes, price bubbles burst and you don’t want to loose a ton of money! 

Wow, thanks Mr. Buffett!🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1