2018 Active Duty UFT Board

flat4power

Great, hope mine will be similar. I've been trying to take my check-ride for the past 3 months all I need to do is the flight portion. Hoping to have another shot next week (weather). I'm debating between asking to waive IFS (the release does say "for selectees without a PPL") and taking the TDY to get as much stick time as possible.

If you end up getting out of it, let us know what it took!

Got it waived, just emailed the Assignments Team. They had it from my package. Word on the street is they might move it back to IFS, so I pulled the trigger.

11 hours ago, Mortdude said:

So can confirm I have three friends that were picked up with PCSMs in the 60's and one had a PCSM in the 50s. None had their PPL... I'm wondering if there was a shortage in applicants this year or if they just needed bodies so bad that the threshold for acceptance was lower this year?

Why would you post this? You either undermine the people who got accepted or crap on the guys who didn’t? 

Come on bro

• Like 1

Why would you post this? You either undermine the people who got accepted or crap on the guys who didn’t? 

Come on bro

True.

Also, hopefully next year there is more transparency for dudes who have AFSC’s that they aren’t pulling. I know a couple of dudes here who either shelled out dollars for a PPL or busted ass on their package for AFPC to tell them after selection that they weren’t considered. Maybe I’m off base, it was just a interesting board.

First things first, congratulations to all those selected, and condolences to all those not.

On 3/18/2018 at 5:13 AM, Mortdude said:

My point wasn't either of those, sorry if feelings get hurt but I think it's important for this information to be out there so guys aren't applying thinking the only things that matter are PCSM and flying hours... Because if you search this forum that's the prevailing knowledge ... crush your TBAS/AFOQT and get a PPL then you're gucci. I have anecdotal evidence that isn't always the case.

My point exactly, I think AFSC is a big piece of the selection process that isn't talked about/transparent. 

That's interesting, I heard something similar from last year where the delta in the PCSMs was even more extreme.  I too am confused by the selection criteria used by the board.  I took the AFOQT in 2008 (I'm probably one of the oldest applicants this year) and my AFOQT test score page doesn't even list an ABM score.  On my AF215 I reported my ABM score as "n/a" and guess what?  ...I was selected for UABMT.  My PCSM was in the neighborhood of the ones you reported.  My AFSC is 62E with a respectable GPA in electrical engineering.  I went on PTDY to WPAFB and passed the FCI physical at USAFSAM, so from what I understand I already completed MFS.  From the outside looking in, it does seem like some of the assignments were rather arbitrary.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited and thankful for the opportunity to attend ABM training this fall, full stop.

• 2 weeks later...