Lapse in Flight Physical/ACIP question

Did a search but it didn't turn up anything specific for this...

I'm in the NCR on a non-flying assignment (school).  I got an email from the servicing HARM office at Andrews saying my physical would soon expire and that I would begin losing flight pay.  The email was sent on the day my physical expired, which of course didn't leave me any time to get a new physical.  I made the earliest possible appointment at my servicing flight med clinic (JBAB), which is in late Feb.

Andrews HARM told me I will lose flight pay for the duration of time I am "disqualified" (about 3 weeks).  They said there is no waiver process or really anything that can be done to avoid losing money.

Anyone else ever deal with this?  Am I just hosed on this?

And yes, I know ultimately I'm responsible for ensuring I don't let the physical expire, but to be honest, I don't usually keep that date locked in my crosscheck (got used to ground scheduling taking care of that in the ops unit), and since the reminder email was sent on the day of expiration, it's kind of shitty.

In fairness though it was nice to know you had your physical synced to your birth month as a lieutenant.  It's a bit harder, sts, now that the date of expiration is 455 days after the last flight physical.  

Yeah all you need to remember is the month of your physical last year. Shoot for that month next year, if you don't hit it, don't fret you still have 3 months to get that shit done. I'm not gonna bend over backwards to re-do the PHA schedule so you don't lose flight pay in 3 days. The people who have signed up at the proper time are getting it done. I'm not in the business of ing them to un you. You get the next available slot.

It's the same pity I have on people who wait until the last week before their flying eval comes due to try and get it done.

Clearly I'm a salty former-scheduler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, the g-man said:

Yeah all you need to remember is the month of your physical last year. Shoot for that month next year, if you don't hit it, don't fret you still have 3 months to get that shit done. I'm not gonna bend over backwards to re-do the PHA schedule so you don't lose flight pay in 3 days. The people who have signed up at the proper time are getting it done. I'm not in the business of ing them to un you. You get the next available slot.

It's the same pity I have on people who wait until the last week before their flying eval comes due to try and get it done.

Clearly I'm a salty former-scheduler.

Bad-ass alert.

• 2 weeks later...
Did a search but it didn't turn up anything specific for this...
I'm in the NCR on a non-flying assignment (school).  I got an email from the servicing HARM office at Andrews saying my physical would soon expire and that I would begin losing flight pay.  The email was sent on the day my physical expired, which of course didn't leave me any time to get a new physical.  I made the earliest possible appointment at my servicing flight med clinic (JBAB), which is in late Feb.
Andrews HARM told me I will lose flight pay for the duration of time I am "disqualified" (about 3 weeks).  They said there is no waiver process or really anything that can be done to avoid losing money.
Anyone else ever deal with this?  Am I just hosed on this?
And yes, I know ultimately I'm responsible for ensuring I don't let the physical expire, but to be honest, I don't usually keep that date locked in my crosscheck (got used to ground scheduling taking care of that in the ops unit), and since the reminder email was sent on the day of expiration, it's kind of shitty.

I know a guy who lapsed by three days. Finance messed up the stop pay order from the HARM and backdated his stop to an entire year prior. What should have only been a few bucks turned into thousands and an issue that took months to resolve.

I hope your finance office doesn't mess up like this.

I know a guy who lapsed by three days. Finance messed up the stop pay order from the HARM and backdated his stop to an entire year prior. What should have only been a few bucks turned into thousands and an issue that took months to resolve.

I hope your finance office doesn't mess up like this.

I think finance did it correctly and I already have the "flight pay resolution" email stating that it started up again after my physical.

FWIW I told the doc and hinted at backdating the date of the physical to the date of expiration, but he didn't bite. Overall I lost ~$500 - not the end of the world but stung a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums