How do my numbers look?

thetoddg

Right, so here are my numbers,

AFOQT: 96/89/76/95/49

PCSM: 93

GPA: 2.82 Bachelor of Applied Science: Technology and Management. All my bachelor's classes were taken online while I was working on my parent's farm. I also have an associate's in professional aviation  with a GPA of 3.2 if that means anything.

Flight Experience: 299.2 hours. Private, multi, instrument, commercial, with high horsepower and complex endorsements. 

I'm also enlisted (E-3) with the unit I'm applying  at. I work as an Airfield Manager in the OPS department, so I know the majority of the pilots on a friendly basis.

Edited by thetoddg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was selected for an interview. Looks like they are going to interview 25 candidates the Saturday of next drill, then interview their top 10 that Sunday. Plus there are a few social gatherings planned for the Friday beforehand and Saturday evening. 

7 hours ago, GEKO said:

Congrats on the interview!  Now you need to practice your interview over and over.  This will set you apart from the rest.

Thank you. For sure.

I've been cruising the threads, and it looks like the name of the game is keeping it real and honest. That works for me. My parents were fans of 'gotcha' questions, so now I always figure that people already know the truth when they ask me stuff; which keeps me honest I suppose.

I'm not too sure what to wear to the informal gatherings. I'm thinking slacks and a nice jumper. 

For the interview, I scored a 3-piece suit for $30 at Goodwill, and it mostly fits. That and a fresh haircut and clean shave, I should be looking half decent.

8 minutes ago, thetoddg said:

For the interview, I scored a 3-piece suit for $30 at Goodwill, and it mostly fits. 

A goodwill suit got me a job! I had to find the same kind of black material that matched the jacket but no one was the wiser.

3 hours ago, thetoddg said:

I'm not too sure what to wear to the informal gatherings. I'm thinking slacks and a nice jumper.

What you wear for the social doesn't really matter, as long as you look decent.  No T-shirts or ripped jeans, but other than that it doesn't matter.  The pilots are more concerned with getting to know you.  Jeans or slacks are fine with a button down shirt, rolled up sleeves.  Good to go.

2 hours ago, Magic24 said:

You're enlisted with the unit you're interviewing with right? I'd wear dress blues to your interview...

I enlisted after I graduated college last June, but I haven't shipped yet. I'm an E-3 on paper only. Been rocking Student Flight and job shadowing the OPs dept for eight months now.

So no blues for me. 

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Edw26 said:

Congratulations! Which airframe?

F-15. My absolute dream. I would be happy with fighters in general, but the F-15 was always my poster airplane (right next to the P-38 lighting).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...