Jump to content

The Congressman is back yo


congressman

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Wendell said:

So he continues to point fingers and blame Trump as the current administration can’t dig itself out of its ups…I for one will be glad when he is just another washed up pilot on the street 

https://ktvz.com/videos/2021/08/22/gop-congressman-places-blame-on-trump-admin-for-crisis-in-afghanistan-they-set-this-up-to-fail-3/

 

I was waiting for “actually it’s Trump’s fault”…no, this mess is 100% Biden’s mess. Trump had an exist strategy…woke Miley sat on it until Biden finally made a decision in April and now we have one of the largest humanitarian crises in recent history - and because the guy in the office can’t put a sentence together let alone make a strategic decision, it might get much worse.  

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2021 at 12:39 PM, LookieRookie said:

From what I remember, he started good anti trump piece after he didn’t get the SECAF job.

 

https://www.defensenews.com/congress/2019/04/27/rep-adam-kinzinger-says-hes-open-to-air-force-secretary-job/

Good gig for a Metroliner guy.  Heck, I have Beech 99/Shorts 330 time...should have thrown my hat in the ring.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/24/2021 at 9:47 PM, dream big said:

I was waiting for “actually it’s Trump’s fault”…no, this mess is 100% Biden’s mess. Trump had an exist strategy…woke Miley sat on it until Biden finally made a decision in April and now we have one of the largest humanitarian crises in recent history - and because the guy in the office can’t put a sentence together let alone make a strategic decision, it might get much worse.  

Indeed. I wonder how bad this disaster will get before people stop blaming Trump. My guess is never. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 1/12/2017 at 10:54 AM, ImNotARobot said:

https://www.airforcetimes.com/articles/mileygate-commander-promotion-letter

I was stationed with/flew with/went to college with one of these guys that got wrongly burned in this fiasco. He's a great dude, and is still dealing with the after effects while Hastings is jockeying for his own promotion. 

 

It's been about 6 years since Miley Gate.  What ever happened to the three guys that were wrongly accused? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

It's been about 6 years since Miley Gate.  What ever happened to the three guys that were wrongly accused? 

Hopefully the universe provided the needed correction and they're all enjoying post-military careers which allow them the professional satisfaction and personal/family enrichment they deserve.  🙂

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/24/2021 at 7:47 PM, dream big said:

I was waiting for “actually it’s Trump’s fault”…no, this mess is 100% Biden’s mess. Trump had an exist strategy…woke Miley sat on it until Biden finally made a decision in April and now we have one of the largest humanitarian crises in recent history - and because the guy in the office can’t put a sentence together let alone make a strategic decision, it might get much worse.  

I mean they’re both at fault, and people who want to blame one or the other are looking at it with a partisan lens. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 8:39 AM, brickhistory said:

Concur. 

However, given that the Democrats will redraw the districts and his is nearly 50-50 split, I see them trying to contain the Republicans to those southern areas of the state and will carve his up among the existing Democrat districts in ensure a lock.  I don't believe he could win in one of those redder districts as he's voted for numerous gun-control measures, wants to stay in Afghanistan, and voted for Trump Impeachment II, etc.  But no local knowledge so could be entirely off-base.

I do know, however, that Kinzinger was one of the Republicans given the Steele Dossier back when.  To the best of my knowledge he has never denied (or confirmed) spreading the info around.

I also know that a Trump-endorsed candidate was the leading vote getter for a special election in TX yesterday and will advance to the final since she didn't get a 50% + 1 of the votes cast.

The Kinzinger-endorsed candidate was pretty far back and didn't make the next round.

To be fair, the leading vote getter was the widow of the deceased representative, so Trump may or may not have been a factor in her advancement.  But Kinzinger's influence was pretty nil.  I think others will be drawing similar conclusions.

https://www.wbez.org/stories/congressional-map-puts-kinzinger-in-left-leaning-district/08fa3566-03bb-447b-8dc5-679d9fefc39d

 

Hopefully, AMF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ViperMan said:

When I really stop and think about this, I do have a problem with someone currently wearing the uniform being in congress. Just feels incongruent to me.

Hadn’t given it all that much thought to be honest. Came across this op-ed while attempting to find out how many members of Congress are currently serving: https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/06/02/members-of-congress-shouldnt-serve-in-the-military/

Definitely makes a good case against concurrent military and political service. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

Hadn’t given it all that much thought to be honest.

 

Same here...but it begs the question: if military service is allowed, why can Kinzinger (and others) in the Reserve serve in Congress and Airmen on Active duty not?

I'm sure there's a valid reason, I'm just too tired to look it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because it's part time?  I guess that opens the question of what happens when one goes on orders or a unit activation, I'm guessing that individual would be exempted.

I personally think having military representation/experience in government is a good thing, beyond Veteran's Preference for federal jobs.  Lindsey Graham, Ted Lieu, others.  Why further widen the already huge gulf between the citizenry you serve, and the military membership?  Frankly I'm at the other end of things, and feel more politicians should have stake in America than just ambition, vanity and ego.  I'd support a service requirement just to qualify for office.

I disagree with a lot of you, I feel the loss of Kinzinger is a bad thing.  Obviously I'm not a MAGA guy but I'm no lefty either.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I really stop and think about this, I do have a problem with someone currently wearing the uniform being in congress. Just feels incongruent to me.
Why? They are just wearing different hats at different times. Congress should represent our citizenry, and that includes those in uniform as reservists.

Where would you draw the line? What if a congressman was in the Guard? Should reservists be barred from state government as well?

Should executive branch also bar reservist from serving in a civilian capacity? For example, the was a former SECNAV who was also a Navy reservist O-5 at the same time and an active NFO on flight status.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lehman
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GKinnear said:

 

Same here...but it begs the question: if military service is allowed, why can Kinzinger (and others) in the Reserve serve in Congress and Airmen on Active duty not?

I'm sure there's a valid reason, I'm just too tired to look it up.

Because guys in the Guard and Reserve usually have real  jobs and can tell the big military to naff off as needed..Not unheard of for a say .. staff sergeant to personally know and maybe went to High School with a Senator or Congress critter and those associations can work better than four stars and the big military knows it..

oop's  goblins arrive....chow....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Clayton Bigsby said:

Because it's part time?  I guess that opens the question of what happens when one goes on orders or a unit activation, I'm guessing that individual would be exempted.

I personally think having military representation/experience in government is a good thing, beyond Veteran's Preference for federal jobs.  Lindsey Graham, Ted Lieu, others.  Why further widen the already huge gulf between the citizenry you serve, and the military membership?  Frankly I'm at the other end of things, and feel more politicians should have stake in America than just ambition, vanity and ego.  I'd support a service requirement just to qualify for office.

I disagree with a lot of you, I feel the loss of Kinzinger is a bad thing.  Obviously I'm not a MAGA guy but I'm no lefty either.

My distrust of Kinzinger has very little to do with his disdain for Trump but more so his willingness to sway with the winds of whatever popular opinion prevails. Like most politicians, red or blue, he is an opportunist.  I trust Tulsi more than I trust him and I consistently vote Red! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt he runs for a statewide office in Illinois.  Don't see the votes to put him in.

I stick with my future talking head auditions with a real chance of a weekend show, initially, on CNN or MSNBC prediction.  

He'll get lots of airtime for the 2022 election cycle and those will be his chance to move into his own pundit show.  "Kinzinger Zings" or some such.  I'm trademarking the name, btw.

Good gig if you can get it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...