Jump to content

The Congressman is back yo


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No Fear   Thanks fellas.  Fear is really all over politics and its corrosive.  Im at total peace.  Put the above video out yesterday on Fear to begin that convo on what is driving our politi

Why don’t we start with not requiring military members to pay federal and state income tax? That’s an easy pay increase across the board with no perceptible reduction in tax revenue.

Posted Images

22 hours ago, uhhello said:

Just means the red states are turning purple in my holiday inn express education.

We need an ad campaign reminding people they moved here from there because they didn't like living there anymore so do not vote here to make it like there. I did hear of Texas voting stats that said the refugees from blue stats voted more consistently conservative than longer term residents.... Which is nice. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

We need an ad campaign reminding people they moved here from there because they didn't like living there anymore so do not vote here to make it like there. I did hear of Texas voting stats that said the refugees from blue stats voted more consistently conservative than longer term residents.... Which is nice. 

I think the stat was that transplants vote more red than people born in Texas. But the people born in Texas also includes the young people that were kids of those transplants. And those people are voting heavy blue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2021 at 10:07 AM, uhhello said:

Just means the red states are turning purple in my holiday inn express education.

Indeed.

 

In the short term, it MIGHT pay off for the GOP, but in the long term, just as California turned uber-liberal over a series of years/migration from liberal places, so too shall the few remaining bastions of largely self-governance shift as the tide turns because of refugees fouling up their new nests.

Perhaps, unlikely, but perhaps, while the current Red states are shifting, the blue ones will start to shift back after peak "Escape from New York."

But my point for pointing out that Illinois lost a congressional seat is that, likely, the congressman of this thread has known that data for a while and is positioning himself for other venues.  

He says he doesn't rule out a statewide office run, but I just can't see it happening.  D's won't vote for him no matter how anti-Trump he says he is (gotta hurt that Gina Ortiz-Jones, a 2 X failed congressional candidate gets a nod for Under-SECAF and this guy got bupkis...), and most R's won't because of that.

I'm seeing some sort of TV gig being lined up.  My theory anyway.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2021 at 4:59 PM, brickhistory said:

… my point for pointing out that Illinois lost a congressional seat is that, likely, the congressman of this thread has known that data for a while and is positioning himself for other venues.  

He says he doesn't rule out a statewide office run, but I just can't see it happening.  D's won't vote for him no matter how anti-Trump he says he is (gotta hurt that Gina Ortiz-Jones, a 2 X failed congressional candidate gets a nod for Under-SECAF and this guy got bupkis...), and most R's won't because of that.

You’d be surprised….

Downstate Dems in Illinois look an awful lot like Republicans elsewhere - pro-life, pro-gun, etc. My guess is he knows the score, but the outcome might be different than your posit.

Chuck

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chuck17 said:

You’d be surprised….

Downstate Dems in Illinois look an awful lot like Republicans elsewhere - pro-life, pro-gun, etc. My guess is he knows the score, but the outcome might be different than your posit.

Chuck

Concur. 

However, given that the Democrats will redraw the districts and his is nearly 50-50 split, I see them trying to contain the Republicans to those southern areas of the state and will carve his up among the existing Democrat districts in ensure a lock.  I don't believe he could win in one of those redder districts as he's voted for numerous gun-control measures, wants to stay in Afghanistan, and voted for Trump Impeachment II, etc.  But no local knowledge so could be entirely off-base.

I do know, however, that Kinzinger was one of the Republicans given the Steele Dossier back when.  To the best of my knowledge he has never denied (or confirmed) spreading the info around.

I also know that a Trump-endorsed candidate was the leading vote getter for a special election in TX yesterday and will advance to the final since she didn't get a 50% + 1 of the votes cast.

The Kinzinger-endorsed candidate was pretty far back and didn't make the next round.

To be fair, the leading vote getter was the widow of the deceased representative, so Trump may or may not have been a factor in her advancement.  But Kinzinger's influence was pretty nil.  I think others will be drawing similar conclusions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fingers crossed, because Gaetz is a clown.

Only way Gaetz loses an election is getting defeated in the primary. FL-1 can do (much) better than Gaetz
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Blue Texas is like fusion power plants.  Fourty years away, and probably always will be.

Trump was extremely strong in the Rio Grande valley,he far exceeded the predictions of the Smart  Ones.

Now that Biden has thrown the border into chaos all the democrat elected officals are begging his handlers to do, something, anything, to show that they give a shit about the people who live and work down there.

Harris donated a comic book.

This week there was a Congressional runoff for a vacant seat near Fort Worth.  There were eleven candidates.  Two Republicans won and will face each in the election.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-backed-candidate-heads-runoff-texas-special-congressional-election-2021-05-02/

Edited by JimNtexas
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...