Jump to content

The Congressman is back yo


congressman

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, uhhello said:

Just means the red states are turning purple in my holiday inn express education.

We need an ad campaign reminding people they moved here from there because they didn't like living there anymore so do not vote here to make it like there. I did hear of Texas voting stats that said the refugees from blue stats voted more consistently conservative than longer term residents.... Which is nice. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

We need an ad campaign reminding people they moved here from there because they didn't like living there anymore so do not vote here to make it like there. I did hear of Texas voting stats that said the refugees from blue stats voted more consistently conservative than longer term residents.... Which is nice. 

I think the stat was that transplants vote more red than people born in Texas. But the people born in Texas also includes the young people that were kids of those transplants. And those people are voting heavy blue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2021 at 10:07 AM, uhhello said:

Just means the red states are turning purple in my holiday inn express education.

Indeed.

 

In the short term, it MIGHT pay off for the GOP, but in the long term, just as California turned uber-liberal over a series of years/migration from liberal places, so too shall the few remaining bastions of largely self-governance shift as the tide turns because of refugees fouling up their new nests.

Perhaps, unlikely, but perhaps, while the current Red states are shifting, the blue ones will start to shift back after peak "Escape from New York."

But my point for pointing out that Illinois lost a congressional seat is that, likely, the congressman of this thread has known that data for a while and is positioning himself for other venues.  

He says he doesn't rule out a statewide office run, but I just can't see it happening.  D's won't vote for him no matter how anti-Trump he says he is (gotta hurt that Gina Ortiz-Jones, a 2 X failed congressional candidate gets a nod for Under-SECAF and this guy got bupkis...), and most R's won't because of that.

I'm seeing some sort of TV gig being lined up.  My theory anyway.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2021 at 4:59 PM, brickhistory said:

… my point for pointing out that Illinois lost a congressional seat is that, likely, the congressman of this thread has known that data for a while and is positioning himself for other venues.  

He says he doesn't rule out a statewide office run, but I just can't see it happening.  D's won't vote for him no matter how anti-Trump he says he is (gotta hurt that Gina Ortiz-Jones, a 2 X failed congressional candidate gets a nod for Under-SECAF and this guy got bupkis...), and most R's won't because of that.

You’d be surprised….

Downstate Dems in Illinois look an awful lot like Republicans elsewhere - pro-life, pro-gun, etc. My guess is he knows the score, but the outcome might be different than your posit.

Chuck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Chuck17 said:

You’d be surprised….

Downstate Dems in Illinois look an awful lot like Republicans elsewhere - pro-life, pro-gun, etc. My guess is he knows the score, but the outcome might be different than your posit.

Chuck

Concur. 

However, given that the Democrats will redraw the districts and his is nearly 50-50 split, I see them trying to contain the Republicans to those southern areas of the state and will carve his up among the existing Democrat districts in ensure a lock.  I don't believe he could win in one of those redder districts as he's voted for numerous gun-control measures, wants to stay in Afghanistan, and voted for Trump Impeachment II, etc.  But no local knowledge so could be entirely off-base.

I do know, however, that Kinzinger was one of the Republicans given the Steele Dossier back when.  To the best of my knowledge he has never denied (or confirmed) spreading the info around.

I also know that a Trump-endorsed candidate was the leading vote getter for a special election in TX yesterday and will advance to the final since she didn't get a 50% + 1 of the votes cast.

The Kinzinger-endorsed candidate was pretty far back and didn't make the next round.

To be fair, the leading vote getter was the widow of the deceased representative, so Trump may or may not have been a factor in her advancement.  But Kinzinger's influence was pretty nil.  I think others will be drawing similar conclusions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blue Texas is like fusion power plants.  Fourty years away, and probably always will be.

Trump was extremely strong in the Rio Grande valley,he far exceeded the predictions of the Smart  Ones.

Now that Biden has thrown the border into chaos all the democrat elected officals are begging his handlers to do, something, anything, to show that they give a shit about the people who live and work down there.

Harris donated a comic book.

This week there was a Congressional runoff for a vacant seat near Fort Worth.  There were eleven candidates.  Two Republicans won and will face each in the election.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-backed-candidate-heads-runoff-texas-special-congressional-election-2021-05-02/

Edited by JimNtexas
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, bfargin said:

He earned them all

LOL, I was wondering how long it would take for The Congressman to go from hero to goat on here. 
 

I guess the only principle that matters is how covered in orange dust you can get yourself. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sawf16 said:

LOL, I was wondering how long it would take for The Congressman to go from hero to goat on here. 
 

I guess the only principle that matters is how covered in orange dust you can get yourself. 

No, you weren’t wondering that. But, you were using the word “principle” in the wrong context. Cheers.

I’ve defended Congressman as much as I’ve critiqued him. But this... Can you imagine an aircraft commander crying in the midst of performing their primary duties? During a briefing? WTF. You can’t make rational decisions when you can’t contain your emotions. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4174850

Edited by torqued
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Democrat-controlled House sets up a Jan 6 Committee and wants the Republicans to play.  Despite multiple investigations on-going.  Whether they should or not is another thread.

The Republicans offer up 5 GOP representatives.  The Democrat Speaker of the House rejects two of them.

If they can't determine their own members to serve on this Committee, the GOP declines to play.

The Democrat Speaker then chooses two 'GOP' members to serve on the Committee, thus making it 'bipartisan.'

As "Pelosi Republicans," this seems totally legit...

 

as tame talking heads for various CNN/MSNBC/MSM gigs.

Oh, and don't forget the "Stunning and Brave" memoirs that are sure to be out soon.  Funny how books like that get the 'author' a hefty advance, but never actually sell and make a profit.  I have got to get in on that economy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meh.  Add him to the long list of sell outs.  And it’s not a Trump thing for me.  It’s that he’s the latest in modern politics to do what’s best for him.  Modern politics 101.   These people don’t work for us.  They work for themselves.  He’s been tactful in the way he got the spotlight and he’s found a way to stay in it.  Tears and all.  

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, torqued said:

No, you weren’t wondering that. But, you were using the word “principle” in the wrong context. Cheers.

I’ve defended Congressman as much as I’ve critiqued him. But this... Can you imagine an aircraft commander crying in the midst of performing their primary duties? During a briefing? WTF. You can’t make rational decisions when you can’t contain your emotions. 

 

Thanks for the mind read, I guess?

 

When I say principle, I am referring to a fundamental truth. Did you think I was talking about the guy your mom banged to keep you in regular school?

  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 8:49 PM, sawf16 said:

Thanks for the mind read, I guess?

 

When I say principle, I am referring to a fundamental truth. Did you think I was talking about the guy your mom banged to keep you in regular school?

That's a great mom joke! LOL. I love mom jokes.

 

Edited by torqued
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I realize some of you may have a hard-on for this person, so I'll remain open minded. After all, he's one of us and he seems like a reallyreallyreally nice guy. 😭 You could definitely leave him alone with your wife.

My gut reaction when reading this tweet was "this dude is losing his shit", but that could be entirely mistaken. As I work through the possible explanations, It could be that he might be using a better dictionary that no one else has access to. Maybe he's a time traveller. I don't know, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Submitted for your consideration: None of you are patriots. ("probably") 😆

https://twitter.com/AdamKinzinger/status/1423649869470777346?s=20

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...