The Congressman is back yo

congressman

23 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

Sorry, I was unclear. I didn't mean that he was quick to cry. I meant that he was a careerist twat who would do anything to stay in the spotlight.

That's his public persona as far as I can tell, and that's what his squadron mate confirmed.

Copy, I see what youre saying now. 

5 hours ago, JBueno said:

Anyone know what a political commentator makes at CNN/Fox/MSNBC?

Dunno.  I think most of the "political commentators" do it as just a part time thing, but who knows.  Given Kinzinger's visibility and "recency of experience," maybe he'll be able to make it as a full time gig.

Kind of wonder what the half-life is of a CNN "Senior Political Commentator," though.  Depending on how the political winds blow, CNN may quickly find Kinzinger's opinion to be irrelevant.

Interesting to see how things shake out.  Seems like loyal Congress-critters usually find themselves rewarded with cushy jobs at lobbying firms, think tanks, private equity, etc.  So far, Kinzinger is missing out on all those options.  CNN "Senior Political Commentator" seems like a lame consolation prize......

He’s a useful pawn to leftist media. They can throw him up there with a R next to his name to provide an imaginary aura of balanced coverage while he still spouts off their desired message. 

I wonder if he still reads this thread?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, kaputt said:

He’s a useful pawn to leftist media. They can throw him up there with a R next to his name to provide an imaginary aura of balanced coverage while he still spouts off their desired message. 

Y'all know this is what Tulsi's grift is too, right? I will hand it to her, she is nice to look at...but this is her exact playbook and it has paid off handsomely.

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Y'all know this is what Tulsi's grift is too, right? I will hand it to her, she is nice to look at...but this is her exact playbook and it has paid off handsomely.

She left the Democratic Party and most of what she says makes sense. No one knows what Kinzinger believes in besides himself. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Invalid, unscorable at 6. 

4 hours ago, dream big said:

She left the Democratic Party and most of what she says makes sense. No one knows what Kinzinger believes in besides himself. 

I think it’s pretty clear that the core of what he’s doing is because he believes that Trump was bad for, and did real damage to, the country. 

most of you hate him because he hates trump. 

• Like 2

I think it’s pretty clear that the core of what he’s doing is because he believes that Trump was bad for, and did real damage to, the country. 

Nah, I dislike DT a lot, but also find this guy to be detestable. Instead of effective governance, he’s interested in self promotion and finally found a gravy train he can ride that doesn’t require any real conviction.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

Nah, I dislike DT a lot, but also find this guy to be detestable. Instead of effective governance, he’s interested in self promotion and finally found a gravy train he can ride that doesn’t require any real conviction.

I believe his self-immolation in joining the Jan 6 committee demonstrates the opposite—extreme conviction. 

Perhaps made easier by getting redistrict-ed. But I find myself more impressed by his and Cheny’s efforts to hold Trump accountable as more genuine than the cowards like McCarthy that blow wherever the winds of power take them. 

Flame away. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Homestar said:

I’ll share what I posted in this exact same thread over a year ago about Kinzinger. 

The problem wasn’t becoming an anti-Trump Republican. The problem was that in becoming an anti-Trump Republican he hilariously took on lots of the traits of Trump himself, including tweeting epically dumb shit. His “you’re only a patriot if you fought in the revolutionary war” tweet probably taking the cake. 

He had an opportunity to take a level headed approach and provide a straight forward, no nonsense, conservative opinion, and instead decided he liked the instant gratification of likes on his tweets from people with TDS and appearances on left leaning talk shows. 

Go look at his Twitter now. It’s almost entirely shit talking Tucker Carlson and focusing on Jan 6th and Michael Flynn. Meanwhile there are serious policy issues facing this country, including an out of control border, massive inflation, supply chain crisis, that could really use some no nonsense leadership to solve and he refuses to talk about it.

That is why this guy is a clown. 

This dude continues to proves he’s the same clown he was over a year ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Homestar said:

I believe his self-immolation in joining the Jan 6 committee demonstrates the opposite—extreme conviction. 

Perhaps made easier by getting redistrict-ed. But I find myself more impressed by his and Cheny’s efforts to hold Trump accountable as more genuine than the cowards like McCarthy that blow wherever the winds of power take them. 

Flame away. 

The same guy who once said he was a staunch supporter of the 2A suddenly now says he supports more gun control laws?  So much extreme conviction…

And oddly enough if Trump just had a better disposition we would be taking about the start of his 7th year and how he is one of the greatest.

Instead we are trying to prop up a mannequin and hope no one notices he has on no clothes.

I thought it would be insanely difficult to be a worse president than Carter. Biden surpassed that mark in the first year.

Oh oh oh but Jan 6th…..
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, Homestar said:

Flame away. 

Self-immolation?  You mean being a darling of the party in power and levying that into a high six-figure job with CNN where he'll only have to work a couple days a week, for an hour at a time?

God, I wish I could sabotage my own career that successfully.

Flame away. 

He didn’t have to do anything to gain that notoriety that actually had any real effect. Just grandstanding interviews. No convictions.

There are other people who crossed the party line to vote for impeachment that stated their reasons, and then quietly went about their business as legislators. Much more respectable than this.

6 hours ago, dream big said:

You don’t see it because like you said, you agree with what she says. But as a Dem I will tell you she is not one, hasn’t been one in a long time, and so the “D” next to her name (until recently) means absolutely nothing.  It she does get paid a lot by Fox News and etc. to play a role and she does it very effectively!

7 hours ago, HeloDude said:

The same guy who once said he was a staunch supporter of the 2A suddenly now says he supports more gun control laws?  So much extreme conviction…

I’ve changed my view on the 2A in n the last decade too. Nothing wrong with changing opinions. 

7 hours ago, pawnman said:

Self-immolation?  You mean being a darling of the party in power and levying that into a high six-figure job with CNN where he'll only have to work a couple days a week, for an hour at a time?

God, I wish I could sabotage my own career that successfully.

Doesn’t everyone here want to do the same thing? Except we call it airlines?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

There are other people who crossed the party line to vote for impeachment that stated their reasons, and then quietly went about their business as legislators. Much more respectable than this.

I’ll agree with you here. He definitely pulled the pin and dropped the grenade. 

35 minutes ago, Homestar said:

I’ve changed my view on the 2A in n the last decade too. Nothing wrong with changing opinions. 

That’s not what I would call then “extreme conviction”.  It’s not like the Second Amendment has changed in the last 10 years.

But since you’ve mentioned it personally. How has your view on the 2A changed and why did you change?

Just now, HeloDude said:

That’s not what I would call then “extreme conviction”.  It’s not like the Second Amendment has changed in the last 10 years.

But since you’ve mentioned it personally. How has your view on the 2A changed and why did you change?

I come from a gun family, though we were just casual target shooters with dad. Sandy Hook made me change a lot of what I think about the availability of guns generally. I find myself more in line with the left on guns now. But I recognize guns are the law of the land and I don’t have the votes to change it. 

• Upvote 2