The Congressman is back yo

congressman

You guys do realize that the Brit’s have had a female in power for the last 70 years?

And even if it was a male, that doesn’t mean all males are in charge. Just one. And males also are ruled by that one male.

Oh and the royals have just been figure heads for quite some time. No real legislative, executive or judicial powers. Just influence.

Patriarchy is a word used by people who don’t understand the actual argument and in the hope others don’t understand either.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Milton said:

You are a strange bird indeed. You state that you voted for Trump, elude to following the economist Minsky, play dumb in response to a satirical (but hilarious) comment about social issues, and post all sorts of drivel about banking, MMT, and the like to "educate" others as if you're slowly revealing what's behind the curtain in the modern banking and economic system.

Stop trying to play cat and mouse with your posts. If you have ideological priors or foundational beliefs, just state them instead of trying to play Socrates on an anonymous forum.

What would be a good example of 'stating my ideological priors and foundational beliefs', so that I can best get you what you're looking for?

On 7/22/2022 at 3:41 AM, Random Guy said:

Correct, what is the point you made?

That you're not really being honest in your positions.  You'll call for civil discourse in one breath and call someone a whiney little bitch in the next if you think it will score a point in a debate. And then you pretend be unable to recognize your own hypocrisy when it put in front of your face and obvious to everyone else. If it's intentional, you're dishonest. If it's unintentional, you're not very bright. I can't say for sure which it is.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, torqued said:

That you're not really being honest in your positions.  You'll call for civil discourse in one breath and call someone a whiney little bitch in the next if you think it will score a point in a debate. And then you pretend be unable to recognize your own hypocrisy when it put in front of your face and obvious to everyone else. If it's intentional, you're dishonest. If it's unintentional, you're not very bright. I can't say for sure which it is.

Quite right. Its easy to lose our heads and devolve into confrontation. And we can easily right ourselves, and return to civility. We can and should right each other when we have lost our way, we all benefit from clear discourse.   

On 7/19/2022 at 11:36 AM, Random Guy said:

I support Congress passing laws which would provide that outcome.

Not very familiar with the first amendment, huh?

When you support a law you shouldn't think about how it will be used, you should worry about how it will be misused.

This dude was making a political point. AOC is on the record saying that protests should make you uncomfortable. She specifically chose something that she enjoys without considering that the protest against her could be framed in a way to make her quite uncomfortable.

Just because you can't see the political point doesn't mean there isn't one. And all of that is largely irrelevant. We have the first amendment for very specific reasons, and laws that prevent sexual harassment in the workplace have no applicability in the public forum.

• Upvote 3

On 7/19/2022 at 1:29 PM, FLEA said:

Because it is overtly one of the most racist, xenophobic and misogynists' societies I've ever experienced.

Yup. The only people who fantasize about Europe as an enlightened paradise are the ones who have never lived there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yup. The only people who fantasize about Europe as an enlightened paradise are the ones who have never lived there.

“Europe isn’t racist against black people!”

“Ok well you’ve clearly never been there, but also they are really busy focusing on the Turks.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Not very familiar with the first amendment, huh?

When you support a law you shouldn't think about how it will be used, you should worry about how it will be misused.

This dude was making a political point. AOC is on the record saying that protests should make you uncomfortable. She specifically chose something that she enjoys without considering that the protest against her could be framed in a way to make her quite uncomfortable.

Just because you can't see the political point doesn't mean there isn't one. And all of that is largely irrelevant. We have the first amendment for very specific reasons, and laws that prevent sexual harassment in the workplace have no applicability in the public forum.

What is the political statement he's making?

8 minutes ago, Random Guy said:

What is the political statement he's making?

That using protestors to find politicians in public and "make them uncomfortable" is a double edged sword. 

This is obvious unless you only follow one side of the political discourse.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Lord Ratner said:

That using protestors to find politicians in public and "make them uncomfortable" is a double edged sword. 

No need to be so sensitive, or try to draw people into political circles that may not be relevant. If I ask it isn't obvious to me. 

What are the policies you don't like (that AOC supports) and which policies do you want instead? (1)

and,

Do you consider US democrats 'protesting' at times to be equivalent to 'Alex' shouting "U mah fav big booty latina!". It's tit-for-tat? (2)

• Downvote 2

“Make them uncomfortable” is a ridiculous perversion of the point of civil disobedience by some Instagram level wanna be revolutionary.

It’s meant to mean force a society to be introspective in whether they really want to live “this way” because suddenly your employees stop showing up to work after they’ve been arrested doing things like sitting in a bus seat. Suddenly business owners and civic leaders with a voice from their position have skin in the game. Now you effect change.

It is not beating in the doors and windows of a law maker or judge’s home or chasing them out of stores like we live in some god damned banana republic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/22/2022 at 2:00 AM, Random Guy said:

What would be a good example of 'stating my ideological priors and foundational beliefs', so that I can best get you what you're looking for?

You're an advocate for MMT. There.

That's a basis for an entire system of political and economic organization which is antithetical to America's. It's "free lunch" theory. You project a lot of knowledge about it and do seek to provide others "education" without being able to sufficiently explain it or elucidate your position yourself, without recourse to some other external youtube video of dubious origin/sourcing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Lawman said:

“Make them uncomfortable” is a ridiculous perversion of the point of civil disobedience by some Instagram level wanna be revolutionary.

It’s meant to mean force a society to be introspective in whether they really want to live “this way” because suddenly your employees stop showing up to work after they’ve been arrested doing things like sitting in a bus seat. Suddenly business owners and civic leaders with a voice from their position have skin in the game. Now you effect change.

It is not beating in the doors and windows of a law maker or judge’s home or chasing them out of stores like we live in some god damned banana republic.

Someone should let Maxine Waters and AOC know. Since apparently they think threatening Supreme Court Justices or shouting at GOP staffers having dinner is the path to change. 

• Like 1

Someone should let Maxine Waters and AOC know. Since apparently they think threatening Supreme Court Justices or shouting at GOP staffers having dinner is the path to change. 

While simultaneously clutching their pearls as Kinzinger reads letters from loons and claiming the Republican Party is full of extremist terrorists and crap…

These idiots don’t get it both ways. You can’t advocate for violence and threats and then be upset when it happens to your side. They and every other idiot saying “enough talk” or “you can’t reason with the other side” own this crap.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ViperMan said:

You're an advocate for MMT. There.

That's a basis for an entire system of political and economic organization which is antithetical to America's. It's "free lunch" theory. You project a lot of knowledge about it and do seek to provide others "education" without being able to sufficiently explain it or elucidate your position yourself, without recourse to some other external youtube video of dubious origin/sourcing.

Which part is 'MMT'?

Edit: @ViperMan consider for a moment an analogy: tracing a drop of fuel through an aircraft. There is no ideological wizardry in understanding how the machine works, so long as our description of that machine matches reality, would you agree or disagree with that statement?

Edited by Random Guy

23 minutes ago, Random Guy said:

Which part is 'MMT'?

See your own thread. No need to be cagey.

You have clearly advocated for the magical ability to place something onto a balance sheet, conjuring it out of thin air. That is MMT. People who advocate for that framework forget that money is ultimately worthless - it depends on a real economy to function. The actual effect of printing money distorts and damages the real economy. Here, this is simple, clear, and understandable. "Money is a database for resource allocation."

Edit to answer: Yes. I agree.

Further edit: I'll engage on this topic over at Money and Finance - don't need to digress on this thread.

Edited by ViperMan
Answering edit without a new post

7 hours ago, Lawman said:

💯💯

People need to stop harassing other people, including public officials, and going home thinking they’re Rosa Fucking Parks or MLK Jr. 🙄

I don’t support it when progressive do it nor when right-wing people do it either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

People need to stop harassing other people, including public officials, and going home thinking they’re Rosa ing Parks or MLK Jr.
I don’t support it when progressive do it nor when right-wing people do it either.

Yes but unfortunately the baby of what we have allowed for a while it’s somehow in the last 20 years or so (really starting with WTO) become the acceptable and even fashionable form of protest. It used to just be called riots… then somewhere that word became too racially charged for polite company so we started labeling what was a riot in any other means with a word that should have been held more sacred.

16 hours ago, Random Guy said:

No need to be so sensitive, or try to draw people into political circles that may not be relevant. If I ask it isn't obvious to me. 

What are the policies you don't like (that AOC supports) and which policies do you want instead? (1)

and,

Do you consider US democrats 'protesting' at times to be equivalent to 'Alex' shouting "U mah fav big booty latina!". It's tit-for-tat? (2)

With regards to AOC, anything that comes out of her pipe hole? But if you want specifics:

-Green New Deal, running Amazon out of NYC costing her constituents 25k jobs, comparing combating climate change to fighting the nazis, not understanding how unemployment works (thinking unemployment is so low due to people working two jobs), accusing Ted Cruz of trying to murder her for the Jan 6 spectacle which didn’t even occur in her building, claiming Billionaires shouldn’t exist/her radical tax ideology, comparing southern border detention centers to nazi concentration camps (those “cages” still exist but Democrats are in power now so, nothing to see here), wants to eliminate Border Patrol, supports open borders, supports defunding the police, anti second amendment, claims it is okay to spread misinformation as long as she is “morally right”.  Want us to go on?

The fact she got re-elected (over a Jamaican Republican businesswoman as her republican contender) tells me everything I need to know about the people in Queens and why it’s the armpit of America.  She sucks, and so does the rest of the “squad”. Zero sympathy for her.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, dream big said:

-----Crazy shit AOC has said

The fact she got re-elected (over a Jamaican Republican businesswoman as her republican contender) tells me everything I need to know about the people in Queens and why it’s the armpit of America.  She sucks, and so does the rest of the “squad”.

She's like a left wing female version of Trump.  Just spews nonsense.  I suspect her actual supporters believe the crap she says at about the same rate as Trump supporters.

So the left wing equivalent of that hand-full of retired guys we all know on facebook.

It's mostly a nihilistic big old middle finger to the other tribe.

1 hour ago, busdriver said:

She's like a left wing female version of Trump.  

You’re smarter than this.

Has she built multi-million dollar businesses?  Did she expose actual corruption within our government?  Has the media aligned against her to blow every comment out of proportion and take each glib remark out of context?  Has anyone won a Pulitzer for spreading lies about her?

AOC is a radical revolutionary with niche appeal intent on tearing down this country.  Say what you will about Trump and his off-putting mannerisms, but the man has statistically significant voter appeal and leads a political movement based on prioritizing American security, energy independence, and economic growth, all while facing historically unprecedented resistance from a media-government inner circle.  I see zero equivalence between him and AOC other than a bent towards showmanship.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

You’re smarter than this.................  I see zero equivalence between him and AOC other than a bent towards showmanship.

That bent towards bloviating showmanship is exactly what I was talking about.  Their presence on the political stage, not what they have or haven't accomplished in their lives.

He vomited out stupid shit constantly.  The most comical was the sharpie modification of the hurricane thing, at least that was my favorite.  90% of of the stupid bullshit, people on the right just ignored.  "Trump's just bullshitting" sort of response.  At least that's my response.  

I have to think there is a similar thing going on, on the left.  She opens her mouth and I get pissed off.  But that's the same response on the left when Trump opens his mouth.

• Like 1