The Congressman is back yo

congressman

8 minutes ago, herkbier said:

The military preaches it doesn’t want a bunch of conformists, that’s why it has got a hard on for innovation and diversity.

While at the same time, the military is bullying it's members to take an experimental vaccine with unknown efficacy "because I said so".  If the military were truly ok with non-conformity, I wouldn't hear about first sergeants yelling at troops to stop asking questions and get the shot.  

At heart, the military wants people to innovate, but only in a small box.  In the same right, congress and the president want a military that is agile and creative, but not one that might buck their authority...even if it should when congress and the president are acting unconstitutionally. 

Having a soldier, who is also his/her own authority as a congressman can clearly get sticky when the soldier sees things he/she wants to change based on personal opinion, which then translates into policy decisions as the congressman.  A STRONG moral compass is required.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, herkbier said:

Are you AD, Guard or Reserve? Just curious which perspective you’re coming from. 

I disagree, but this isn’t the most outlandish thing I’ve heard. I worked with an well educated Army Major in my last AD job who argued that Officers shouldn’t vote in Presidential elections.. 

i don’t get this whole “shut up and take orders from your masters thing, both in this thread and the COVID one. The military preaches it doesn’t want a bunch of conformists, that’s why it has got a hard on for innovation and diversity. Some of you would be throwing the book at Billy Mitchell given the chance..

Guard, now. After a long time on AD.

Yeah, I've also heard the "I don't vote" thing from officers based on that same line of reasoning. Don't agree with that one. Just think it's awkward for a member of congress to be taking orders from someone in the military. Gets a little weird with "who's in charge of this thing" (for me).

Edited by ViperMan

• 3 months later...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/02/03/rnc-cheney-trump/

The Republican National Committee voted overwhelmingly to censure Reps Kinzinger and Cheney.

Despite his vociferous words that he speaks "truth to power," he doesn't get to run roughshod over his political party and the institutions of the House.

Speaker Pelosi set up the Jan 6 committee.  She asked the Republicans to name the members who would be joining said committee.

The Minority Leader, McCarthy, named the members he wanted on the committee.

Pelosi rejected them.  That is not her call on who the opposition puts on bipartisan committees.  The Republicans then said no Republicans would be on the committee in that case.

So she specifically invited Kinzinger and Cheney to be on the committee, despite the Republican leadership and party A) naming the desired members to said committee and B) boycotting the committee when named members were refused a seat.

Hate Trump all you want, but don't expect kudos from your party (and funding) when you give them a middle finger.

Kinzinger got gerrymandered out his seat.  I still expect a talking skull gig for him - any time you need a "Republican" to say how bad they are, he's on the speed dial.

Cheney is likely to lose her primary and this censure clears the way for the RNC to put funds towards her primary challengers.  She'll resume being a Beltway Bandit as she's been her entire adult life.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, brickhistory said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/02/03/rnc-cheney-trump/

The Republican National Committee voted overwhelmingly to censure Reps Kinzinger and Cheney.

Despite his vociferous words that he speaks "truth to power," he doesn't get to run roughshod over his political party and the institutions of the House.

Speaker Pelosi set up the Jan 6 committee.  She asked the Republicans to name the members who would be joining said committee.

The Minority Leader, McCarthy, named the members he wanted on the committee.

Pelosi rejected them.  That is not her call on who the opposition puts on bipartisan committees.  The Republicans then said no Republicans would be on the committee in that case.

So she specifically invited Kinzinger and Cheney to be on the committee, despite the Republican leadership and party A) naming the desired members to said committee and B) boycotting the committee when named members were refused a seat.

Hate Trump all you want, but don't expect kudos from your party (and funding) when you give them a middle finger.

Kinzinger got gerrymandered out his seat.  I still expect a talking skull gig for him - any time you need a "Republican" to say how bad they are, he's on the speed dial.

Cheney is likely to lose her primary and this censure clears the way for the RNC to put funds towards her primary challengers.  She'll resume being a Beltway Bandit as she's been her entire adult life.

Preach

giuliani.gif

• 3 weeks later...

DA9A11CE-4467-4A83-8DFF-B779AAD682A7.png.3d6dea28e5ff6956ee55c34d71e8e371.png

At this point (soon to be out of office)  “No Fly Zone” Kinzinger only represents pilots who know something about everything and actually nothing.  Kind of embarrassed by all the jock holding from past comments in this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

rep kinzinger is a total JOKE

Using capital letters really lends credibility to your arguments. You're a huge Paul Harvey fan too, aren't you? Is your Facebook page filled with a bunch of stupid shít that ends with "I bet I can't get 5 followers to share this!" while containing exactly zero percent correct information? How many people out there claim you as their senile uncle who sends them email forwards about Q-Anon?  😂 

54 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

looking forward to him being defeated

By whom? Seriously, I'm curious who you think he's running against. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, Waingro said:

Using capital letters really lends credibility to your arguments. You're a huge Paul Harvey fan too, aren't you? Is your Facebook page filled with a bunch of stupid shít that ends with "I bet I can't get 5 followers to share this!" while containing exactly zero percent correct information? How many people out there claim you as their senile uncle who sends them email forwards about Q-Anon?  😂 

By whom? Seriously, I'm curious who you think he's running against. 

Calm down Adam. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

Kinzinger has got to be sweating bullets since CNN was sold and the new owners have said they are moving away from opinion and back to news.

1.  Proof will be CNN's actions.

2. With 50% of his cable network shows not likely to be wanting a token "republicans are bad talking skull, his post-Congress options narrow.

3.  Blankets.

I’m confused, why is being a Paul Harvey fan a bad thing? Is that a new “White Nationalist” dogwhistle…
It’s interesting watching the path Adam has traveled. His anti-Trump stance earned him a redistricted seat from the D’s, but I’m sure he’ll be the resident MSNBC conservative tallking head. Hopefully he’s current and qualified to go participate in his no-fly zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

10 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

Kinzinger has got to be sweating bullets since CNN was sold and the new owners have said they are moving away from opinion and back to news.

MSNBC is hiring and they have no plans of changing their communist manifesto pronunciations.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jrizzell said:

I’m confused, why is being a Paul Harvey fan a bad thing? Is that a new “White Nationalist” dogwhistle…
It’s interesting watching the path Adam has traveled. His anti-Trump stance earned him a redistricted seat from the D’s, but I’m sure he’ll be the resident MSNBC conservative tallking head. Hopefully he’s current and qualified to go participate in his no-fly zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Now you know the rest of the story…I’m Danger41. Good day!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jrizzell said:

His anti-Trump stance earned him a redistricted seat from the D’s

To be clear, Kinzinger is not running for reelection to Congress.  IL lost a house seat, and when they did the redistricting, he was the odd man out.

As tends to happen when you try to play both sides.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't fault Kinzinger for all his antics - if they were truly based upon his political convictions and/or the convictions of his constituents.  But it seems clear that at least a portion of his actions are driven by pure political gamesmanship.  A game which he appears to be terrible at.

There was talk of him running for Governor of IL, or a Senator once his district got carved-up from underneath him.  Both those possibilities were floated for awhile, and then disappeared.  Ostensibly so Kinzinger could focus on his "Country First" PAC, but I have to assume the reality is the IL Republican party shut the door on Kinzinger for any statewide offices.

Maybe he'll get some traction as a talking head for CNN or elsewhere.  I assume a position as a lobbyist is a possibility, as seems the norm for other ex-congress persons.

Ultimately though, I get the impression Kinzinger thought he had an opportunity to play his hand and rocket to the top of the political heap.  Instead, he proved to be awful card player, and got spit out the other side with nothing to show for it.

In retrospect, not surprising for a dude who comes on a message board and immediately doxxes himself as a congressman (hard to be more self-centered than making your username "congressman.")

• Upvote 3

I will say this about Adam. I have personal knowledge that he was extraordinarily instrumental to the evacuation of Americans and Afghan allies back in August and September. He has my respect for that. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 9:08 PM, WAG said:

DA9A11CE-4467-4A83-8DFF-B779AAD682A7.png.3d6dea28e5ff6956ee55c34d71e8e371.png

At this point (soon to be out of office)  “No Fly Zone” Kinzinger only represents pilots who know something about everything and actually nothing.  Kind of embarrassed by all the jock holding from past comments in this thread. 

i'm going to write in Sam Hyde and Nick Mullen

• 1 month later...

How about instead of AUMF’s for Ukraine and sending them $33 billion more in aid, we knock that down to a piddly $23 billion and put that other 10 towards getting barracks and common spaces that aren’t infested with black mold? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

How about instead of AUMF’s for Ukraine and sending them $33 billion more in aid, we knock that down to a piddly $23 billion and put that other 10 towards getting barracks and common spaces that aren’t infested with black mold? 

Where’s the political benefit in that?

This guy...sigh...

Just run along to K Street, Adam.  Since CNN+ folded after less than a month and Psaki nailed (no sts) the MSNBC gig, the odds of you being the pet "Republican who bashes the GOP" TV gig is probably not gonna happen now.  Liz Cheney is more photogenic and a better demographic than a crying white guy anyway.

Just go away.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Here’s my issue with Kinzinger:

I don’t have a problem if you’re anti-Trump, even if you’re a Republican.  I also don’t have a problem if you believe that 6 Jan was an “insurrection to overturn the election” (lamest insurrection ever if it actually was one lol, so I do question your philosophical bias in that case).  My issue is that when Pelosi/Dem leaders set up the “bipartisan” 6 Jan committee but then wouldn’t allow the Republican leadership to choose their members, then it was obvious that this was anything but “bipartisan” and all it was ever going to be is just be a witch-hunt against Trump/his supporters in the House, etc.  And when Adam then joined their committee, only because the Dems knew he was against Trump, then he joined the witch-hunt/political theater.  If he would have then left the Republican Party to be an independent I would have said he followed his conscience, but he didn’t.

The question now is this:  Does he know he’s being used by Pelosi?  If so, then what does he get out of it?  Surely Adam can’t actually believe that the committee is anything but political theater?  

• Like 3