The Congressman is back yo

congressman

38 minutes ago, congressman said:

No Fear

Thanks fellas.  Fear is really all over politics and its corrosive.  Im at total peace.  Put the above video out yesterday on Fear to begin that convo on what is driving our politics and what is the next generation learning, besides be crazy=get famous.

It’s refreshing seeing you talk over the last month and you’re actually saying what I’m thinking.

Edited by MCO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, congressman said:

No Fear

Thanks fellas.  Fear is really all over politics and its corrosive.  Im at total peace.  Put the above video out yesterday on Fear to begin that convo on what is driving our politics and what is the next generation learning, besides be crazy=get famous.

Keep it up man. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, congressman said:

No Fear

We may not have complete overlap in our views, but God do I appreciate having a rational adult in congress. 

Keep up the good work! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, congressman said:

No Fear

Dude, hope you and the Republican Party come through this tumultuous time better and stronger. FWIW, I think the Democrats are facing their own rift between their more traditional elements and the extremist end. Hopefully we can push past all the drama and get back to the good governance the American people expect and deserve. 

No Fear

My liberal cousin even digs your act. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Don't know him personally or professionally as I'm not in his district, hope he's an ok guy in person and will accept those testimonials about the many things he's done for service folk.  Appreciate that.

However, his constituents, the ones he's elected to represent seem to disagree with his stance rather strongly to include at least one county, I believe two but stand to be corrected, GOP committee censuring him for his vote to impeach Trump.  The one county I am aware of is LaSalle County which is part of his district.  Other county so censuring Iroquois which is also within this district.

His choice to roll the dice to see if they either forget by next election or whether his district gets dissolved by the Illinois legislature as is likely if the state loses a congressional seat due to redistricting.

I do take issue with his vote to strip the bat-sh1t crazy Georgia congresswoman of all her committee assignments.  He helped deny her constituents their effective representation that they knowingly elected her to.  

As always in politics, IMO, it's a case of follow the money.

His just started anti-Trump PAC combined with his many appearances on liberal media looks like a way to set up a comfy post-congressional lifestyle, either via K Street and/or TV gigs.  Don't blame him a bit but it just strikes me as the B-model Scarborough.

edited to add the specific counties which is in the district being discussed.

Edited by brickhistory
clarification
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

2 hours ago, brickhistory said:

Don't know him personally or professionally as I'm not in his district, hope he's an ok guy in person and will accept those testimonials about the many things he's done for service folk.  Appreciate that.

However, his constituents, the ones he's elected to represent seem to disagree with his stance rather strongly to include at least one county, I believe two but stand to be corrected, GOP committee censuring him for his vote to impeach Trump.  

His choice to roll the dice to see if they either forget by next election or whether his district gets dissolved by the Illinois legislature as is likely if the state loses a congressional seat due to redistricting.

I do take issue with his vote to strip the bat-sh1t crazy Georgia congresswoman of all her committee assignments.  He helped deny her constituents their effective representation that they knowingly elected her to.  

As always in politics, IMO, it's a case of follow the money.

His just started anti-Trump PAC combined with his many appearances on liberal media looks like a way to set up a comfy post-congressional lifestyle, either via K Street and/or TV gigs.  Don't blame him a bit but it just strikes me as the B-model Scarborough.

An Illinois county that he doesn't even represent voted to censure him. Which shows how seriously we should take county party organizations. Maybe the 4H club two counties over will censure him next!

It's refreshing to see a true conservative refuse to go down with the ship. He also won his district by a substantially higher margin that did Trump, so his constituency is clearly well represented. 

I hope he's the future of the party. If not, God help us all. 

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1

On 3/2/2021 at 4:34 PM, brickhistory said:

....whether his district gets dissolved by the Illinois legislature as is likely if the state loses a congressional seat due to redistricting.

While I certainly don't agree with everything Kinzinger does, everything I've read points to Illinois' inevitable loss of a congressional seat happening somewhere in Southern IL (nowhere near Kinzinger's district in Northern IL).  Have you seen different?

Freely admit to not being in the loop on Illinois politics, so no, I have not seen different.

However, if losing a seat due to declining population (why is that, but that's another thread), and the legislature is overwhelmingly Democrat, then the state GOP party might be more inclined to horsetrade about how to redraw the districts and who the most likely representative losing his/her seat will be.

Right now, the congressman under discussion has raised a pretty high profile within the state.  A lot may want to get rid of him for those actions.  At least two counties with a not insignificant portion of his voting totals voted overwhelmingly of their disapproval of his actions.  A lot may not including the Democrats if he can be used to further damage the Republicans.

I have no way of knowing, but wouldn't be surprised. 

• Upvote 1

The gentleman voted for "Backgrounds Check Act."

I'm agin it.

I recommend discussions about the act go in the "Firearms Thread" in the Bar.

This seemed like the place for this Republican's support, one of eight, Democrat-passed Bill in the House.

Edited by brickhistory

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/illinois-playbook/2021/03/15/remap-not-trump-may-oust-kinzinger-executive-orders-challenged-why-foxx-felt-triggered-492108

Rep. Adam Kinzinger’s congressional seat could be eliminated when Illinois conducts its remap, according to the Cook Report’s David Wasserman.

Taking out the current 16th Congressional District makes “geographic sense,” Wasserman said in his subscription-only report. He also tweeted how the new map might look amid the state's expected one-seat loss.

Democrats who control the remap because they also control the state House, Senate and governor’s mansion, are likely to redraw congressional lines to cushion neighboring Reps. Lauren Underwood and Cheri Bustos, who had tight races in their GOP-heavy districts last year.

"It's too bad, because [Kinzinger is] the Republican we'd keep,” a Democratic insider told Wasserman. “But we can't control their primaries."

As I noted, it just appears that the incumbent knows the gig is up and is positioning himself for other venues.

No ill-intention towards him.  Just seen this play before.

• Upvote 1

So we are to believe all women unconditionally, right? (sarcasm)

Personally, after reading the breathless tabloid-like venue linked, I'm skeptical to the point of disbelief that this individual would act that way or be dumb enough to put anything out there that could be recorded for later use against him no matter how good looking the lady might be.

Looks like a future opponent throwing one of the two main charges available, the other being racism, that will guarantee coverage.  Easy to deny if the incumbent never dated her.  If he did, then there's more question to be answered.

But I do note from the politico report linked above, that he wanted to be SECAF under Trump.  That's interesting.

Edited by brickhistory
  • Like 1

No but, everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt but the electronically documented exchanges are not good. 

Things can be faked but there comes a preponderance of shit when the voters just move on, too much bullshit.

He's not a bad guy and I really hope this is not something that taints an otherwise good tenure where he represented a part of the Republican party I don't ascribe too but respect his honest defense of his wing's beliefs and policy positions.  

• Upvote 1

Just saw some of the screen captures of the text conversations. 

Read them for yourselves - Sounds like she was a typical attractive, "thirsty" chick and Kinzinger handled himself properly. I wonder if The Left would crucify me for asking my wife to send racier photos but then applaud her for initiating the request by sending an "empowering" photo.

https://www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=Olga+Kambod&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjj9ZyWlrrvAhV0RTABHdjBAHAQ7Al6BAgKEBA&biw=1366&bih=641#imgrc=w90dBKU-el0AuM

15 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

Just saw some of the screen captures of the text conversations. 

Read them for yourselves - Sounds like she was a typical attractive, "thirsty" chick and Kinzinger handled himself properly. I wonder if The Left would crucify me for asking my wife to send racier photos but then applaud her for initiating the request by sending an "empowering" photo.

https://www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=Olga+Kambod&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjj9ZyWlrrvAhV0RTABHdjBAHAQ7Al6BAgKEBA&biw=1366&bih=641#imgrc=w90dBKU-el0AuM

Yep.  She insulted him on Instagram and he blocked her...and now the opponent is trying to spin it as him becoming "paranoid" and "hostile."

Unless there's a better smoking gun than these screen shots, sure seems like he was polite, respectful, and unyielding in trying to extract this woman from his life.

Bigger question...why can a Russian national be a congressional intern? Wasn't Russia a big bad conspiracy election meddling douche in 2018? So a current Russian citizen (granted...a hot one) can apply to have immediate access to a sitting Federal official?

Does that not SCREAM honey pot to anyone else?

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, uhhello said:

Just means the red states are turning purple in my holiday inn express education.

We need an ad campaign reminding people they moved here from there because they didn't like living there anymore so do not vote here to make it like there. I did hear of Texas voting stats that said the refugees from blue stats voted more consistently conservative than longer term residents.... Which is nice. 

• Upvote 1