B-52 LOSES engine over North Dakota

flynhigh

2 hours ago, bb17 said:

Oh boy, the dreaded 7-engine landing. 

I've seen that comment a lot this week, but all of us here should understand the significance and issues of an engine departing an airframe. Glad the guys were able to get the jet down safely. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, * said:

I've seen that comment a lot this week, but all of us here should understand the significance and issues of an engine departing an airframe. Glad the guys were able to get the jet down safely. 

I bet it was the airframe in your profile pic. 

2 hours ago, * said:

Especially given the age of the B-52 and the relatively small fleet of strategic bombers in the U.S inventory (Including the B-1s and B-2s) Obviously too early to say but a whole lot of different potential underlying issues that can be very expensive to fix

Hey, during a mass squadron attack on a large target array, I had the largest miss at 330 meters.  Wish that had been un-scoreable. (In my defense, I was #24 across the target array and there was considerable smoke from BDU's, smoky SAMs, and flares along with some low cloud cover.  I did a level delivery and couldn't see squat so I went TLAR relative to where I thought my specific target should have been but was just a tad short.)  On the up side, I did return home with the same number of engines I started with but was justifiably chastised in the mass debrief.

• Upvote 2

On 1/8/2017 at 11:29 AM, TreeA10 said:

Hey, during a mass squadron attack on a large target array, I had the largest miss at 330 meters.  Wish that had been un-scoreable. (In my defense, I was #24 across the target array and there was considerable smoke from BDU's, smoky SAMs, and flares along with some low cloud cover.  I did a level delivery and couldn't see squat so I went TLAR relative to where I thought my specific target should have been but was just a tad short.)  On the up side, I did return home with the same number of engines I started with but was justifiably chastised in the mass debrief.

Quibbling...

• Upvote 2

Doesn't appear to have contacted the flap, which is good.

I'd hate to be a Minot BUFF maintainer with my name on anything engine-related in the forms...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Herk Driver said:

Pictures with info that shows deliberations/findings, etc are privileged.

Pictures with no such information/markings are not privileged.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

This is why I was asking, as long as nothing in the pic falls under the former, I'm not sure what point "*" is trying to make.

13 hours ago, Fuzz said:

This is why I was asking, as long as nothing in the pic falls under the former, I'm not sure what point "*" is trying to make.

Fuzz, you are correct. Maybe I was a little sensitive on the matter.