Jump to content

The Next President is...


disgruntledemployee

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, GrndPndr said:

Huh, Pres says high gas prices are just the things are going to be from now on.  I think his signing person says it all in this pic...

image.thumb.png.af0a08ce4342b369b39f4297ad17d7f5.png

https://nypost.com/2022/05/23/biden-praises-gas-prices-as-part-of-incredible-transition/

Anyone with half a brain should realize that the leftist establishment pulling Brandon’s puppet strings loves our gas situation.  1- Furthers their argument of acceleration of programs like the Green New Deal, 2- Improves their justification for large scale social programs just in time for the midterms.  What is the saying? “Never let a good crisis go to waste”.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 9:28 PM, nsplayr said:

I like Biden enough and I think the economy in particular is doing much better than people's perceptions of it; the sentiment is unmorred from the reality. Powell at the Fed + very robust emergency/recovery spending from Congress since spring 2020 have given the US a giant leg up economically coming out of the pandemic compared to peer democracies in Europe and elsewhere. Essentially full employment at this stage is an incredible achievement and 2021 has the strongest GDP growth since 1984.

Just curious if you think things are still going well?

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another well informed take that boils down an entirely flawed economic policy among all us government since 2001 into simplistic red vs blue. It’s everyone’s fault here.

How much of gas prices are due to domestic economic policies dictated by the executive branch? Is the US President causing gas to be $6-9 across Europe as well? Oh wait this is global? That’s not good for my narrative or funny gas pump stickers. Or is there a potential that a war in Ukraine + restarting a global economy after a massive overreaction due to COVID + a literal cartel (OPEC) have a lot more to do with energy prices? Also, reminder that there are a surplus of drilling permits (about 10 years worth) available by the federal gov that are unused. What’s the policy you think that would solve this?

https://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/spending/articles/a-look-at-gas-prices-around-the-world

Second, how much of inflation is due to quantitative easing? Reminder that the Trump admin effectively printed and threw over $3T into the economy in 2020 to prop up the stock market. 2 of the 3 stimuluses came from GOP leadership, but giving that free socialism money to everyone probably had no effect on inflation. At least no effect we should talk about.

FA5EF863-6991-4D29-B6C3-025075519A50.thumb.jpeg.2514c38990b3c4cd396e5898a5fbabbf.jpeg

The bottom line is that neoliberal economic policy, which both parties fully support, is driving us off a cliff. Unlimited economic growth in a limited society (actually approaching contracting) isn’t possible. It’s time to raise the interest rates to 6-9% and deal with our poor decisions we have made thinking we could avoid natural economic cycles. The real marker in failure economically was October 2019 when the government saw that quantitative tightening (the right call) made the stock market go down and abandoned all logic to maintain the illusion of a green DJIA. Then COVID happened and the whole of US government lost their collective minds.

Edited by Negatory
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Negatory said:

Another well informed take that boils down an entirely flawed economic policy among all us government since 2001 into simplistic red vs blue. It’s everyone’s fault here.

How much of gas prices are due to domestic economic policies dictated by the executive branch? Is the US President causing gas to be $6-9 across Europe as well? Oh wait this is global? That’s not good for my narrative or funny gas pump stickers. Or is there a potential that a war in Ukraine + restarting a global economy after a massive overreaction due to COVID + a literal cartel (OPEC) have a lot more to do with energy prices? Also, reminder that there are a surplus of drilling permits (about 10 years worth) available by the federal gov that are unused. What’s the policy you think that would solve this?

https://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/spending/articles/a-look-at-gas-prices-around-the-world

Second, how much of inflation is due to quantitative easing? Reminder that the Trump admin effectively printed and threw over $3T into the economy in 2020 to prop up the stock market. 2 of the 3 stimuluses came from GOP leadership, but giving that free socialism money to everyone probably had no effect on inflation. At least no effect we should talk about.

FA5EF863-6991-4D29-B6C3-025075519A50.thumb.jpeg.2514c38990b3c4cd396e5898a5fbabbf.jpeg

The bottom line is that neoliberal economic policy, which both parties fully support, is driving us off a cliff. Unlimited economic growth in a limited society (actually approaching contracting) isn’t possible. It’s time to raise the interest rates to 6-9% and deal with our poor decisions we have made thinking we could avoid natural economic cycles. The real marker in failure economically was October 2019 when the government saw that quantitative tightening (the right call) made the stock market go down and abandoned all logic to maintain the illusion of a green DJIA. Then COVID happened and the whole of US government lost their collective minds.

You’re trying really hard to ignore the obvious: Trump oversaw a great economy & Biden wrecked it.  Regardless of personal feelings on either individual or administration, my simple statement is just clear as day to anyone living here the past 24 months.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Negatory does bring up valid CFs, and perhaps his annoyance stems from people ignoring those CFs in conversation (intentionally or not). But the RC absolutely is Biden and his policies. He has fucked up royally, but it’s disingenuous to say nothing else has contributed to our economic problems and helping increase the effects of Biden’s fuck ups. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Negatory said:

Another well informed take that boils down an entirely flawed economic policy among all us government since 2001 into simplistic red vs blue. It’s everyone’s fault here.

How much of gas prices are due to domestic economic policies dictated by the executive branch? Is the US President causing gas to be $6-9 across Europe as well? Oh wait this is global? That’s not good for my narrative or funny gas pump stickers. Or is there a potential that a war in Ukraine + restarting a global economy after a massive overreaction due to COVID + a literal cartel (OPEC) have a lot more to do with energy prices? Also, reminder that there are a surplus of drilling permits (about 10 years worth) available by the federal gov that are unused. What’s the policy you think that would solve this?

https://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/spending/articles/a-look-at-gas-prices-around-the-world

Second, how much of inflation is due to quantitative easing? Reminder that the Trump admin effectively printed and threw over $3T into the economy in 2020 to prop up the stock market. 2 of the 3 stimuluses came from GOP leadership, but giving that free socialism money to everyone probably had no effect on inflation. At least no effect we should talk about.

FA5EF863-6991-4D29-B6C3-025075519A50.thumb.jpeg.2514c38990b3c4cd396e5898a5fbabbf.jpeg

The bottom line is that neoliberal economic policy, which both parties fully support, is driving us off a cliff. Unlimited economic growth in a limited society (actually approaching contracting) isn’t possible. It’s time to raise the interest rates to 6-9% and deal with our poor decisions we have made thinking we could avoid natural economic cycles. The real marker in failure economically was October 2019 when the government saw that quantitative tightening (the right call) made the stock market go down and abandoned all logic to maintain the illusion of a green DJIA. Then COVID happened and the whole of US government lost their collective minds.

Gas prices are up in Europe but not nearly as bad compared to US. $6-9/gallon has always been normal in Europe. I just filled my tank in Croatia last night at $7/gallon. That's pretty good in Europe actually since normally you are paying per liter what the US pays per a gallon. 

COLA across Europe is going down despite cost of living going up. The reason is, from the DoD's mouth, is because the standard of living is dropping in the US compared to Europe. In other words, because Captains and SSgt's have a reduced standard of living in the US compared to last year, COLA drops because it's only meant to offset the normally decreased standard of living in other countries. 

I think crediting the Biden admin for doing anything to help the economy in comparison to Europe would be short sighted. Countries like Germany had massive cash reserves going into the pandemic. They were able to afford shutting things down longer because they paid from those cash reserves and didn't print more money or take loans to support their local commerce while this all happened. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are of course multiple issues playing into the cost of gas prices, but the lack of effective leadership on the issue means that people are still going to keep looking back at Biden as prices keep going up. 
 

The 9,000 unused permits or whatever is a misleading talking point. Just because there is a permit to drill doesn’t mean that land has enough oil or gas to effectively be drilled. That claim is akin to saying to a prospector in 1849, “you have 2,000 acres of land in California, how are you not finding gold!?” 
 

The Department of Interior is already working to increase the royalties the government collects on federal land drilling. The permit process is exceptionally slow and makes it very difficult to get permits approved for drilling that may actually be cost effective.  Not to mention the generally hostile position towards fossil fuels from this admin, including cancelling pipelines, etc… All of this is going to impact the market, on top of the Ukraine-Russia problems. 
 

Can Biden wave a magic wand and bring gas prices down? No. But just like everything else that happens during this administration, there is a complete vacuum of leadership. 
 

This admin obviously wants to eventually move America away completely from fossil fuels. I don’t agree with that position at all, but if I were this admin, here is what effective leadership might look like. “American people: my goal is to continue to move this country towards the green and renewable future of energy. But it’s clear the American people are hurting right now. In response to this I am sitting down with US oil companies to find out what we can do to improve US oil production and supply. In addition, I am working to immediately suspend the DOI’s plan for increased royalties and directing them to streamline and trim the existing permit approval process. It’s my mission to make sure American people are able to fill their tanks today while we continue to work towards an alternative fuel future.”

Instead, we get told, “fuck you normal people, these prices are all part of the plan to make you switch to something else for your transportation needs. Boo hoo, you’re going broke right now, not my problem. Oh, and btw, quit your whining, I’m going to go beg to the Saudi’s for more oil.” It’s no wonder people slap “I did that” stickers on gas pumps. 
 

Has this admin genuinely faced some tough circumstances? Yes. But effective leadership is marked by how you handle those circumstances. You can’t just keep pointing blame at other things and people, take no action, and then expect the people your leading to not start to look to you for why things are so shitty. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 11:48 PM, nsplayr said:

Believe what you want on the other points, but this is not true.

  • DJIA close 3 Nov 2020 (election day): 27,480
  • DJIA close 20 Jan 2021 (inauguration day): 31,188
  • DJIA close 26 Jan 2022 (today): 34,168

 

  • S&P 500 close 3 Nov 2020: 3,369
  • S&P 500 close 20 Jan 2021: 3,851
  • S&P 500 close 26 Jan 2022: 4,349

Stocks have indeed taken a dip off all-time highs in the last 3 weeks but...🤷‍♂️

Well, we’re below when Trump was last president…

Is Biden to blame, partially.  Is Trump to blame, partially.  But here’s the problem—Biden is president and the Dems have full control over the federal legislation process.  So what is their plan?

Edited by HeloDude
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, M2 said:

It's more than just gas prices...

May be an image of text that says 'GROCERIES RESTAURANTS FUEL OIL ELECTRICITY RENT AIRFARE MAY PRICE HIKES YEAR OVER YEAR BIGGEST INC. SINCE 1979 LARGEST EVER LARGEST EVER LARGEST SINCE 2006 LARGEST SINCE 1987 LARGEST SINCE 1980 +1.9% +9.0% +107.0% +2.0% +5.2% +37.8% BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS /FoX INFLATION UP 8.6% YR-TO-YR IN MAY, MOST SINCE 1981 NEWS NEWS ALERT 5:02 CT'

Groceries seem like they are much higher.

 

As far as Fuel and Oil prices are concerned there are many factors.  I work in the industry and no matter what, everyone thinks the Prez is 100% responsible for Gas prices.  Well they are not.....Mostly.

Back in 14' Oil took a huge dump.  A lot of investment in exploration was put on hold.  It only started to recover right before Covid.  Then it took a massive dump.  

For US operators, Oil needs to be above $50/$60bbl to make $$$.  The higher the bigger drive to install new wells and increase production.

Keep in mind Oil is a global commodity and the more you have, the supply/demand isnt as tight and the price will drop.

During Covid, Russia and OPEC flooded the market with cheap oil.  Maybe this was to hurt the US?  Tough to tell.

Since the Covid recovery, demand is up but production went way down.  The DEMS are hurting this by pushing hte Green new Deal.  Oil companies are getting massive tax breaks to shutter refineries or convert to bio diesel.  About 10 refineries are offline since Covid.  It would cost billions to get them back running.  If you're exxon, p66 etc...are you going to spend billions to get a refinery back up and invest in new leases when Ford says 60% of the fleet will be EV in a few years?  No....they will sit on the cash they are swimming in.

Also, a lot of hte leases available dont have easy access to the crude and are expensive to extract from.  Something else to keep in mind.

So in summery:

Demand is close to pre covid, There are fewer refineries to make fuel, there is less production going on in the US, Russian Crude has been removed from the global market.

Im still waiting on the DOE's plan to have a grid that can handle all the EV's and other push to electric.

RIght now, TX cant handle a week of cold, the west cant handle heat.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well…Russian crude hasn’t really been removed from the global market. Articles recently detailing creative ways to get around sanctions, and with higher oil prices the Putin is probably bringing as much if not more than before. I don’t have source link, but I digress in my opinion the admin should be pushing for lower oil prices not only because of American pocketbooks, but because right now our adversary is likely raking in profits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ecugringo said:

RIght now, TX cant handle a week of cold, the west cant handle heat.

It's really stunning the amount of infrastructure that has been dismantled or otherwise hobbled in the pursuit of so-called "green" agendas.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2022 at 6:33 AM, Negatory said:

Is the US President causing gas to be $6-9 across Europe as well? Oh wait this is global? That’s not good for my narrative or funny gas pump stickers. Or is there a potential that a war in Ukraine + restarting a global economy after a massive overreaction due to COVID + a literal cartel (OPEC) have a lot more to do with energy prices?

Gas has always been more expensive in Europe. European nations are not, and have never been, energy independent - we have been. The US has all the energy we need within our own borders, and we have historically been a net exporter of energy. We purchase from others for good strategic and other economic reasons.

On 6/12/2022 at 6:33 AM, Negatory said:

Second, how much of inflation is due to quantitative easing? Reminder that the Trump admin effectively printed and threw over $3T into the economy in 2020 to prop up the stock market. 2 of the 3 stimuluses came from GOP leadership, but giving that free socialism money to everyone probably had no effect on inflation. At least no effect we should talk about.

ALL of the Trump stimulus was bi-partisan, and ALL of the shut down happened under Trump. COVID was under control when Biden took the reigns. Biden's stimulus was fully partisan and had zero support from the right - it was a democrat giveaway. Here is an economist credibly arguing that inflation is about double what it would be, save for Biden's extra stimulus:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-inflation-economy-what-you-need-to-know/id1570872415?i=1000558019343

On 6/12/2022 at 6:33 AM, Negatory said:

It’s time to raise the interest rates to 6-9% and deal with our poor decisions we have made thinking we could avoid natural economic cycles. The real marker in failure economically was October 2019 when the government saw that quantitative tightening (the right call) made the stock market go down and abandoned all logic to maintain the illusion of a green DJIA.

Agreed, but our current economic conundrum is not solely due to the COVID crisis. There were other mistakes dating all the way back in 2008 (i.e. not allowing a full crash to happen). Latent effects from that event have still not fully cleared the system, and someday they must, lest we continue hurtling down the economic black hole we're staring into. Banks had (and have) stopped foreclosing on properties that defaulted during the 2008 recession. What is the net effect of this??? Spoiler alert: inflation.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-bubble-era-home-mortgages-are-a-disaster-waiting-to-happen-2019-02-25?mod=article_inline

"In 2012, just 2% of all these delinquent borrowers had not paid for more than five years. Two years later that number had skyrocketed to 21%. Why?  Mortgage servicers around the country had discontinued foreclosing on millions of delinquent properties.  Homeowners got wind of this and realized they could probably stop making payments without any consequences whatsoever.  So they did."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-ghost-of-the-housing-bubble-still-haunts-the-home-mortgage-market-2020-01-15

"By mid-2010, mortgage servicers around the nation had a strategy of supporting housing markets by not placing expensive foreclosed properties on the active market.  They had also begun to take the next step of cutting back on foreclosing long-term delinquent properties."

"As I have reiterated many times, mortgage servicers have consistently maintained this strategy of not foreclosing on jumbo mortgages. What seems crystal clear is that the vast majority of long-term delinquent jumbo mortgages have not been foreclosed and are still outstanding.  Many jumbo borrowers have not paid for years. As a result, the jumbo-mortgage market now is a ticking time bomb."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ecugringo said:

Groceries seem like they are much higher.

 

As far as Fuel and Oil prices are concerned there are many factors.  I work in the industry and no matter what, everyone thinks the Prez is 100% responsible for Gas prices.  Well they are not.....Mostly.

Back in 14' Oil took a huge dump.  A lot of investment in exploration was put on hold.  It only started to recover right before Covid.  Then it took a massive dump.  

For US operators, Oil needs to be above $50/$60bbl to make $$$.  The higher the bigger drive to install new wells and increase production.

Keep in mind Oil is a global commodity and the more you have, the supply/demand isnt as tight and the price will drop.

During Covid, Russia and OPEC flooded the market with cheap oil.  Maybe this was to hurt the US?  Tough to tell.

Since the Covid recovery, demand is up but production went way down.  The DEMS are hurting this by pushing hte Green new Deal.  Oil companies are getting massive tax breaks to shutter refineries or convert to bio diesel.  About 10 refineries are offline since Covid.  It would cost billions to get them back running.  If you're exxon, p66 etc...are you going to spend billions to get a refinery back up and invest in new leases when Ford says 60% of the fleet will be EV in a few years?  No....they will sit on the cash they are swimming in.

Also, a lot of hte leases available dont have easy access to the crude and are expensive to extract from.  Something else to keep in mind.

So in summery:

Demand is close to pre covid, There are fewer refineries to make fuel, there is less production going on in the US, Russian Crude has been removed from the global market.

Im still waiting on the DOE's plan to have a grid that can handle all the EV's and other push to electric.

RIght now, TX cant handle a week of cold, the west cant handle heat.

 

 

Nice to see a well thought out criticism of current policies that doesn’t rely on over generalizations, memes, or an attempt to “own the libs”. As someone who voted for Biden (and would again given the same opponent), I agree with just about all of this. I’m fully onboard with green energy. There is no doubt that it is the future and the US has the potential to be the world leader in its development. It will create thousands of jobs and billions in wealth. We should be investing heavily in R&D and infrastructure development. But the timeline that’s being sold by the Democrats is cuckoo for coco puffs. California says it’s banning ICEs as of 2035. Not to be outdone, Washington state says it’ll do the same in 2030. These policy goals are almost as outlandish and counterproductive as “defund the police” and Democrats should know better. Problem is, the running argument on the right is equally extreme. We need responsible policymakers who land somewhere in between “climate change is a hoax, roll coal baby!” and “electric cars are here today, next up: banning cow farts”. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

As someone who voted for Biden (and would again given the same opponent)…

Just curious, if the 2024 election was held next week and the Dem nominee was Biden and the GOP nominee was DeSantis, assuming their platform was exactly based off of what you know of both of them today, who would you vote for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Prozac said:

Nice to see a well thought out criticism of current policies that doesn’t rely on over generalizations, memes, or an attempt to “own the libs”. As someone who voted for Biden (and would again given the same opponent), I agree with just about all of this. I’m fully onboard with green energy. There is no doubt that it is the future and the US has the potential to be the world leader in its development. It will create thousands of jobs and billions in wealth. We should be investing heavily in R&D and infrastructure development. But the timeline that’s being sold by the Democrats is cuckoo for coco puffs. California says it’s banning ICEs as of 2035. Not to be outdone, Washington state says it’ll do the same in 2030. These policy goals are almost as outlandish and counterproductive as “defund the police” and Democrats should know better. Problem is, the running argument on the right is equally extreme. We need responsible policymakers who land somewhere in between “climate change is a hoax, roll coal baby!” and “electric cars are here today, next up: banning cow farts”. 

There are a number of issues with Green energy.  I would not look at Europe as a beacon of light.  They subsidize their green energy but they are currently at the mercy of Putin with Gas.  IMO the Ukraine conflict has very much to do with Oil and Gas.  The Caspian area has a massive play where Exxon among others have invested billions.  The pipelines run through Ukraine and you cant really bypass Ukraine from the field to get to market.  If you can own Ukraine you keep the taxes and tarriffs to yourself.  If you recall the drama on the pipeline in the Bakken in North Dakota where the Indians were mad about it polluting the Missouri and their Rez, celebrities came out in the cold to protest.  Well the Indians wanted hefty fees to pass through the rez so the  oil company just bypassed it so they cried fowl to get it back.

You talk about thousands of green jobs being created, do you care for the tens of thousands that will be lost?  This industry pays well and provides opportunities to those that if they want to grind, they can make more than they dreamed.  The tax revenues alone to all local to feds are in hte hundreds of billions.  The only real green jobs i see are punks selling solar door to door so their company can get a tax rebate.  Just look at Houston.  one of hte fastest growing metros.  You think they can all just work in wind?

If you are a fan of Green energy you really need to understand how the grid will be affected if you make a fast switch.  Nukes have been phased out, coal is being phased out.  The flat out truth is we are consuming more energy than ever.  Play the global warming card and the Earth getting hotter, thats just more AC running.  

Wind is a real joke.  My company has an Advanced Engineering division.  We have done studies on wind turbines and the load they experience isnt sustainable.  They will fail long before create the energy they promised.  ALso they are made of toxic materials and cant be reused or destroyed.  So landfill it is.

Ive had solar on my home in hte past and it really doesnt make sense financially.  The ROI is typically not within reach considering when you are in range of payout, the panels wont be producing as new.  

Im not against Green Energy, I am just a realists.  Most Teslas are powered by coal or natural gas.  The US has oceans of Natural Gas.  If they want to expand the grid they can easily replace coal with Nukes and Natural Gas.  IMO solar and wind will never get us there.  It will need to be some tech of a fusion reactor if we go down the road with as many EVs as promised.

Lastly IMHO is that the Dems know this but they will make promises on the Green push that they will never see in their lives but are happy to buy the votes.  They laugh as the family struggling to get buy to pay $100 to fill up their car on the way to hte beach.  I lived in CO and Gov Polis and Hickenlooper both promised to move the state away from O&G.  However, they have no way to support the state if they did. They know this but still make it a priority.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ecugringo said:

There are a number of issues with Green energy.  I would not look at Europe as a beacon of light.  They subsidize their green energy but they are currently at the mercy of Putin with Gas.  IMO the Ukraine conflict has very much to do with Oil and Gas.  The Caspian area has a massive play where Exxon among others have invested billions.  The pipelines run through Ukraine and you cant really bypass Ukraine from the field to get to market.  If you can own Ukraine you keep the taxes and tarriffs to yourself.  If you recall the drama on the pipeline in the Bakken in North Dakota where the Indians were mad about it polluting the Missouri and their Rez, celebrities came out in the cold to protest.  Well the Indians wanted hefty fees to pass through the rez so the  oil company just bypassed it so they cried fowl to get it back.

You talk about thousands of green jobs being created, do you care for the tens of thousands that will be lost?  This industry pays well and provides opportunities to those that if they want to grind, they can make more than they dreamed.  The tax revenues alone to all local to feds are in hte hundreds of billions.  The only real green jobs i see are punks selling solar door to door so their company can get a tax rebate.  Just look at Houston.  one of hte fastest growing metros.  You think they can all just work in wind?

If you are a fan of Green energy you really need to understand how the grid will be affected if you make a fast switch.  Nukes have been phased out, coal is being phased out.  The flat out truth is we are consuming more energy than ever.  Play the global warming card and the Earth getting hotter, thats just more AC running.  

Wind is a real joke.  My company has an Advanced Engineering division.  We have done studies on wind turbines and the load they experience isnt sustainable.  They will fail long before create the energy they promised.  ALso they are made of toxic materials and cant be reused or destroyed.  So landfill it is.

Ive had solar on my home in hte past and it really doesnt make sense financially.  The ROI is typically not within reach considering when you are in range of payout, the panels wont be producing as new.  

Im not against Green Energy, I am just a realists.  Most Teslas are powered by coal or natural gas.  The US has oceans of Natural Gas.  If they want to expand the grid they can easily replace coal with Nukes and Natural Gas.  IMO solar and wind will never get us there.  It will need to be some tech of a fusion reactor if we go down the road with as many EVs as promised.

Lastly IMHO is that the Dems know this but they will make promises on the Green push that they will never see in their lives but are happy to buy the votes.  They laugh as the family struggling to get buy to pay $100 to fill up their car on the way to hte beach.  I lived in CO and Gov Polis and Hickenlooper both promised to move the state away from O&G.  However, they have no way to support the state if they did. They know this but still make it a priority.

I think you misunderstood my argument. Green is certainly the future, but we are talking a generation or more down the road. A “fast switch” is impossible and Dems are irresponsible when they sell it that way. We need to invest in current AND future infrastructure and come to terms with the fact that the changeover will be gradual. But it will happen. Batteries will get more efficient, solar roofs will become the norm, greenies will realize nuclear solves a lot of problems, and fusion reactors may even come on line in a few decades. In the meantime, the world still runs on diesel and that fact needs to be acknowledged. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Just curious, if the 2024 election was held next week and the Dem nominee was Biden and the GOP nominee was DeSantis, assuming their platform was exactly based off of what you know of both of them today, who would you vote for?

Honestly don’t know all that much about DeSantis and running Florida certainly isn’t the same as running the country. I wouldn’t commit to making that call until I see his presidential platform IF he runs. I’m willing to listen with an open mind though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...