The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

3 hours ago, Guardian said:

So that makes it ok? Or am I reading too much into your comment?

I don't think it's ok. My point is that it's not limited to this administration. It isn't a GOP vs Dem thing... it's a giant bureaucracy that thrives on getting money from congress for perceived threats, with very little oversight on how the money is actually spent. 

Edited by pawnman
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I dint think it's ok. My point is that it's not limited to this administration. It isn't a GOP vs Dem thing... it's a giant bureaucracy that thrives on getting money from congress for perceived threats, with very little oversight on how the money is actually spent. 

But add this to the other things the buffoons currently in charge and then it paints a very obvious picture to me. They are incompetent.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

America, where we elect the same people and expect different results. Biden has been in politics since Nam.  Explain this to the people and they sling shit on me, kinda like a zoo full of monkeys.  

37 minutes ago, McJay Pilot said:

“Aight… imma head out”

Literally stage left, didn't see that; but saw the laughing Generals

Wondered immediately if it was his own foot or the sandbag. Wished for a full viewpoint as that would be a difference 

Edited by Swizzle

If he wasn’t the politician he is, he’d be in a home, probably nearing hospice. Its insane people have propped that guy up to be the President. Its absolutely humiliating, for him and the country at large. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, brabus said:

If he wasn’t the politician he is, he’d be in a home, probably nearing hospice. Its insane people have propped that guy up to be the President. Its absolutely humiliating, for him and the country at large. 

Yes, his lack of SA is pretty frightening.  I've worked with the elderly before, and the first thing they do in a situation like this is blame something else on their incident - this is exactly what he did.  Watch the way he walks, he doesn't scan at all.  When he started out as POTUS, I thought this kind of thing was funny, but his mental state is just plain scary and sad now.

1 minute ago, GrndPndr said:

Yes, his lack of SA is pretty frightening.  I've worked with the elderly before, and the first thing they do in a situation like this is blame something else on their incident - this is exactly what he did.  Watch the way he walks, he doesn't scan at all.  When he started out as POTUS, I thought this kind of thing was funny, but his mental state is just plain scary and sad now.

100%...he doesn't walk, he shuffles which happens in older people as their brain function declines.  This is a complete embarrassment for our country.

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

100%...he doesn't walk, he shuffles which happens in older people as their brain function declines.  This is a complete embarrassment for our country.

Just watch the first thirty seconds of this video, says it all...

A month from death (after 3 years of fighting cancer) my dad looked better than that, no shit. I wonder what the hell they put in him to get him through public appearances (check out his ludicrously dilated pupils during many speaking engagements).

• Like 1

Thought Nikki Haley presented herself well in CNN’s town hall tonight. I certainly don’t agree with all of her points, but so far, she is the most presentable, well spoken candidate in the race. IMO, it will be hard for Trump, DeSantis, or Joe Biden to debate her. This is the type of candidate both parties should be putting forward. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Thought Nikki Haley presented herself well in CNN’s town hall tonight. I certainly don’t agree with all of her points, but so far, she is the most presentable, well spoken candidate in the race. IMO, it will be hard for Trump, DeSantis, or Joe Biden to debate her. This is the type of candidate both parties should be putting forward. 

I agree, she’s a good candidate. Won’t get very far IMHO unfortunately. She’s much too conservative for me to vote for in a general election, but she seems like a good person and is well qualified to be President as a former governor & ambassador.

I wish her luck and want to see more candidates like her for both parties n the future but…yea I don’t think she’s gonna get far against Trump in this primary.

Edited by nsplayr

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

she seems like a good person and is well qualified to be President as a former governor & ambassador

She’s much too conservative for me to vote for in a general election,

Something about these two comments being right next to each other rings of cognitive dissonance.  She's a good pick, but she's conservative so it's a no?   That makes no sense.  You're saying that just because someone is conservative, even if they're the best a good person for the job, you wouldn't vote for them?

By implication you're saying that you would vote for a worse candidate who was more liberal just based on...what?  The excellent results that the liberal left has given us?

Edited by FourFans
more factually correct

To be fair he said qualified and a good person, he didn’t say she was hands down the best of the entire field but he’d still pass. 

However, your statement does aptly describe an alarming amount of voters in this country (on both sides). It’s very disheartening to say the least. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, brabus said:

To be fair he said qualified and a good person, he didn’t say she was hands down the best of the entire field but he’d still pass. 

However, your statement does aptly describe an alarming amount of voters in this country (on both sides). It’s very disheartening to say the least. 

A fair point.

But that's what's surprising to me.  People can highlight what they like about a candidate, but still stanchly say 'no' based on a political bias which is founded on a position or on assumptions that wouldn't hold water for 5 minutes when put to actual logical scrutiny.  Is disheartening.  Just like people who voted for President Obama based solely on his skin color, then had the audacity to declare someone else "racist" for questioning that decision process...which I got to experience firsthand.

I feel like critical thought and self-examination are completely extinct these days.

Edited by FourFans

48 minutes ago, FourFans said:

Something about these two comments being right next to each other rings of cognitive dissonance.  She's a good pick, but she's conservative so it's a no?   That makes no sense.  You're saying that just because someone is conservative, even if they're the best a good person for the job, you wouldn't vote for them?

By implication you're saying that you would vote for a worse candidate who was more liberal just based on...what?  The excellent results that the liberal left has given us?

This kind of thought process blows my mind. I can say that someone is capable and qualified to do a job, particularly a political job, while also understanding that they don’t necessarily represent my values as well as another candidate might. You’ve taken this position before & seem to be unable to understand that people may not be willing to vote for a candidate that doesn’t represent their values no matter how “good” they may be. Here’s why I personally like Haley and wish there were more candidates like her: She will force Democratic candidates to be better. They will have to debate on policy rather than on the emotion stirred up on both sides by petty culture war tropes. Good candidates beget better candidates on both sides. Another reason I like her is because candidates like this tend to be far less divisive when they take office. Like nsplayr, I find it difficult to see myself voting for her in a general election. If she were to be elected though, I (and I think most on the left side of the spectrum) would have a much easier time generally supporting her than someone like Donald Trump. 

• Upvote 5