The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

6 hours ago, Pooter said:

Yes.. which is why having a bunch of dependents you can't afford is a quick way to get on food stamps.. and why family planning is important. 

Life planning decisions impact both qualification, and your eventual spending. It seems like you're being willfully obtuse here and it's really strange. Your family size is an entirely controllable thing.

It's a shame our military compensation system creates an incentive for young enlisted folks to get married as soon as the possibly can. 

Live in a dorm room with drug sweeps at 3am, some asshole reving his Charger in the parking lot at midnight, and leadership randomly dropping by to see if you've dusted and mopped...all while sharing a bathroom with a kid who plays WoW 16 hours a day and has pizza boxes stacked to the ceiling (a ceiling covered in black mold, BTW)...or get married and move into an apartment off-base, away from your leadership's invasive inspections and your retarded dorm mate's behavior?

• Upvote 4

On 5/6/2023 at 4:02 PM, HeloDude said:

they didn’t blow their per diem (and then some) at the bar, they didn’t have a motorcycle in addition to their car, they didn’t go to the strip bars, they’re we’re spending money on different women all the time, they didn’t have tattoos, 

Are you talking about 1stLt and Capts in a Marine fighter squadron?

• Haha 4

Lots of focus on people’s monetary decisions but I don’t seem to see any conversation about the trillion dollar f-35 program, or the proverbial “end of year fallout programs.”  Anyone else think we need a new dress uniform?

No surprise here but it is now official, the FBI is broken and corrupt as the Special Counsel John Durham has released his report to the Director of the FBI, the Attorney General and Congress.  It is a sad day for our country as an arm of the government placed its finger on the scales based on political hate.

Special Counsel John Durham found that the Department of Justice and FBI "failed to uphold their mission of strict fidelity to the law" when it launched the Trump-Russia investigation.

"Based on the review of Crossfire Hurricane and related intelligence activities, we conclude that the Department and the FBI failed to uphold their mission of strict fidelity to the law in connection with certain events and activities described in this report,"

"This information in part triggered and sustained Crossfire Hurricane and contributed to the subsequent need for Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation," the report states. "In particular, there was significant reliance on investigative leads provided or funded (directly or indirectly) by Trump's political opponents.

"FBI personnel also repeatedly disregarded important requirements when they continued to seek renewals of that FISA surveillance while acknowledging – both then and in hindsight – that they did not genuinely believe there was probable cause to believe that the target was knowingly engaged in clandestine intelligence activities on behalf of a foreign power, or knowingly helping another person in such activities," the report continued. "And certain personnel disregarded significant exculpatory information that should have prompted investigative restraint and re-examination."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There's some more context to add.

An FBI agent can't just open a case. You have to get concurrence from from a Department of Justice attorney in order to do so. They're the legal check and balance when it comes to whether something meets a legal threshold for burdens of proof. Likewise, a DOJ attorney signs off on absolutely every piece of paper that gets placed in front of a judge or a panel. It's easy to point the finger at the FBI here, but it's failure is exactly 50% of the problem, no more, no less. I don't expect the former infantry officer-turned-agent to be the sterling reviewer for burdens of proof, but I do expect that of the lawyers. I think most people are now seeing that some agents were set up to fail by some very senior influence who were just never expected to get caught. 

Likewise, the agents I know classify the FBI in three buckets - The FBI, the FBI in New York, and the FBI in DC. When you think the Law and Order FBI that most Americans (used to) think of, that is the FBI. When you think the aggressive, cowboy ops, -the-locals-and-take-over FBI, it's the FBI in New York. When you think sleazy & manipulative FBI, it's the FBI in DC. The three parts don't really play well together, for good reason. The NY folks piss everyone off but that's the nature of an aggressive organization. The DC folks piss everyone off because their hyper-political bullshit slams, derails, and scuttles lots of good work while replacing it with bullshit (such as this). The rest of the FBI doesn't piss anyone off, because they're doing their job just the way you want them to. 

Did it surprise anyone that the FBI in DC ran Hurricane Crossfire like a shitshow? Nope. Because it's run by political appointees and politicians, deeply ingrained in the shit-scented cultural winds of the moment. If you ask me, as a separate organization, the DOJ is even worse, because you have politically appointed lawyers. It doesn't take much for a few (very) senior folks to lean into a chain of command and skew priorities and processes. 

Want to redeem or fix the FBI? Only put experienced agents in charge - no more political appointees with no LE/intelligence background, no more lawyers. Baseline it to profession competency, highest moral standards, and absolutely ing decapitate the leadership who was or is in place when this all went down, to include prosecution where appropriate. 

Treat it just like you want the AF to be treated - the core mission has been rotted away by leadership completely out of touch with the line force, programs and politically motivated bullshit that takes time, effort, and resources away from your actual mission, and a system where dipshits promote other dipshits because they look the most similar to how the senior dipshit looked back in the day. You want a CSAF/leadership that is mission centric, teflon to the politics, and willing to push back on anything that doesn't progress the defense of the nation? The FBI wants that too. I actually believe the FBI has a better chance of doing that than the AF does, given the lack of rigid rank structure. 

Soap-container dismounted. I've got a number of connections with the Bureau and this has been a topic of discussion for a while. 

Edited for spelling and to add: 

Just like the AF, I don't think anyone (who shouldn't be removed) in the actual organization will look at you and say that the Bureau is faultless or innocent in this. There's a tumor. Remove it with vengeance. I am on team Hold Those At Fault Accountable, but I don't see burning down the whole FBI as the solution. Public hearings, prosecution, and removals - sunlight destroys corruption, show the whole world. 

Edited by Stretch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stretch said:

I've got a number of connections with the Bureau......

There's a tumor. Remove it with vengeance. I am on team Hold Those At Fault Accountable, but I don't see burning down the whole FBI as the solution.

Tell your friends they work for a corrupt garbage organization.

Since the FBI is incapable of holding responsible those despicable agents who used their position of great public trust to manipulate an election, the entire thing should be burned down.  We would rebuild something eventually, because we need federal LEO.  But the FBI is beyond reform, time to elect someone who will defund & disband it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

Tell your friends they work for a corrupt garbage organization.

Since the FBI is incapable of holding responsible those despicable agents who used their position of great public trust to manipulate an election, the entire thing should be burned down.  We would rebuild something eventually, because we need federal LEO.  But the FBI is beyond reform, time to elect someone who will defund & disband it.

Did you read what he wrote? I despise this level of corruption just as much as the next dude, but let’s not immolate the patient due to an infection. If global strike command porks away some nuke handling procedures do you recommend the entire AF gets burned to the ground? If LRS fails the upcoming UEI for the 3rd time do we burn the entire base to the ground? Someone posts a factual account of how something like this happens (giving Stretch the benefit of of the doubt here) and your first thought is to go General Jack D. Ripper?

Edited by Boomer6

1 hour ago, Boomer6 said:

Did you read what he wrote? I despise this level of corruption just as much as the next dude, but let’s not immolate the patient due to an infection. If global strike command porks away some nuke handling procedures do you recommend the entire AF gets burned to the ground? If LRS fails the upcoming UEI for the 3rd time do we burn the entire base to the ground? Someone posts a factual account of how something like this happens (giving Stretch the benefit of of the doubt here) and your first thought is to go General Jack D. Ripper?

The FBI has been corrupt from the start. Hoover ran it from 1935 - 1972 and he was corrupt to the core. It needs to be dismantled. The upper level of the FBI are traitors to the constitution. 

1 hour ago, Boomer6 said:

Did you read what he wrote? I despise this level of corruption just as much as the next dude, but let’s not immolate the patient due to an infection. If global strike command porks away some nuke handling procedures do you recommend the entire AF gets burned to the ground? If LRS fails the upcoming UEI for the 3rd time do we burn the entire base to the ground? Someone posts a factual account of how something like this happens (giving Stretch the benefit off of the doubt here) and your first thought is to go General Jack D. Ripper?

Yes I read what he wrote.  Are you familiar with the implications of this story?  FBI actions are not analogous to failing a UEI, nor is their senior leadership a mere temporary infection in an otherwise healthy patient.  If Global Strike Command deliberately manipulated their position of trust to neuter a sitting President, Commanders would be fired, the institution disbanded, and responsibilities given to others.  Here they’re just saying “sorry!”  GMAFB.

He’s right the cancer needs to be excised.  But I think he’s wrong that the FBI or DOJ is capable of such precision.  You’ll know I’m right when no one is held accountable, like always.

My opinion is that dismantling the institution, although blunt, is necessary.  Without drastic action our most powerful internal institution will never recover legitimacy.  And I’m completely fed up with the “rank and file agents are great guys” narrative.  

Copy you read what he wrote. Are you deliberately disregarding the part where the DC FBI contains those responsible and that the DC FBI is in fact not the entire FBI? 

I’m all for cleaning house, but tearing down an organization because the leaders were playing politics doesn’t make sense (and yes I understand the implication of the report). Should we have abolished the executive branch or the constitution because Nixon was involved in Watergate? 

Whether the DOJ or the FBI can clean house, or someone outside these agencies with the authority to do so, is not what I’m arguing. There are thousands of ppl who work for the FBI, and though it can’t be proven or disproven via an internet forum, I don’t believe any significant percentage of them are partisan hacks out to give our country to the libs. They do an immense amount of valuable work and we can’t just say, “You’re fired” without extreme repercussions.

Edited by Boomer6

35 minutes ago, uhhello said:

How exactly do we go about "tearing down the FBI"?  What does that entail.  What replaces it?  Who makes up this new entity?

Is there any state without cops? How did it work before? Literally any answer will work, it's not the the FBI was the "right answer." It was just *an* answer.

I would not advocate for tearing down the entirety of the FBI but we certainly need to clean house on some corrupt leadership.  My guess is the VAST majority of the FBI is comprised of great Americans trying to serve their country with pride and integrity.  I've served, deployed and fought with many of them and would do so again today.  Unfortunately, like any organization, there are few bad apples that have such severe hatred for one side of the political aisle, they will willingly cross legal and ethical lines in order to protect one party and ultimately influence an election (or two).  The corruption seems centered at a few leadership levels and is empowered by similar thinking and corrupt people at the DOJ, that is the part of the system that needs to be purged.  

This rot goes far beyond the leadership of the FBI - The New York Post is reporting that an IRS Whistleblower has told Congress that at the the IRS has removed the "entire investigative team" from its multi-year tax fraud investigation of Hunter Biden and is claiming the move was "clearly retaliatory," according to a Monday report.

"He was informed the change was at the request of the Department of Justice," according to attorneys Mark Lytle and Tristan Leavitt.

Break Break...

IMHO the most striking information to come out of the Durham report is that fact that Biden AND Obama were briefed on Hillary and that fact that the dossier was indeed fake.  In other words, the system knew in 2016 but they pressed forward as if it was real for political gain.

130,000 federal employees make more than the highest paid governor in the U.S. They don’t like being called swamp dwellers and will do whatever it takes to defend their swampy turf and paycheck because they know other swamp dwellers will not hold them accountable.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Is there any state without cops? How did it work before? Literally any answer will work, it's not the the FBI was the "right answer." It was just *an* answer.

Yeah, I get it.  So we're just changing names?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, uhhello said:

Yeah, I get it.  So we're just changing names?  

Does it have to centralized at the federal level? Have the same jurisdictions? Authorities? Sure you can boil everything down to "law enforcement" and then say you're just changing names, but by that logic the US is just another government with a different name.

The structure matters in protecting against abuse.