The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

23 minutes ago, pawnman said:

And who is funding groups like Q-Anon and the Proud Boys?

I honestly don't know, but I do know they are not celebrated like BLM and ANTIFA.

960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=960

Remember "mostly peaceful" protests that burned U.S. government facilities all over the country.

CNN-Mostly-Peaceful.jpg?resize=796,437

Sadly the extremes on both sides suck up all the oxygen from folks like you and me that reside in the middle.  Unfortunately for me the media is dominated by liberals and most of the networks focus on one side and make excuses for the other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=960

Remember "mostly peaceful" protests that burned U.S. government facilities all over the country.

All of the people kneeling in this picture have been in some form of government power for over 20 years.   They scream about changing the status quo.  They've had over 2 decades (sometimes more like Biden) to solve the problems that we are so divided as a country over.   The common American on both sides of the political spectrum needs to wake up.   We're fighting against each other when we should be fighting (voting out) the politicians who kept us here.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Biff_T said:

All of the people kneeling in this picture have been in some form of government power for over 20 years.   They scream about changing the status quo.  They've had over 2 decades (sometimes more like Biden) to solve the problems that we are so divided as a country over.   The common American on both sides of the political spectrum needs to wake up.   We're fighting against each other when we should be fighting (voting out) the politicians who kept us here.  

Yet they have such a loyal base that will vote for them no matter what. God help you if you try to shift that narrative. This perpetual cycle and the backlash that comes with calling it out scares me more than some idiot with a Viking Hat or a dude in Proud Boys 

• Upvote 2

On 3/19/2023 at 2:40 AM, O Face said:

I’m going to have to disagree with you on this one, respectfully of course. There’s currently an awful lot of ballot initiatives for state boundaries to be redrawn, states joining other states (ie greater Idaho), and outright secession.  While this may seem like nothing but noise at the moment, the fissures in our union are undeniably growing.  
I recently read an old, fantastically researched, history on the Civil War by Catton. The first book is called “The Coming Fury” and focuses mostly on Congress 1860-61, the parallels to what we see today are quite shocking. 
Now I’m not betting we‘ll be engaging in gun battles with our neighbors any time soon, but I am saying, throughout time, the lines on the map have always changed, and they rarely change peacefully. 

Agreed.  However the context is vastly different.  The overwhelming majority of the population in 1860 was intimately familiar with warfare, combat, death, and hardship at the individual level.  Simply living anywhere west of the Allegheny Mountains was hard.  Death was commonplace, and owning lethal weapons was a demanded way of life.

Fast forward to our modern culture where life without toilet paper is considered difficult and owning a lethal weapon is actually a debated topic.  A civil war, true violent cessation, and the attempt of one part of this country to break away from the other would require hardship to be endured by all individuals.  Most importantly would be the economic hardship.  Imagine trying to live in California or New York without the US federal presence or without the food provided by the midwest.  Yes, cali produces things, but not the things that could support them independently.  New York doesn't produce jack shit.  We need each other.  Any kind of real state fracture will readily expose that fact, and pressing into it will require serious endurance and privation at the household level.  You think white suburban women came out of the woodwork to vote against trump?  Imagine what would happen if you actually deprive them of their soy lattes and avocado toast.

Frankly, modern American's don't have the balls for that kind of hardship...at least not over neighborhood politics.  Southern Californians DEFINITELY don't have the balls for that.  Modern Americans are all about kicking someone else's ass so long as that person is on the other side of a pond and can't actually hurt us.  People in 1860 knew what blood spilt on our soil felt and looked like (1776 was less than 100 years prior, and then war of 1812), and were prepared to live through privation in support of a belief, and a patriotism they held dear.  Modern Americans, writ large, are not.  Less than 10% of our population has experienced combat of any kind, and less than that in our governing bodies.

Our fractures will stop at political action, and I believe any re-organization (greater Idaho for example) will be largely peaceful and political, with any violence being restricted to localized policeable actions such as protests and riots.  Militias are not about to start fighting each other or the federal military.  Americans are both too smart and too comfortable to do that.  Our country is not going to try and break apart. 

Re-arrangement and re-organization is possible though.

My bet is that an international action sometime in the next five years will put all that to bed anyway.  As a country, we galvanize like no other.

Edited by FourFans
  • Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, FourFans said:

Southern Californians DEFINITELY don't have the balls for that. 

Especially, in Los Angeles.  However, I heard that there is a band of small handed, mouth breathing, retired helicopter pilots living in OC that don't mind a fight.  Lol

You are 100% correct about people here.  No one could stomach 2 days without power.   Also, I'm pretty sure if there was any type of war down here, the looters would take out most of the targets on night one.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FourFans said:

Agreed.  However the context is vastly different.  The overwhelming majority of the population in 1860 was intimately familiar with warfare, combat, death, and hardship at the individual level.  Simply living anywhere west of the Allegheny Mountains was hard.  Death was commonplace, and owning lethal weapons was a demanded way of life.

Fast forward to our modern culture where life without toilet paper is considered difficult and owning a lethal weapon is actually a debated topic.  A civil war, true violent cessation, and the attempt of one part of this country to break away from the other would require hardship to be endured by all individuals.  Most importantly would be the economic hardship.  Imagine trying to live in California or New York without the US federal presence or without the food provided by the midwest.  Yes, cali produces things, but not the things that could support them independently.  New York doesn't produce jack shit.  We need each other.  Any kind of real state fracture will readily expose that fact, and pressing into it will require serious endurance and privation at the household level.  You think white suburban women came out of the woodwork to vote against trump?  Imagine what would happen if you actually deprive them of their soy lattes and avocado toast.

Frankly, modern American's don't have the balls for that kind of hardship...at least not over neighborhood politics.  Southern Californians DEFINITELY don't have the balls for that.  Modern Americans are all about kicking someone else's ass so long as that person is on the other side of a pond and can't actually hurt us.  People in 1860 knew what blood spilt on our soil felt and looked like (1776 was less than 100 years prior, and then war of 1812), and were prepared to live through privation in support of a belief, and a patriotism they held dear.  Modern Americans, writ large, are not.  Less than 10% of our population has experienced combat of any kind, and less than that in our governing bodies.

Our fractures will stop at political action, and I believe any re-organization (greater Idaho for example) will be largely peaceful and political, with any violence being restricted to localized policeable actions such as protests and riots.  Militias are not about to start fighting each other or the federal military.  Americans are both too smart and too comfortable to do that.  Our country is not going to try and break apart. 

Re-arrangement and re-organization is possible though.

My bet is that an international action sometime in the next five years will put all that to bed anyway.  As a country, we galvanize like no other.

Masterfully written response. And once again, I appreciate your insight. If I were placing bets, I’d go all in on your theory.

I do believe that we’ll see some state boundaries change in the not too distant future. I bet the good folks of Greater Idaho would be thrilled to sell organic potatoes and cruelty free/free range chicken to the people of Portland, instead of being governed by them.  How the boundaries get drawn and who gets to decide, however, will get messy.

The utter contempt and hatred that the urban centers heap upon their food producers is mind boggling, and I don’t believe will continue to be tolerated. Even if financial hardships must be endured. 

Edited by O Face
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sim said:

Perfectly normal behavior, right? 

Sadly that side of the aisle as has been repeatedly stated by our liberal friends on this forum, is "mostly happy" with Biden and his performance.   In the next two weeks he is going to announce he is running again, can you imagine what he will sound like in four more years?

• Sad 2

So here is the actual full video (~28 minutes) of Biden’s remarks at the Women’s Business Summit at the White House.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?526980-1/president-biden-calls-congress-pass-assault-weapons-ban-nashville-school-shooting

10:14-12:24 includes his opening comments about the shooting in Nashville. Feel free to judge him by those comments; I think they were very appropriate. Of literally all the things in the entire world Joe Biden can speak about well and compassionately, it would be having a child die cruelty too soon.

Before 10:14 he was introduced and warmed up the visiting crowd at the White House, which included kids, and after 12:24, he have his actual remarks about women and their businesses. Even the joking comment about Jenni’s Ice Cream  highlighted in bad faith above makes sense given that it’s not only a personal fav of his and an ongoing meme about him, but it’s also an ice cream business started by a woman that’s now wildly successful.

So given full context instead of the dickhead edit you see above, I have basically zero critiques.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

So here is the actual full video (~28 minutes) of Biden’s remarks at the Women’s Business Summit at the White House.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?526980-1/president-biden-calls-congress-pass-assault-weapons-ban-nashville-school-shooting

10:14-12:24 includes his opening comments about the shooting in Nashville. Feel free to judge him by those comments; I think they were very appropriate. Of literally all the things in the entire world Joe Biden can speak about well and compassionately, it would be having a child die cruelty too soon.

Before 10:14 he was introduced and warmed up the visiting crowd at the White House, which included kids, and after 12:24, he have his actual remarks about women and their businesses. Even the joking comment about Jenni’s Ice Cream  highlighted in bad faith above makes sense given that it’s not only a personal fav of his and an ongoing meme about him, but it’s also an ice cream business started by a woman that’s now wildly successful.

So given full context instead of the dickhead edit you see above, I have basically zero critiques.

You're seriously still standing behind this guy?

Did Biden Check Watch Multiple Times During Transfer of Fallen Soldiers? |  Snopes.com

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, FourFans said:

image.png.34e5631a9ab531500f112ea801c2bb03.png
Joe Biden is the parent of a service member who died, and also lost his daughter and first wife in a horrible car accident. I’m sure views on him are not 100% positive when polling gold star families, but I give him high marks on the grief counseling role that every POTUS inevitably has to do.

I’m also a mainstream Democrat and support his mainstream Dem-priority policy accomplishments.

If you’re a conservative I imagine you don’t, but it shouldn’t be hard to understand why a Democrat likely would.

Edited by nsplayr

7 minutes ago, FourFans said:

Did Biden Check Watch Multiple Times During Transfer of Fallen Soldiers? |  Snopes.com

Don't manipulate video/transcripts to suit your narrative.  He has enough out there where you can truly see he is not fit to be leading.  It's simple.  

1 minute ago, nsplayr said:

Joe Biden is the parent of a service member who died, and also lost his daughter and first wife in a horrible car accident. I’m sure views on him are not 100% positive when polling gold star families, but I give him high marks on the grief counseling role that every POTUS inevitably has to do.

I’m also a mainstream Democrat and support his mainstream Dem-priority policy accomplishments.

If you’re a conservative I imagine you don’t, but it shouldn’t be hard to understand why a Democrat likely would.

You think he is fit to serve currently?  How about in another year and a half?  I'm pretty middle of the road on most stuff, couldn't vote for Trump in the last go around but if it was down to Trump/Biden in 24......I think I represent a giant chunk of the voting bloc as well.  

Overall Biden is older than is ideal and I’d rather have someone 15-30 years younger, but that’s neither here nor there. I personally wanted a 1-term handoff to the VP, but Harris sucks big time and so given that as the most possible option, I’d rather Joe just try to stick it out…shit I’d be a fan of dropping Harris somehow and picking a new VP for a second term and then strongly consider resigning if his health fails. I also support a max age limit for holding political office just like there are min ages, and it probably should be 75. Both Trump and Biden are too old frankly.

My bet is the GOP will nominate Trump again, who is more or less the same age as Biden and also shows clear evidence of losing a step compared to his former self. This is rather than someone like DeSantis or Haley or even Pence who are younger and appropriately experienced. Y’all are gonna have a full-up primary with no sitting incumbent and I am about 90% sure I know what many of y’all’s choices will be, and it won’t particularly prioritize age or mental sharpness. God bless if you support a non-Trump 2024 candidate, I hope your guy/gal will win the primary.

If I could vote today in a primary and Biden wasn’t an incumbent, I would vote for someone younger - please consider doing the same in the 2024 GOP primary.

Hell, if there is a Dem primary for some reason, I will support someone younger, will you?

I imagine many of y’all will vote for Trump regardless, and therefore I rest my case that age is a factor, but not the primary factor in choosing a political leader.

Edited by nsplayr

He said he has a refrigerator full of ice cream, not even joking. That's a damn lie. Fill your fridge with ice cream and see what happens. If he can't get the little details right, how can he get the big ones right? 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, nsplayr said:

You have zero critiques with a nation wide assault weapons ban?

12 minutes ago, Springer said:

In all seriousness would you explain those?

Destroyed our energy sector, rejoined the useless Paris Climate Accords, continued to cow tow towards Iran while they kill Americans, massive number DEI/affirmative action hires like VPOTUS, humiliated the United States in Afghanistan, billions of dollars to Ukraine that we will never see again all while ensuring a free flow of future voters, sorry I mean illegal immigrants, sorry I mean “Undocumented Persons” across the Southern Border. These are mainstream Dem positions right? I’ll just let Nsplayr explain himself and also explain why he has zero critiques of a nation wide “Assault Weapon” Ban. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, nsplayr said:

I am neither conservative nor liberal, democrat nor republican.  I never voted for Trump.  I never voted for Biden.  I currently have been voting more conservative simply because I have been agreeing topic to topic in that direction.  It's not always been that way.  For example: Democrats used to be anti-censorship and anti-authoritarian and I agreed with them often.  Now they aren't, so now I don't.

I'm an American who prefers adults making difficult decisions using humility, reason, logic, candor, and a certain level of social awareness.  Our current president has none of those attributes.  He is a hollow shell and you clearly understate all your critiques of him.  It shows in how you carefully craft those critiques.  Have the balls to admit the truth:  Biden, Trump, and a vast majority of our current government have no business leading anything...ever.  Yet you support them.  If you let these people run your house or manage your daily decisions, you'd be homeless, divorced, and broke....and like addicted.

I implore you to stop being a coward and call a spade a spade.  Our government under Biden's administration has amplified political divisions rather then unifying as they claimed they would, has undercut our self-defense capacities, and is in the process of putting our economy nearly a decade away from fiscal recovery by way of spending beyond their means.  There is no way you'd run your personal life the way this administration is, yet you actively support how they run our nations affairs.  Such dissonance is not sustainable psychologically or socially.  That's not understatement.  That's factual information from each of those areas of focus.  Ignore it if you want, but if you choose to refute it, please bring facts that prove your point, not emotions.

You'll note I reference no social agendas, politics, or hot topic issues.  It's the basics that are completely messed up.  Live within your means.  Make rational decisions.  Protect the family unit.  Don't pass on debt to your children.  Unify, don't divide.   Basics.

If you insist on supporting agendas simply because they are "mainstream democrat" I beg you to reconsider.  Acting in that way makes you what Marx called a "Useful Idiot", and you are hurting our country.

Edited by FourFans
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, nsplayr said:

I imagine many of y’all will vote for Trump regardless,

I think most of us have zero desire to vote for him again. At least he got the silent treatment from the crowd when he mocked Desantis like a child at his last rally. Hopefully that’s an indicator of what’s to come. The RNC is absolutely fucking retarded if they nominate him again, as he’s probably the one guy who can actually lose to Biden. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, FourFans said:

I am neither conservative nor liberal, democrat nor republican.  I never voted for Trump.  I never voted for Biden.  I currently have been voting more conservative simply because I have been agreeing topic to topic in that direction.  It's not always been that way.  For example: Democrats used to be anti-censorship and anti-authoritarian and I agreed with them often.  Now they aren't, so now I don't.

I'm an American who prefers adults making difficult decisions using humility, reason, logic, candor, and a certain level of social awareness.  Our current president has none of those attributes.  He is a hollow shell and you clearly understate all your critiques of him.  It shows in how you carefully craft those critiques.  Have the balls to admit the truth:  Biden, Trump, and a vast majority of our current government have no business leading anything...ever.  Yet you support them.  If you let these people run your house or manage your daily decisions, you'd be homeless, divorced, and broke....and like addicted.

I implore you to stop being a coward and call a spade a spade.  Our government under Biden's administration has amplified political divisions rather then unifying as they claimed they would, has undercut our self-defense capacities, and is in the process of putting our economy nearly a decade away from fiscal recovery by way of spending beyond their means.  There is no way you'd run your personal life the way this administration is, yet you actively support how they run our nations affairs.  Such dissonance is not sustainable psychologically or socially.  That's not understatement.  That's factual information from each of those areas of focus.  Ignore it if you want, but if you choose to refute it, please bring facts that prove your point, not emotions.

You'll note I reference no social agendas, politics, or hot topic issues.  It's the basics that are completely messed up.  Live within your means.  Make rational decisions.  Protect the family unit.  Don't pass on debt to your children.  Unify, don't divide.   Basics.

If you insist on supporting agendas simply because they are "mainstream democrat" I beg you to reconsider.  Acting in that way makes you what Marx called a "Useful Idiot", and you are hurting our country.

You’re describing an ideal world that doesn’t, and will never exist. Politics has always been somewhat dirty/disingenuous/cynical/whatever you want to call it. Politicians will always be politicians and there will always be some element of holding your nose when you vote. This is still miles better than the alternative. I will also happily vote for Joe Biden if Trump is the Republicans’ nominee and he’ll likely be my choice even over DeSantis, Hailey, or many of the other Republican front runners (although I am open to what they have to say), simply because of the fact that I tend to align with more D policies than R. Not all policies…there’s certainly plenty of room for improvement on both sides. But more. That’s how it goes in a democracy. There are millions of voters with disparate interests and agendas. Recognize that you’re never going to be totally pleased by any one candidate and that your own interests, no matter how righteous you think you are, are only a tiny fraction of the country’s as a whole. No one is being a coward here. We are simply accepting reality and acting in the manner that suits our needs and desires in the best way possible. 

• Downvote 1