The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

If this goes down, it will only destroy the people’s confidence in our system that much more. Apparently the liberals really want civil war to happen, because continuing to do shit like this is how that happens. The irony is how poorly that’ll go for them. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Just confirming I have the facts...Trump will be arrested on Tuesday for giving a check to an adult film star while Biden is celebrated for standing by as millions of dollars were funneled from Chinese firms to all of his relatives.

That sounds like the plot line to a bad movie. 

32 minutes ago, brabus said:

If this goes down, it will only destroy the people’s confidence in our system that much more. Apparently the liberals really want civil war to happen, because continuing to do shit like this is how that happens. The irony is how poorly that’ll go for them. 

They can fight with their feelings.  Kind of like the Care Bears.   

41 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Just confirming I have the facts...Trump will be arrested on Tuesday for giving a check to an adult film star while Biden is celebrated for standing by as millions of dollars were funneled from Chinese firms to all of his relatives.

Nothing to see here.  Cough, Cough.

Imagine if members of Reagan's family were receiving money from the Russians in 1985?  That would have been the crime of the century.  

Edited by Biff_T
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, brabus said:

Apparently the liberals really want civil war to happen, because continuing to do shit like this is how that happens.

The only people who talk about and wishcast a civil war are on the right.

Law enforcement is not fomenting a civil war. You can’t just “Ooh, look what you made me do” into a civil war.

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

Law enforcement is not fomenting a civil war. You can’t just “Ooh, look what you made me do” into a civil war.

No, concerned people talk about civil war instead of burying craniums in the sand and ignoring it. Almost half this country (recent poll) says they think a civil war is a very real possibility in the near-ish future. That is frightening we as a country have been sliding that direction. Millions of Americans are just asking insanity to stop, not asking for hard right policies. They just want a relatively middle country. The progressives are heavily leading the charge in making our country as far from the middle as possible. People are fed up with it, and if it can’t be brought back to the middle peacefully, it will be brought back violently. And I very much hope the former happens and not the later. 

Edited by brabus
  • Upvote 1

No one I know left-of-center talks about a civil war 🤷‍♂️

Joe Biden, an old white man and long-time senator is president, and the GOP holds the house. Not seeing some insane liberal agenda washing over us anytime soon.

jUsT aSkInG fOr InSaNiTy To StOp ok what do you mean by that?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Not very familiar with antifa are you?

Extremes are extreme on both sides. Try not to be so partisan and for once *think* about the other side. Why would so many people be "wish casting" a civil war?

If you really think tens or millions of people are so vastly inferior to you and your side, you are a narcissist and a fool.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

jUsT aSkInG fOr InSaNiTy To StOp ok what do you mean by that?

Everything that is progressive and everything that is ultra-right. Currently the progressives are “out performing” the ultra-right. But neither are good. 

3 hours ago, nsplayr said:

It's not Law enforcement here - it's a politically motivated process.

As for hush money, the payoff the threat scenario is played out everyday by wealthy people.  What part of the payoff made it illegal, by the way?  Think about the way this stripper will live from now on, people will yell obscenties at here and spit on her.  Hope if was worth it.

I have to agree with @nsplayr on this one point: We're nowhere near a civil war.  Such a thing would involve a vast majority of the population.  Right now I would argue that 10% or less of the US population composes the highly vocal left and right.  

Civil unrest?  More likely.

If we can elect some leadership that moderate and actually has some form of wisdom in their decision making, we'll be fine.  Our current administration is populated by muppets and morons, which is why we're in the economic, political, social, and international troubles we're in.

Edited by FourFans
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, FourFans said:

I have to agree with @nsplayr on this one point: We're nowhere near a civil war.  Such a thing would involve a vast majority of the population.  Right now I would argue that 10% or less of the US population composes the highly vocal left and right.  

If we can elect some leadership that moderate and actually has some form of wisdom in their decision making, we'll be fine.  Our current administration is populated by muppets and morons.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/aug/29/us-civil-war-fears-poll

This is likely the poll brabus was referring to. Posted just for reference. 

My statement holds, I don’t know any of the people in the video.

Anyone on the left calling for a civil war is a dangerous moron that no one should listen to…just like anyone on the right! Or the center.

Theres not going to be a civil war, our politics is not substantially more radical than in the past, but we do need to actively stick together and move the country forward if we want our kids to enjoy the gift we were all given at birth (or naturalization) - a great country.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FourFans said:

If we can elect some leadership that moderate and actually has some form of wisdom in their decision making, we'll be fine.

This part I fully agree with!

There is a problem currently facing society that the most vocal get the most spotlight. Its not just main stream media, hollywood, and big broadcast...... social media has a similar effect. Take this as an example:

image.thumb.png.9a4f463f198246923b5ca41216ea4be7.png

Compare this post from r/whitepeopletwitter to the video above. Nothing in the tweet or the retweet suggests Donald Trump said anything calling for violence, insurrection or harming police officers. Yet an anonymous redditor (which I believe everyone on this forum recognizes as a cesspool of humanity, albeit an unfortunately popular cesspool) will post to a far left leaning audience that this is exactly what this tweet means and recieve 33K upvotes in a few hours and 4.8K supportive comments. 

This is more than hypocrisy. This is about BAD actors on the extreme political ends of the spectrum trying to manipulate language, platform and ideology, to promote political agenda. And the sad truth is the vast majority of Americans in the middle are powerless to speak up or say anything about this type of nonsense at risk of being socially cancelled. 

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

My statement holds, I don’t know any of the people in the video.

Anyone on the left calling for a civil war is a dangerous moron that no one should listen to…just like anyone on the right! Or the center.

Theres not going to be a civil war, our politics is not substantially more radical than in the past, but we do need to actively stick together and move the country forward if we want our kids to enjoy the gift we were all given at birth (or naturalization) - a great country.

I agree. But it still concerns me when enough people to spike the RWR are talking about civil war. It also concerns me when radical people on either side continue to push radical agendas in the face of opposition from what I’ll call “the reasonable” core of our population. There’s far more reasonable people than not, but don’t think that means we can afford to just brush off the crazies and say, “meh, they’ll just go away.” That kind of flippant attitude is exactly how we end up in a very bad spot years down the road. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Clearly you’ve never met anyone from Antifa or Black Lives Matter 

10 minutes ago, dream big said:

Clearly you’ve never met anyone from Antifa or Black Lives Matter 

Correct! They are not a big force in the country at large. I am way more involved in democratic politics than average and have never met someone who would describe those groups as one of their primary identities. I’m glad we agree. 

43 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Correct! They are not a big force in the country at large. I am way more involved in democratic politics than average and have never met someone who would describe those groups as one of their primary identities. I’m glad we agree. 

who is funding those groups...it's not republicans...

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

who is funding those groups...it's not republicans...

Primarily democratic politicans and democrat supporters...oh, and SVB.  Shocking.

Presumably @nsplayr if he's 'way more involved in democratic politics.'  Unless he meant that as a little d democratic, not a big D Democrat.

BTW nsplayr, just because you haven't met them, doesn't mean they don't exist.  BLM made enough money for the shady purchase of a $6M mansion with donation money.  That's not insignificant, but it is highly corrupt...and largely funded by your party.  Accountability much?

I See Nothing GIFs | Tenor

Edited by FourFans
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, FourFans said:

If we can elect some leadership that moderate and actually has some form of wisdom in their decision making, we'll be fine.  Our current administration is populated by muppets and morons, which is why we're in the economic, political, social, and international troubles we're in.

I’m going to have to disagree with you on this one, respectfully of course. There’s currently an awful lot of ballot initiatives for state boundaries to be redrawn, states joining other states (ie greater Idaho), and outright secession.  While this may seem like nothing but noise at the moment, the fissures in our union are undeniably growing.  
I recently read an old, fantastically researched, history on the Civil War by Catton. The first book is called “The Coming Fury” and focuses mostly on Congress 1860-61, the parallels to what we see today are quite shocking. 
Now I’m not betting we‘ll be engaging in gun battles with our neighbors any time soon, but I am saying, throughout time, the lines on the map have always changed, and they rarely change peacefully. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Hi, Joe Mediaowner here.  Just wanted to say thank you - thank you...  to everyone for all of the drama created by all of the well meaning folks out there.  One thing's for sure, when two sides start to argue, we really get to clean up (so to speak).   Of course, we didn't have anything to do with fomenting the dissent and differing opinions, but hey, if we can make things clear by explaining why you should be angry and show a little video with that, well you can count on us.  We have a saying - 'Bring the drama!' and we'll be bringing the drama to a webpage near you."

Joe M - out.

18 minutes ago, pawnman said:

And who is funding groups like Q-Anon and the Proud Boys?

They suck too. But as I’ve mentioned before (in this thread or one of the others), the extreme groups on the right get plenty of media coverage and often times are blown well out of proportion in terms of their scope and power; whereas the extreme groups on the left get a free pass in the mainstream press. How many businesses and lives are lost because of Qanon or Proud Boys compared to BLM Summer 2020? There is no comparison. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2