The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

1 hour ago, FLEA said:

Recommend you get the whole picture of your going to suddenly be pro-Immigration. 

Recommend you not assume…it makes an ass out of u and me!

I am very pro immigration, so much so that I recognize my views are outside of the mainstream even for a Dem. I’ve also held that view for my entire adult life, so it’s not some kind of sudden revelation here in the last few years.

I am disappointed we didn’t let in many, many more Afghans. We should have been flying them out for years. I am also disappointed we don’t increase many immigration program caps 5-10x, especially high-skilled ones. Finally, I don’t know why the Biden admin is trying to fight diversity visa program normalization post-pandemic. They should stop.

I feel like you’re trying to either catch me unaware of something or accuse me of “doing a hypocrisy” before you even ask an actual, genuine question.

So if you yourself want more Afghans to immigrate or want to give out all the diversity lottery visas we should have given out over the last several years, we can agree! I was already aware of that stuff but I’m glad to hear you are too.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 2

These goddamn clowns (hillary, trump, biden, and pence) along with all of their staffers should all be in jail as far as I'm concerned. Because that is exactly what would happen to any of us if we were found  sitting on a pile of classified at home. 

The processes don't need to be revamped. Our political leadership needs to be revamped. 

The process is actually super easy. Don't take fucking classified to your house. If you can't manage that with your bloated staff of god-knows-how-many brown nosing aides you have no business running a country. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nsplayr said:

I am very pro immigration, so much so that I recognize my views are outside of the mainstream even for a Dem. I’ve also held that view for my entire adult life, so it’s not some kind of sudden revelation here in the last few years.

I am disappointed we didn’t let in many, many more Afghans. We should have been flying them out for years. I am also disappointed we don’t increase many immigration program caps 5-10x, especially high-skilled ones. Finally, I don’t know why the Biden admin is trying to fight diversity visa program normalization post-pandemic. They should stop.

I feel like you’re trying to either catch me unaware of something or accuse me of “doing a hypocrisy” before you even ask an actual, genuine question.

So if you yourself want more Afghans to immigrate or want to give out all the diversity lottery visas we should have given out over the last several years, we can agree! I was already aware of that stuff but I’m glad to hear you are too.

Who’s paying for the influx of immigrants? Denver had received about 5,000 Venezuelans who randomly just showed up since Christmas (they weren’t sent here by another governor, they communicated on social media and got their own bus). The mayor said the city has spent $2.5 million on paying for shelter (converting city rec centers), food, clothing, etc.

He’s seeking reimbursement from the state and Feds, but that’s not happening anytime soon. Until that happens it’s coming out of his operation budget for the city, which had been earmarked for other items within the city. So, whose footing thr bil? Tax payers of course.

The problem with extreme pro-immigration extremists is they’re wanting everyone to come in, but they also usually live in an area that doesn’t have a relatively high migrant population to begin with. It’s like arm chair quarterbacking. We’re running out of water here in the west, housing costs are insane throughout the country, and we’re most likely in a recession now (despite the Feds changing the definition of what one is).

Congress needs to fix the immigration via reform before we just open our borders and allow thousands of more people into the country to further strain an already overburdened infrastructure.

Edited by Sua Sponte

4 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Okay, genuine question. What would you do if a bus with a few was dropped off in front of your house.

If in front of my house I would check to see if they needed food or water, then let them know the nearest town was 20 miles north.

12 hours ago, nsplayr said:

I would like to see some changes, but largely around significantly upping legal immigration caps and legal work permits.

Immigration is a massive net positive for the US, esp compared to our global competitors or even most allies, and we should take advantage.

BL: I don’t want to stem the tide of people illegally immigrating, I just want to stop it from being illegal.

OBE reasons to keep people out (Title 42) should end because COVID has not been a reason to keep people out in a long time; it’s already endemic here.

The asylum system is rife for exploitation, so that can and should be changed too, but you would largely solve the problem if you just legalized economic reasons for immigration for Mexicans, Central Americans, Cubans, etc. who often make dubious asylum claims.

Just make almost all of it legal and welcome in some new American residents!

I could go round and round arguing with you on your opinions on immigration (legal and illegal) and we would not change each other's minds, also I consider you a good faith arguer and non-shitposter so if that's your opinion fair enough.

I would disagree (well just a little round and round) that immigration is a massive net positive for the USA; controlled, legal, meritocratic, diverse immigration at a rate that can be assimilated is a net positive, how much of a positive I think is overstated IMHO.

These goddamn clowns (hillary, trump, biden, and pence) along with all of their staffers should all be in jail as far as I'm concerned. Because that is exactly what would happen to any of us if we were found  sitting on a pile of classified at home. 

The processes don't need to be revamped. Our political leadership needs to be revamped. 

The process is actually super easy. Don't take ing classified to your house. If you can't manage that with your bloated staff of god-knows-how-many brown nosing aides you have no business running a country. 

The absolute most aggravating part of this is there staffs are really the ones that F this up and face no consequence.

Nobody honestly thinks Trump or Biden etc went and got boxes and packed their office do they? No of course not that’s the staff flunky job. So why the hell after these things happen do we not crucify them and revoke clearances. My regimental S2 pulled up some of Hillary’s staff after the whole thing and they all still showed up in JPAS. Like holy hell we will crucify a good Soldier for plugging the printer in the wrong color cable… but hey you actively ignored and moved stuff either through neglect or deliberate effort… oh no big deal. Please by all means keep your lively hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lawman said:

The absolute most aggravating part of this is there staffs are really the ones that F this up and face no consequence.

Nobody honestly thinks Trump or Biden etc went and got boxes and packed their office do they? No of course not that’s the staff flunky job. So why the hell after these things happen do we not crucify them and revoke clearances. My regimental S2 pulled up some of Hillary’s staff after the whole thing and they all still showed up in JPAS. Like holy hell we will crucify a good Soldier for plugging the printer in the wrong color cable… but hey you actively ignored and moved stuff either through neglect or deliberate effort… oh no big deal. Please by all means keep your lively hood.

Absolutely Insane. And now we have 2 dem and 2 GOP fuck ups so it's basically a classified cornhole wash where no one gains or loses any points. My bet is no one gets prosecuted at all. 

Sad when principles are so far gone that mishandling classified only matters to politicians in so far as you can use it to bludgeon your opponents. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Dude.  This is why I like you.

12 hours ago, Prozac said:

Ok. Does being pro-evolution make you not a Christian? I mean, it’s all right there in the Bible. Who are you to pick and choose what you get to believe? BTW, this is one of the biggest problems I have with religion in general: For some people, it’s about a personal relationship with God and morality, and a vehicle for growing as a human being. Cool. For too many others though, it’s a bludgeon to hammer others with for not abiding their own personal beliefs.

I also wonder how many of the fervent naysayers are Catholic. I grew up in the Catholic Church and, in my experience, beliefs of church officials vary widely by geography and demographics. It’s a rather large organization if you weren’t aware and a Catholic parishioner in Guatemala probably has some very different views and beliefs than one in Colorado, who, in turn will seem very strange indeed to one in Papua New Guinea. 

Additionally, I find it ironic that many who are currently criticizing Biden’s religious beliefs…also cheerfully voted for Donald Trump, probably the least religious, most unethical president this country has ever had. I chalk it up as yet another attempt to make the argument that “yeah, we elected an absolute slimeball, but look! Joe Biden is just as slimy, if not slimier!” Sorry, but conservatives are only fooling conservatives on that one. Ever wonder why, before he was elected president, Joe Biden was considered one of the most likable, least polarizing politicians in Washington, but now all of a sudden, he’s the devil incarnate? Hmmmmm. 🤔 Back to your echo chambers. 

Joe Biden was never likeable. He was always a racist, misogynistic, bumbling moron who was just trying to find more young women to sniff.  What you said about Trump and what I said about Biden can be true at the same time you know. The difference is the country did very well under one of those two…and it’s not Mr. Sniffs. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, brabus said:

This isn’t that hard, just put it in a WUG dorm microwave and you’re fine. Do we have to hold their hand on everything!

When I went through WIC every WUG had a SCIF in their Nellis Inn room.  It was cleverly disguised as a small wooden cabinet with a lock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, arg said:

Okay, genuine question. What would you do if a bus with a few was dropped off in front of your house.

If in front of my house I would check to see if they needed food or water, then let them know the nearest town was 20 miles north.

Don't know about NSPlayer, but I'm also very pro-immigration.  But I don't think that means we just bus people in and dump them in a random city.

We have visa processes for work visas and student visas.  My step 1 would be to keep and expedite those processes while removing the caps.  Anyone who wants to work or study in the US can, but you don't get a visa until you show you've got a job or you've been accepted by a university.

Anyone who graduates from an American college, no matter what country they're from, no longer has to leave and re-apply for a work visa.  Upon graduation, you get 1 year to find and keep a job.  If you have a job a year after graduation, it's an automatic renewal of your visa.  Keep a job in the US for three years or more, we offer you citizenship (as long as you pass the other requirements).

I'd scrap the whole H1-B program.  You wanna work, someone wants to hire you, come on in.  No reason to limit it just to "specific technical knowledge".

The part that would be real unpopular with Dems is that I would invest HUGE amounts of money into Customs and Border Patrol so that we can expedite these visas.  There's no reason in a country with as much wealth as we have, with so many employers begging for workers, that people should be waiting over a year to immigrate legally.  Make it quick, fast, and cheap, pretty soon you simplify your problems - the only people coming in illegally are the ones looking to do something illegal.  Getting a visa should be much closer to getting a driver's license or a passport than the years-long process we currently have.

• Like 1

You can just make a vault in your closet.  That's where I keep all of the SKL's I kept forgetting to give back after loading the codes.  The classified documents I kept are hanging on display near my shadow box.  I sold a few to one of my Chinese friends because he pays good money for them.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GrndPndr said:

Not to break the train of documents here, there's this from today.  The video (Published by the WH) is subtle, but scary:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/25/biden-mislabels-ukraine-as-aggressor-while-announcing-tanks-to-kyiv/

I bet every time he speaks on live TV, his Chief of Staff/Staffers hold their breath with their fingers crossed. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Pooter said:

The process is actually super easy. Don't take ing classified to your house. If you can't manage that with your bloated staff of god-knows-how-many brown nosing aides you have no business running a country. 

Concur.

12 hours ago, SocialD said:

I bet every time he speaks on live TV, his Chief of Staff/Staffers hold their breath with their fingers crossed. 

I'll bet every time he speaks on live TV, that sign language chick thinks it'll be her last day, and just GOES for it.

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2023 at 1:10 PM, nsplayr said:

And my argument is that supporting a government policy that bans abortion (or allows abortion) is not a critical aspect of being Catholic or Christian. Depending on your denomination and etc. you probably shouldn’t actually have an abortion yourself, but merely supporting a government policy on the subject one way or another is not the same thing. And the Pope has said as much WRT Catholics, case closed.

Yes, if you claimed to be Muslim and then said Mohammed isn’t a profit of God…ok well then you’re not really a Muslim. But super inside-baseball doctrine where there is a variety of opinion AND the head of the faith says it’s not critical…again, case closed.

Good grief.  These are two of the best paragraphs I've ever read that support the notion that religion is completely made up and anything goes.  Abortion is a pretty morality based topic.  To state that you could go either way on that and still be Christian...wow.  BTW...Catholics = Christians.  Protestants/Catholics are Christians just like Sunnis and Shi'ites are Islamic.

Here's a gem: "And the Pope has said as much WRT Catholics, case closed."  Doesn't having a human being on earth here today making such proclamations violate the first commandment?  Do you really base your moral compass on what some dude in the Vatican is spewing?  

Here's another one: "But super inside-baseball doctrine where there is a variety of opinion AND the head of the faith says it’s not critical…again, case closed."  First off, super inside baseball doctrine is obviously a farce.  Second, do you believe that kings and emperors and popes are divinely anointed?  The "head" of the faith?  Pray tell, who gave him that BS title?  I didn't.  He sure as heck isn't head of anything in my world. 

I struggle in 2023 to understand how Americans, who rejected the notion of the divinely appointed kings and emperors (and included a prohibition against the gov't awarding titles of nobility in our constitution), how do Americans recognize the pope?  He was awarded a title of nobility by cardinals.  And now you have people like yourself saying things like the pope said it, "case closed."

You are a very strange liberal.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, filthy_liar said:

Words...

You are a very strange liberal.

Look, your knowledge of religion in general seems low, as does your specific understanding of the Catholic church. Thanks for telling me that Protestants and Catholics are both Christians though.

image.png.539f95f982970cc377eec70b51dac6de.png

I'm not seeing a ton of value in engaging with you on this anymore. Here's my debrief:

DFP: there's a lack of the baseline knowledge required to progress

IF: get back in the books

Overall: it must be Tuesday because this one's gonna be a taco, and you can try the ride again next time with a different IP. Good luck.

Edited by nsplayr