The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

15 hours ago, Pooter said:

If republicans were coordinated, or proactive, or serious in any way about winning an election ever again.. this would be the moment to strongly distance from trump.  

I don't trust the polls any more but most polls shows his support has crumbled.  Numerous polls show Desantis favored over Trump nearly 2:1.  Way way early but if Trump continues his candidacy (he is too much of a narcissist to quick now), it would be in the best interest of all if he gets trounced in the early primaries so the GOP can focus on a Desantis/Haley ticket. 

Also, interesting on DNC side with the hardcore Left urging Joe to declare now.  I would have though they would delay and if his decline continues they can insert lunatic Gavin in his place.

• Upvote 1

He’s not stupid.  He garnered such a huge following and won the election because he was not part of the machine.  He stood there and told Hillary to her face that “she’d be in jail”.  Your average American had been waiting for someone - anyone to say that to someone like Hillary Clinton.  He followed that campaign with a massive number of successful policies.  And the machine went all in on him.  He could have gotten up off the mat, dusted himself off, learned from the experience and came back with a stronger message.   But he didn’t.  He’s selling trading cards and continues to make outlandish claims.  Which is why I don’t think he’s serious about running again even though he announced his candidacy.  And that’s ok with me.  

Edited by lloyd christmas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

Comments like these blow my mind. 

"Stupid probably isn't one of them." 

?????

Have you ever heard him speak?

'Stupid' is his most obvious and immediately identifiable trait. (.... granted, it's neck-and-neck with 'narcisist,' 'ego maniac,' and 'petulant child.')

The people who don't think he's stupid are either a) genuinely too stupid themselves to recognize stupidity in others, or b) eager to pretend he's something he's not.

The latter are the same crowd that buy flags, t-shirts, and these digital cards depicting him as some sort of fantasy ripped Adonis superhero, when in reality he's an obese, disheveled 76-year old with man tits and a combover.

Let me put it another way: He’s not stupid (and quite shameless apparently) when it comes to manipulating others for his own personal gain. Agreed that he has otherwise said and done some monumentally dumb shit. 

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I don't trust the polls any more but most polls shows his support has crumbled.  Numerous polls show Desantis favored over Trump nearly 2:1.  Way way early but if Trump continues his candidacy (he is too much of a narcissist to quick now), it would be in the best interest of all if he gets trounced in the early primaries so the GOP can focus on a Desantis/Haley ticket. 

Also, interesting on DNC side with the hardcore Left urging Joe to declare now.  I would have though they would delay and if his decline continues they can insert lunatic Gavin in his place.

I agree but, more than likely, Trump will not win the GOP primary over DeSantis and will then run as a 3rd party candidate and will bring enough votes with him to ensure a Biden (or whoever) victory. Trump certainly isn’t capable of just quietly walking away. 

• Upvote 1

Ever notice that the people claiming that Trump isn't stupid always try to demonstrate it by implication?  Always.  The two most popular, paraphrased, are:

-"Trump can't be stupid, he won an election."

-"Trump is a billionaire.... no way you get that much money by being an idiot."

Imagine if we applied this to the AF: 

-"Lt Col Smith must be smart and a great pilot.... no way you get to be a Sq/CC if you're not."

-"Gen Jones is a great leader.  Afterall, he made General."

Hopefully you can see how flawed that logic is.  There are plenty of ways that average or even below-average people can ascend to high positions. 

Besides, the people making these claims by implication only want them to apply to Trump.  They seem to forget that Biden and Nancy and all the others they think are braindead also met this criteria of winning elections and amassing tons of money. 

Try to point to something Trump's said that only a smart person could say. 

*His zinger's on the debate stage were good.  He said unconventional things and drew lots of applause.  But they didn't require higher-than-average intelligence.  It doesn't take smarts to call Rosie O'Donnel a pig or make fun of Jeb Bush or to call your opponents disparaging nicknames.  This is evidence of his pettiness and childishness, not intelligence. 

I really look up to several instructors, professors, engineers, and doctors I've been around in my life.  I knew they were intelligent not because of their title or rank.  I knew because, when they spoke, it was immediately clear that they had an above average ability to learn, to teach, to problem solve, to assimilate information, to communicate, etc.

There are politicians that fit that description too, but certainly not all.

What has Trump ever said that leads you to believe he possesses those qualities?

Edited by SpeedOfHeat

25 minutes ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

Ever notice that the people claiming that Trump isn't stupid always try to demonstrate it by implication?  Always.  The two most popular, paraphrased, are:

The 'evidence' of Trump's intelligence is always implied rather than formally expressed.

It is a little ironic that you call out people saying he's smart by implication, yet don't actually offer any formal evidence that he's not smart...

Not saying I entirely disagree with you.  If you compare Trump to other political leaders and businessmen, I don't think he stands out amongst that group as abnormally intelligent.  However, he clearly has people and street smarts as he has been regularly able to manipulate and set people/systems up to his advantage.  If you want formal evidence of this, we're still talking about him two years after he lost his reelection campaign.  How many people were talking about George Bush two years after he lost to Clinton?  He keeps himself in the news when it would be far better for the country for him to fade off into retirement.

1 hour ago, Smokin said:

It is a little ironic that you call out people saying he's smart by implication, yet don't actually offer any formal evidence that he's not smart...

Not saying I entirely disagree with you.  If you compare Trump to other political leaders and businessmen, I don't think he stands out amongst that group as abnormally intelligent.  However, he clearly has people and street smarts as he has been regularly able to manipulate and set people/systems up to his advantage.  If you want formal evidence of this, we're still talking about him two years after he lost his reelection campaign.  How many people were talking about George Bush two years after he lost to Clinton?  He keeps himself in the news when it would be far better for the country for him to fade off into retirement.

I think rather than ‘smart’, the more fitting term for him is ‘shrewd’.  He owes a lot of whatever success he’s had in life (which can be debated….celebrity doesn’t equal success in my book) to his willingness to to walk all over others and be an absolute chameleon. Don’t forget that the guy who turned the Supreme Court into a conservative juggernaut was once a pro-abortion Democrat. He saw his ‘in’ as the anti-establishment guy and adapted himself appropriately. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Sim said:

He served himself up on a platter. You’re surprised people are now carving him up? 🤔 I’m curious as to what your reaction would have been to a Hillary NFT card deck while Trump was still in office. I imagine the conservative reaction to something like that would make Trump’s recent critics look quite civil. 

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

He served himself up on a platter. You’re surprised people are now carving him up? 🤔 I’m curious as to what your reaction would have been to a Hillary NFT card deck while Trump was still in office. I imagine the conservative reaction to something like that would make Trump’s recent critics look quite civil. 

We just learned that federal government ignored the constitution and trampled 1st amendment of own citizens - not a single person is talking about it. An actual collusion with receipts. 

But we are talking about how ex POTUS made 4.5 mil in 12 hours with cringe fake-coins (which are now worth 600% of original value). 

🙄

Edited by Sim
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Prozac said:

He saw his ‘in’ as the anti-establishment guy and adapted himself appropriately. 

And that's why I voted for him twice. The establishment needs to get gone.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sim said:

We just learned that federal government ignored the constitution and trampled 1st amendment of own citizens - not a single person is talking about it. An actual collusion with receipts. 

But we are talking about how ex POTUS made 4.5 mil in 12 hours with cringe fake-coins (which are now worth 600% of original value). 

🙄

Most people are partisans and don't actually care unless they can manipulate a story to support their political aims. That's the state our country has grown into. The truth no longer matters, rather "your own truth" matters and the truth you can successfully construct a narrative around is the only one of importance. Ironically, from reading the internal discussions, that is exactly the attitude that slowly allowed Twitter to spin off course into ignoring company policy and guidelines to support their own political biased. While we don't have access to the FBIs internal records I'm almost certain their conversations were similarly structured as they twisted and departed acceptable expectations of a politically neutral federal unit. 

Edited by FLEA
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, arg said:

Quoting myself for uhhello. Not sure how you can laugh at that. You like the establishment? If you do then please defend it. There are some old timers on this board that have seen the establishment/deep state first hand while working at the five sided building.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, arg said:

You miss the point. He doesn’t represent you or your values. He only plays at it because that’s what you and so many others wanted to hear.

Like it or not, “the establishment” is a framework of necessary evils we get to work within. I don’t care much for it either, but the “establishment” in the United States currently beats all the other options out there. Even a president isn’t going to burn it all down in one or two terms and the idea that one might is the ultimate fools errand. Like it or not, burning the “establishment” down puts our country in a much shittier position than it’s currently in. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Prozac said:

You miss the point. He doesn’t represent you or your values. He only plays at it because that’s what you and so many others wanted to hear.

Like it or not, “the establishment” is a framework of necessary evils we get to work within. I don’t care much for it either, but the “establishment” in the United States currently beats all the other options out there. Even a president isn’t going to burn it all down in one or two terms and the idea that one might is the ultimate fools errand. Like it or not, burning the “establishment” down puts our country in a much shittier position than it’s currently in. 

Er.... Noone on Capital hill represents anyone here's values. Lol, they represent themselves. If you think otherwise you are as naive as anyone else. The "establishment" isn't designed for people like you Prozac. It is designed to reciprocate a mechanism of power to benefit certain individuals above all others. 

Edited by FLEA

18 hours ago, O Face said:

I agree but, more than likely, Trump will not win the GOP primary over DeSantis and will then run as a 3rd party candidate and will bring enough votes with him to ensure a Biden (or whoever) victory. Trump certainly isn’t capable of just quietly walking away. 

I don’t think Republicans will just let Trump run as a 3rd Party. They will make whatever deal they would have to. That would be a real shitty situation. Another reason we should have rank/preferential voting instead of winner takes all. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, arg said:

Quoting myself for uhhello. Not sure how you can laugh at that. You like the establishment? If you do then please defend it. There are some old timers on this board that have seen the establishment/deep state first hand while working at the five sided building.

I laughed because I'm wondering what "establishment" he got rid of?  It seems like he just brought his own version of people doing the same things under his admin.  I was all for him and the potential shakeup/change he was going to bring.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, uhhello said:

I laughed because I'm wondering what "establishment" he got rid of?  It seems like he just brought his own version of people doing the same things under his admin.  I was all for him and the potential shakeup/change he was going to bring.  

I don't know of any right off hand. Seemed like he was trying. He did shake things up though.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, uhhello said:

He was trying to make the change from swamp to outright nepotism. 

On 12/17/2022 at 8:20 PM, arg said:

On 12/18/2022 at 12:00 AM, Prozac said:

Like it or not, “the establishment” is a framework of necessary evils we get to work within. I don’t care much for it either, but the “establishment” in the United States currently beats all the other options out there.

I think for most on this board, "the establishment" has been a relatively decent deal.  Decent pay, benefits, retirement, etc.

There is an entire subsection of this country that has been more or less run over by the "establishment" over the past 30 years.  Humans, on the whole, are good at sensing what's fair and what's not.  And people have seen decades now of unfair behavior; of all the money and wealth flowing up, and nothing but poverty and pain coming down.  Trump was able to tap into that demographic.  Believe it or not, Bernie did something similar, albeit from a different angle (money and social programs for all!!!!).  The DNC was able to shut down Bernie, but the RNC didn't (or couldn't) stop Trump.  Combine all that with the competition being the most establishment candidate out there in Hillary Clinton, and that's how you ended up with Trump in the Oval Office.

16 hours ago, arg said:

I don't know of any right off hand. Seemed like he was trying. He did shake things up though.

Trump wanted to portray himself as slaying all the swamp demons.  I have no doubt that, behind closed doors, he was beholden to the age-old Golden Rule as every other politician (as in, those who have the gold, make the rules).  This blogger does a decent job of pointing out some of the promises that evaporated as soon as he was elected.  Particularly how Trump's campaign website had three distinct bullet points about promises to eliminate medical monopolies, that were subsequently deleted within 15 minutes of the election being called for him in 2016.

Realistically though, he was in many ways over-powered by the swamp.  He reportedly explored firing Dr. Fauci as our Covid response floundered, only to find that even as President, he didn't have the power to unilaterally remove him.

In his final days in office, he put forth an order to create a new job category for civil service (Schedule F) which would include all govt employees who were in "policy related" positions.  Employees in these position would be able to be removed at the whim of the President.  Critics decried it as something to be abused by the Executive Branch, and described a scenario of the the federal bureaucracy being packed with the President's patronage hires after every election, which granted, the power was there.  More importantly though, Schedule F would give the executive branch some level of a check on the obscene level of power held by unelected bureaucrats.  Your average swamp creature leans left, and we're at this strange point in our history where we have this bizarre, hugely powerful, yet unelected administrative state.  

Schedule F got slow-rolled, and then quickly cancelled when Biden took office.  It continues to be brought up in the press as something that would be "The End of Days" for American Civil Service, threatening national security, Mom's apple pie, and all kinds of other things.  I hope it gains traction again at some point in the future.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The serial liar that is Joe Biden is now being called out by the Australian press and this lie is a whopper.  In a heart strings pulling story he claims to have personally awarded his uncle the Purple Heart while he was the Vice President.  Only one problem, it never happened, his uncle died NINE years before Biden was elected VP.  Standing by for "whataboutism", it's "Trump's fault" and other excuses from the left.  Of all things to lie about, what a douche canoe.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

The serial liar that is Joe Biden is now being called out by the Australian press and this lie is a whopper.  In a heart strings pulling story he claims to have personally awarded his uncle the Purple Heart while he was the Vice President.  Only one problem, it never happened, his uncle died NINE years before Biden was elected VP.  Standing by for "whataboutism", it's "Trump's fault" and other excuses from the left.  Of all things to lie about, what a douche canoe.

bigvalor.jpg.d207b52a4729eabab2230bc42e098196.jpg