The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

1 hour ago, Sim said:

“a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye.” is a conspiracy theory?  

Impressive exhibit! 

Man somebody should pay you to curate a list of batshit alt-right obscure no name "news" sites. The links you come up with make newsmax and oan look reputable by comparison. 

Why didn't Paul Pelosi "run away" from his attacker? Must be some giant conspiracy.. or perhaps.. and hear me out on this one because it's pretty wild.. he didn't scamper away because he's eighty-fucking-two years old

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Man somebody should pay you to curate a list of batshit alt-right obscure no name "news" sites. The links you come up with make newsmax and oan look reputable by comparison. 

Why didn't Paul Pelosi "run away" from his attacker? Must be some giant conspiracy.. or perhaps.. and hear me out on this one because it's pretty wild.. he didn't scamper away because he's eighty-fucking-two years old

Bro everything about the “official version” of that story smells like ass.  Elon said what anybody with common sense was thinking.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

Bro everything about the “official version” of that story smells like ass.  Elon said what anybody with common sense was thinking.

Not to mention the NBC reporter, who was there with the breaking news, has apparently vanished and NBC suddenly has a newfound respect for “accurate” reporting. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pooter said:

Doesn't take a billionaire investor galaxy brain to tell that things aren't going swimmingly over at twitter right now.  But you keep telling yourself Elon is playing 4D chess as he posts pictures of handguns on his nightstand as twitter valuation tanks, they roll-out and then immediately retract features, and 14 of the top 50 largest advertisers on the platform pull chocks.

To be fair.  Twitter hasn't looked good from a financial perspective, ever.  It simply isn't a profitable business, and its "valuation" has always been nonsense.

Also, characterizing a muzzle loading pistol (alongside a picture of Washington crossing the Delaware) and a sci-fi video game prop (from a game in which totalitarian corporations rule the world) as a picture of "handguns" is well, missing the point I guess.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, arg said:

The fact that this administration said they are keeping an eye on twitter should scare the shit out of you.

I earnestly would be but honestly I believe Joe thinks Twitter is his nieces pet farm chicken. 

5 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Unless she’s drastically changed her position on the issues, that’s a hard pass for me.  

She is trying to convince us just that - she's changed her position. She's an inverse Charlie Crist and I think her real staying power will be about the same.

Edited by nunya

Ok, I'll admit I don't agree with many of her positions.  If I'm honest, I've NEVER found an actual electable politician that I agree with on most topics.  Of all the options out there, she seems intelligent, articulate, clearly hasn't had a stroke, is willing to discuss difficult topics without equivocating on terms, and seems willing to compromise where it's necessary.  That list would eliminate most of our current politicians.  Hell, she stood up to 3 hours getting asked hard(ish) questions by Jocko.  That's got to count for something.  Imagine Biden, Pelosi, Fetterman or AOC doing that.  Is she my favorite?  Nope.  But I'd take her and Dan Crenshaw in a heartbeat over the asshats we currently have in power.

4 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Unless she’s drastically changed her position on the issues, that’s a hard pass for me.  

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/candidates-views-on-the-issues/tulsi-gabbard/

Who would you prefer?

Edited by FourFans130
  • Upvote 3

It appears that Tulsi is just maturing and gaining wisdom as she ages. The left’s ideology is shown hollow and without foundation as you gain wisdom and experience. When you abandon any absolute truth, there is nothing left…it becomes all about feelings. I’m glad she’s continuing to grow.

I like her and would guess that we’d agree on things and disagree on things, just like any two people would. I’d take her as a leader over most anybody else in current political leadership in our country.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

Ok, I'll admit I don't agree with many of her positions.  If I'm honest, I've NEVER found an actual electable politician that I agree with on most topics.  Of all the options out there, she seems intelligent, articulate, clearly hasn't had a stroke, is willing to discuss difficult topics without equivocating on terms, and seems willing to compromise where it's necessary.  That list would eliminate most of our current politicians.  Hell, she stood up to 3 hours getting asked hard(ish) questions by Jocko.  That's got to count for something.  Imagine Biden, Pelosi, Fetterman or AOC doing that.  Is she my favorite?  Nope.  But I'd take her and Dan Crenshaw in a heartbeat over the asshats we currently have in power.

Who would you prefer?

Well, let’s see…I would prefer someone who:

1. Doesn’t want to ban AR-15s and similar type sporting rifles

2.  Doesn’t want to require backgound checks for private sales…and essentially then creating a registry

3. Didn’t support Bernie Sanders

4. Didn’t endorse Joe Biden

5. Doesn’t support ending cash bail

6. Doesn’t support raising the federal min wage to $15/hr (pre-covid btw)

7. Doesn’t support forcing businesses to provide for family paid sick leave, etc

8. Doesn’t support “free” college…ie forcing taxpayers to pay someone else’s tuition 

9. Doesn’t want forced closure of existing nuclear power plants 

10. Doesn’t support “Medicare for all”

…I can go on, if you’d like?

As for who I would support…ummm, a lot of people over her.  Rand Paul?  Ron DeSantis? Chris Sununu?  Nikki Haley?

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Well, let’s see…I would prefer someone who:

1. Doesn’t want to ban AR-15s and similar type sporting rifles

2.  Doesn’t want to require backgound checks for private sales…and essentially then creating a registry

3. Didn’t support Bernie Sanders

4. Didn’t endorse Joe Biden

5. Doesn’t support ending cash bail

6. Doesn’t support raising the federal min wage to $15/hr (pre-covid btw)

7. Doesn’t support forcing businesses to provide for family paid sick leave, etc

8. Doesn’t support “free” college…ie forcing taxpayers to pay someone else’s tuition 

9. Doesn’t want forced closure of existing nuclear power plants 

10. Doesn’t support “Medicare for all”

…I can go on, if you’d like?

As for who I would support…ummm, a lot of people over her.  Rand Paul?  Ron DeSantis? Chris Sununu?  Nikki Haley?

I'm guessing you didn't listen to the podcast. 

Yes, I'd like those guys as well.  I seriously hope Trump doesn't get the RNC's nomination so a rational adult with a concept of humility can run instead.  But I digress.  Gabbard clearly doesn't fit in any red or blue box.  Important to me personally: Listening to her speak her opinions in a long form setting it's obvious, she's not a tyrant.  Sure, I'd prefer a more conservative leader.  But she actually learns and is willing to change her opinions on topics.  If she's willing to grow and evolve, I think she deserves the benefit of the doubt.  Where she used to stand is not where she's standing now. 

What's more, I'm willing to bet that she has a rational reason for each of her positions.  Like an ACTUAL rational, thought out reason.  Political figures like that today are few and far between.  I'll gladly take an 'opponent' like that instead of Fetterman, Biden, or Pelosi any day.  We as conservatives are going to have to realize that finding common ground to move forward as a nation first requires us choose NOT to die on EVERY SINGLE HILL in the political landscape.  It requires persuasion and compromise.  (yes there are hills to die on, such as transing kids, and teaching CRT to the military, vaccine mandates, etc... but I didn't see any of those big ticket items on your list, but then, everyone's list is different)

I specifically hope to see the Democrat party lean more like Gabbard, and the Republican party lean more like Crenshaw.  Going hard over Left or Right only leads to tyranny.  Yes, the Left is going absolutely nuts right now in our country, but people forget that the Right can do that just as bad.  The 50's red scare was very much a product of the political Right, and it led to horrific tyranny of a sort in our country.  I'm a history nerd, and I see a lot of parallels in the Right's media narrative leaning that way right now.  It's not healthy.

I'd enjoy listening to Gabbard and Crenshaw debate all those topics you listed.  I'll have to see if they've podcasted together.

Edited by FourFans130
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

I specifically hope to see the Democrat party lean more like Gabbard, and the Republican party lean more like Crenshaw. 

Note that both of those individuals served. We most definitely need more of that. Amazing what you can do when you realize you have some common goals even if you disagree on how to get there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

To those that criticize Musk, fair. I wouldn't name my kid that either.  But the problem with Musk is that he understands disruption better than anyone else on earth except maybe Bezos.  He knew exactly what he was doing when he bought twtr.  He knew the challenges, he knew the landscape, and if you look at what he's done in other sectors, he knows what he has to do to overcome all of the obstacles that are in his way.  Just like he knew how to convince LA that he wanted to "dig a hole in the ground."  In friggin LA.  And love or hate the guy, he worked his ass off to keep tesla going in 2008.  He has vision and he has a work ethic, and he produces. That's pretty American.  We'll see what happens.  I'd bet on Musk.

BTW - electric cars suck.  When one of them (or a gas engine car) can drive me completely from A to B autonomously then we'll talk.  I mean literally and legally drive me from A to B autonomously.  Hyped up garbage to this point.  I'll keep my gas guzzler for now.  

On 12/1/2022 at 12:22 AM, arg said:

The fact that this administration said they are keeping an eye on twitter should scare the shit out of you.

After what Elon released last night (with more to follow today), how could anyone ever trust the government again?  The First Amendment is first for a reason.  Freedom of speech, one of our most basic rights attacked by our own government and political parties.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I get really irritated with the “election denier” claims that are made against people by the media.  It’s the end of democracy blah blah blah.  Their defense is always to go on the offense.  It was absolutely crystal clear during that election cycle that there was interference going on.  And it wasn’t the Russians on behalf of Trump like we were told for years and years.  The election was rigged by social media, the mainstream media, the Democrat Party and 3 letter agencies of the government.  Trump was crushed by the machine while Biden was propped up.  All while suppressing Hunter’s shenanigans and business dealings.  It’s all going to start coming out starting with what Musk is doing with Twitter.  

And it’s not like we got anything good out of it.  This administration is an absolute train wreck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

They are trying really hard to turn this into a one party country.  They (most dems) are truly a mindless cult.  There are mindless cult Republicans as well but they don't have the same voice as the Dems.  

I don't like either party.  They're all full of shit.   I used to just vote for who's beliefs were the "most" in line with mine.  But as the days pass, I find my ✔️ marks going to the Republicans more and more.   The Democratic party is not longer alive.   It should change its name.   

I really hope we can remove corruption from the US government but we all know how history books reflect the opposite.  Too many idiots to change this country.  

Look at CA.  We voted for the status quo.  We complain about how it sucks here and vote for the same fxcking idiots who led us here.  LA county put your masks back on!!!!

As the Twitter files finally see the light of day it is more and more obvious that Big Tech, the DNC and the FBI changed the outcome of the election...and they continue to shape the social media narrative.  January 6th was horrific, a stain on American democracy, but what happened during the election was in fact a stolen election.  I don't use those words lightly and I would never want to give Trump more hate to spew to the masses but recent polls about the laptop show that had the voters known the truth about the laptop the outcome would have been different.

Several studies and reports have concluded that if the Laptop information had not been suppressed and been actually  reported to most voters, Trump would have had 311 Electoral College votes.

outlook-cidimage00.png

outlook-cidimage00-2.png

Others polls are also very telling:

1.  79% say ‘truthful’ coverage of Hunter Biden’s laptop would have changed 2020 election.

2.  A similar percentage also said they’re convinced that information on the computer is real, with just 11% saying they thought it was “created by Russia,” according to the survey conducted by the New Jersey-based Technometrica Institute of Policy and Politics.

3.  The poll found 65% of voters believe it is “likely” President Biden was consulted about — and potentially even profited from — his son’s foreign deals. By contrast, 28% say it’s unlikely Biden was involved in Hunter’s business dealings at all.

And before we put all the blame on Big Tech lets not forget the FBI was weaponized to change the outcome of an American Presidential election.  "Zuckerberg tells Rogan FBI warning prompted Biden laptop story censorship"

Twitter.jpg.a4c9687ab80d2518e910e65f57885e2e.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1