The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

I guess the next AZ gov won just like Biden won, just stay in basement and run from your opponent. I'm done. I no hope for my country when the young people vote the least common denominator. Cut your nuts off, sew your vagina up, kill the next generation in the womb, my body my choice except when it comes to covid vacs. Call for farming to end while you're wearing clothes made out of cotton.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, brabus said:

As a conservative, I 100% agree with Pooter. The quality GOP candidates handed ass. The low quality candidates lost embarrassingly. Quality matters, even McConnell said it, of all people. 

The GOP is run by old people who appeal to…old people. It’s time for conservatives under 50 (hell I’ll take under 60), to take control of this shitshow (especially at local levels) and actually bring policies and plans to the people that they care about/want. There are millions of conservatives out there who I believe offer substantially better ideas than their Dem counterparts, but those individuals need to step up and lead - time for Grandpa and Grandma to step back and let those of us who don’t live in 1950 take a swing at the plate.

Sounds like a great opportunity for Ron DeSantis.  There was a Red Wave…in Florida.  Now granted the population is probably swayed by the retirees but a ton of young Latinos voted conservative as well. 

7 hours ago, dream big said:

Sounds like a great opportunity for Ron DeSantis.  There was a Red Wave…in Florida.  Now granted the population is probably swayed by the retirees but a ton of young Latinos voted conservative as well. 

I think another big reason for the wave in FL is all the people who have moved there in the past couple years fleeing dumpster fire states ran by Dems. They know how bad it is to live in a state with shit policies, so they voted accordingly. 

I really hope Desantis runs and Trump exits stage right (forced if required). The biggest problem besides his ego preventing a clean exit is the 60+ crowd in the GOP who keep feeding his ego. They are equally responsible for continuing to push the “Trump 2024” mantra. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

15 hours ago, Pooter said:

Funny.. til you reflect for one second and remember Republican candidate quality is such hot dumpster fire garbage that they just lost to the stroke victim they're mocking.

Whoopsie! Maybe next time conservatives can find a candidate whose batshit crazy factor is low enough to beat the guy that literally can't string together an English sentence.

Some of us have been saying (for a few years now) the way forward for republicans is to ditch trump, 2020 denial, and going nuts on social issues.  Didn't need a blown midterm election to figure that one out.

The absolute irony is Uncle Joe stood at the podium and screamed MAGA was a threat to democracy while his party spent millions promoting those same MAGA candidates in the primaries.  Maintain power by any means possible. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, brabus said:

As a conservative, I 100% agree with Pooter. The quality GOP candidates handed ass. The low quality candidates lost embarrassingly. Quality matters, even McConnell said it, of all people. 

The GOP is run by old people who appeal to…old people. It’s time for conservatives under 50 (hell I’ll take under 60), to take control of this shitshow (especially at local levels) and actually bring policies and plans to the people that they care about/want. There are millions of conservatives out there who I believe offer substantially better ideas than their Dem counterparts, but those individuals need to step up and lead - time for Grandpa and Grandma to step back and let those of us who don’t live in 1950 take a swing at the plate.

Agree entirely, but it's unlikely to happen. They set us on a crash course then didn't procreate. It'll be nearly impossible to replace them with votes, since old people have nothing else to do but vote for more benefits.

We just have to wait for them to die and hope the damage is contained.

1 hour ago, brabus said:

I think another big reason for the wave in FL is all the people who have moved there in the past couple years fleeing dumpster fire states ran by Dems. They know how bad it is to live in a state with shit policies, so they voted accordingly. 

I really hope Desantis runs and Trump exits stage right (forced if required). The biggest problem besides his ego preventing a clean exit is the 60+ crowd in the GOP who keep feeding his ego. They are equally responsible for continuing to push the “Trump 2024” mantra. 

I have a mix of relatives across the spectrum (age and ideology) in Florida with warm weather and no state income tax as the biggest motivator. I honestly can't argue their point.

3 hours ago, brabus said:

I could be wrong but it seems Trump's popularity is finally waning.  Some of the local stations have were doing street interviews after the mid-terms, hardly a statistically pure poll but at least 80% of the respondents said "yeah I like Trump's policies but he needs to step aside." 

He already sees Desantis as a threat and has been striking out, the real polls the past few weeks reflect his concern as they have taken a dramatic swing toward Desantis.  In a poll released yesterday Texas GOP voters prefer Desantis by 66%.  Nationwide more than half of GOP voters prefer Desantis.  It is a long two years, but maybe the end of Trump and is in sight...although we all know he won't go quietly or with any class.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

I could be wrong but it seems Trump's popularity is finally waning.  Some of the local stations have were doing street interviews after the mid-terms, hardly a statistically pure poll but at least 80% of the respondents said "yeah I like Trump's policies but he needs to step aside." 

He already sees Desantis as a threat and has been striking out, the real polls the past few weeks reflect his concern as they have taken a dramatic swing toward Desantis.  In a poll released yesterday Texas GOP voters prefer Desantis by 66%.  Nationwide more than half of GOP voters prefer Desantis.  It is a long two years, but maybe the end of Trump and is in sight...although we all know he won't go quietly or with any class.

The Republicans need him out of the picture entirely. If he runs on a third party ticket he’ll split the conservative vote and sink the Republican candidate. That’s their main problem for the foreseeable future. They’ve created this monster and actively courted a voting block that would’ve been shunned in years prior. Now they can’t win without that block and it makes it really hard (giggidy) to push Trump and candidates like him out. I agree that DeSantis can appeal to a good portion of the Trump crowd, but if the Donald actively turns on him, he’s screwed. The Republicans have opened Pandora’s box & sold the soul of their party to win an election. Time to reap the whirlwind.

And before anyone accuses me of gloating, I’m not. I want to see strong, high quality Republicans because that’ll force the Democrats to up their game too. Unfortunately, if the D’s see a split Republican ticket, they’ll have no motivation whatsoever to change the status quo. 

• Upvote 2

The question now - has Trump been vilified enough to affect conservative voters?  I refuse to say "MAGA Republicans," but that's who I'm referring-to here.

If true, the there might have an opportunity to be successful in ghosting Trump.  Wow, is that even a good thing?  I liked the way he ran the country, but like Meghan M., he just won't stop being all about himself.

To balance my post a bit, let me give you some of the lyrics from the old TV show:

"And that's Uncle Joe
He's a-movin' kind of slow
At the junction - Petticoat Junction" (now known as the White House)

Edited by GrndPndr

Trump’s political window has ended. The 2016 campaign was unique, because Hilary was despised by many more than him. Since his first term, and the years since then, the voters he needs (youth and suburban moms) will not vote for Trump. It benefits no one, besides his ego, to keep him in the conversation. His schtick has gotten old and tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

In a poll released yesterday Texas GOP voters prefer Desantis by 66%. 

Considering how blue the southern shit hole portion of the state is, as well as the shit hole metro areas are, plus the fact that Be(a)to(ff) actually garnered 43.8% of the vote versus Abbott's 54.8%; that statistic still gives me hope.  God bless Texas!

image.png.2a35e504cfcfb41fa9e632f09cbef22d.png

• Like 1

The world should be worried : Saudi Armaco - the world's largest oil producer has issued a dire warning over "Extremely Low" capacity.

ae849452294445709f7b8d287ec9df91

“When you erode that spare capacity the world should be worried. There will be no space for any hiccup — any interruption, any unforeseen events anywhere around the world.”

Good the the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is full....oh wait.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

The world should be worried : Saudi Armaco - the world's largest oil producer has issued a dire warning over "Extremely Low" capacity.

ae849452294445709f7b8d287ec9df91

“When you erode that spare capacity the world should be worried. There will be no space for any hiccup — any interruption, any unforeseen events anywhere around the world.”

Good the the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is full....oh wait.

Biden already said he wouldn’t change a thing going forward…so we shall see.

On 11/15/2022 at 11:53 AM, Prozac said:

And before anyone accuses me of gloating, I’m not. I want to see strong, high quality Republicans because that’ll force the Democrats to up their game too. Unfortunately, if the D’s see a split Republican ticket, they’ll have no motivation whatsoever to change the status quo. 

Prophetic words as the DNC appears to be doubling down on progressive extremism.  As Nancy slowly fades away (I doubt that will happen), the DNC has chosen their new leader in the house.  Lets take a look at the new DNC leader in the House.

He joined the Congressional Progressive Caucus and is one of their strongest supporters.  Jeffries was selected as one of the House Impeachment Managers for Democrats’ first effort to remove former President Trump.  In his closing argument before the Senate trial, Jeffries said that "acquitting Trump would be a death blow” to the Constitution."

In a recent interview with The Atlantic, he said that he approaches every issue “first and foremost with an understanding that systemic racism has been in the soil of America for over 400 years.” When fighting against Voter ID, Jeffries called for the Senate to “detonate the filibuster” and repeated the false and inflammatory claim that the rule is a “Jim Crow-era relic.” He has also said that Republicans are “part of a cult.” 

Seems like a nice guy they picked...should heal the divide in no time.

The Republicans appear to be doing the same especially in the Senate, sticking with Mitch is dumb...his only challenger Rick Scott was another poor choice.  In the house McCarthy in not a great choice, he is not as caustic but I fear he will get distracted with too many investigation.  We certainly need three investigations, the Laptop, Origin of COVID and the weaponization of government agencies like the Dept of Justice and more specifically the FBI...let the other stuff go and try to work on some meaningful legislation.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Prophetic words as the DNC appears to be doubling down on progressive extremism.  As Nancy slowly fades away (I doubt that will happen), the DNC has chosen their new leader in the house.  Lets take a look at the new DNC leader in the House.

He joined the Congressional Progressive Caucus and is one of their strongest supporters.  Jeffries was selected as one of the House Impeachment Managers for Democrats’ first effort to remove former President Trump.  In his closing argument before the Senate trial, Jeffries said that "acquitting Trump would be a death blow” to the Constitution."

In a recent interview with The Atlantic, he said that he approaches every issue “first and foremost with an understanding that systemic racism has been in the soil of America for over 400 years.” When fighting against Voter ID, Jeffries called for the Senate to “detonate the filibuster” and repeated the false and inflammatory claim that the rule is a “Jim Crow-era relic.” He has also said that Republicans are “part of a cult.” 

Seems like a nice guy they picked...should heal the divide in no time.

The Republicans appear to be doing the same especially in the Senate, sticking with Mitch is dumb...his only challenger Rick Scott was another poor choice.  In the house McCarthy in not a great choice, he is not as caustic but I fear he will get distracted with too many investigation.  We certainly need three investigations, the Laptop, Origin of COVID and the weaponization of government agencies like the Dept of Justice and more specifically the FBI...let the other stuff go and try to work on some meaningful legislation.

I would love them to first and foremost investigate our abject failure that was the withdrawal from Afghanistan. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I would love them to first and foremost investigate our abject failure that was the withdrawal from Afghanistan. 

No no… the fact that literally nobody in a position of responsibility resigned or was fired after people fell off our gawd damned airplanes trying to escape and you had Apaches literally herding people off the runway with their wheels (and took fire in a few occasions)….

Totally normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

On 11/18/2022 at 11:25 AM, dream big said:

On 11/19/2022 at 9:47 PM, Lawman said:

No no… the fact that literally nobody in a position of responsibility resigned or was fired after people fell off our gawd damned airplanes trying to escape and you had Apaches literally herding people off the runway with their wheels (and took fire in a few occasions)….

Totally normal.

Holding the right person accountable will require enough votes in November 2024. That said in all fairness I blame his predecessor for setting the wheels in motion. 

The real tragedy is the espousal of women's rights by certain political entities here when so many women were left hanging quite possibly literally by their leadership.

2 hours ago, fire4effect said:

Holding the right person accountable will require enough votes in November 2024. That said in all fairness I blame his predecessor for setting the wheels in motion. 

The real tragedy is the espousal of women's rights by certain political entities here when so many women were left hanging quite possibly literally by their leadership.

Every POTUS and their administration shares the blame in our failed Afghanistan strategy. The NEO, and leaving Americans and Allies behind, happened under the current administration. 

Every POTUS and their administration shares the blame in our failed Afghanistan strategy. The NEO, and leaving Americans and Allies behind, happened under the current administration. 

Along with that there were way to many people with Stars on that thought Biden would reverse what was happening so who needs a plan. And then like idiots we let the State Dep come up with a plan that had no red cell review from the way it fell apart. It’s like we wanted to make it harder.

I remember standing in a brief with a 2 star that told us despite the peace there was no appetite to move the group somewhere else. Our presence would be “enduring.”

• Upvote 1

https://www.foxnews.com/media/elon-musk-scorches-media-free-speech-asking-wh-monitor-twitter-messed

Let's make sure we use Federal resources to censor Twitter.   F-ing Twitter.   Democrats are now the party of censorship.  Who would have guessed?   The president and his cabinet are clowns.  Why don't we just ban Twitter?  It's harming so many lives.  People can't live unless Twitter tells them to.   Maybe it's our own fault for letting the internet control our thoughts?   Twitter and majority of social media platforms are the equivalent of high school gossip.  If you can't handle people (who you'll probably never meet) having a different opinion than you without getting the Feds involved, then there's something wrong.   This is obviously an issue because Elon is not playing ball with Joe and the censorship/feelings party.  The irony is they loved this dude a few years ago.  There were and are plenty of smug Tesla drivers everywhere  in  CA.   Now they have to turn their Teslas in because unlce Elon is now a "threat".  I think it's funny to think about them charging their cars at night and having to look at Elon's work in the process.  They have to drive the Telsas around knowing they are supporting Elon "Hitler" Musk.  Lol. Morons 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1