The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

9 hours ago, Danger41 said:

To me (non-party affiliated voter), the biggest takeaway is that candidate quality matters. Pennsylvania senate race between Oz and Fetterman should've been the easiest win ever based on Fetterman and his stroke + debate performance. Or juxtaposing the Georgia senate race with the state governor race. How the hell does Herschel Walker end up as the nominee when he was very clearly not qualified for the job. At the same time, Brian Kemp (who Trump hates) beats Democratic super candidate (ref CH post above) by a significant margin.

It's that the makes me think Desantis will absolutely roll in 2024 unless Trump pulls a Ross Perot and siphons off significant votes from the Republican candidate. Please don't interpret that I'm equating Ross Perot and Donald Trump on a personal level. Purely a corollary to splitting the GOP vote. 

Oz wasnt a great candidate though.  Hes not from PA or lives in PA and a Trump candidate I believe.

That said...I really dont know what the appeal of Fetterman was.  He has lived off his parents his whole life, never had a real job.  Was mayor of a dump and still a dump, hes basically pro 2nd degree murder, hes huge on Teachers unions but sends his kids to the most $$$ private school in Pittsburgh.  Throw in the stroke and its really mind boggling he won.  When I saw that race still close I knew the red wave was just a myth.

8 hours ago, ecugringo said:

Oz wasnt a great candidate though.  Hes not from PA or lives in PA and a Trump candidate I believe.

That said...I really dont know what the appeal of Fetterman was.  He has lived off his parents his whole life, never had a real job.  Was mayor of a dump and still a dump, hes basically pro 2nd degree murder, hes huge on Teachers unions but sends his kids to the most $$$ private school in Pittsburgh.  Throw in the stroke and its really mind boggling he won.  When I saw that race still close I knew the red wave was just a myth.

That’s the democrats ideal  candidate right there

Arizona is a god damn dumpster fire of an election system. 

It’s funny that everybody talks all this smack about Florida, but after it totally bolo’s 2000 they UN-ed their system and it’s probably one of the best in the country now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

A few interesting stats:

1.  The DNC has spent over $200M on Beto on three separate elections, $100M on last night's election alone, he has lost every attempt.

2.  The DNC has spent over $100M on Stacy Adams on two elections, both of which she lost.  During her most recent campaign she was raising (and spending), funds at a rate of 3:1 on Kemp, and she still lost. 

Do you think either one of these extremists will get the message?

Perhaps I've seen too many episodes of Ozark.  But, when you look at the DNC spending those kinds of figures, on those kinds of candidates, you start to wonder if they're really supporting candidates they feel have a viable chance of success?  Or is it all just some kind of elaborate money laundering scheme?

21 minutes ago, Blue said:

Perhaps I've seen too many episodes of Ozark.  But, when you look at the DNC spending those kinds of figures, on those kinds of candidates, you start to wonder if they're really supporting candidates they feel have a viable chance of success?  Or is it all just some kind of elaborate money laundering scheme?

I'm not sure to laugh or send a tip to the FBI.  Lol

290,000 early ballots yet to be counted in Maricopa county.  Those ballots need eyes on signature comparisons.  I have heard from a lot of folks online that have received phone calls attempting to verify their ballots due to the signatures not matching.  How fucking archaic can we get.  Reminds me of my time in England attempting to get a new cell phone.  store had to fax in a copy of my passport and what not to big store.  big store kept kicking back the application because the signature in passport and the application didn't "match".  I tried duplicating my signature a few times and resorted to one of the store employees finally nailing a copy of mine and the big store accepted it :)  

All the Rs are lamenting the midterms. But for me, there's plenty of silver lining:

I'll take Roe v Wade.

I'll take the death of collegiate Affirmative Action.

I'll take Biden and Harris having to run on the dem ticket again.

I'll take Florida.

I'll take the House flipping (pending).

I'll take more government gridlock.

I'll take the repudiation of Trumpism - it needs to die.

I'll take all of that 10 times out of 10 for the republican's coming up short other day. It's a perfectly fine trade to me. You can't win everything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Say something negative about Biden and the President will launch the National Security apparatus on you.

Fuck this administration. The dude’s pride and joy company has been launching NRO satellites for years and now that he’s taken over Twitter and doesn’t like Biden an investigation is “standard procedure”. You mean you couldn’t figure out if he was a national security risk before he signed a contract to launch classified satellites? 

The hilarious thing is Musk isn’t even really a right leaning guy. Not all that long ago the left was drooling over him because he created the most successful electric car company and his personal views align with a lot of their stated climate goals. But now that he’s differed from the party line somewhere else, he’s public enemy number one. So much for the “Unity” message, but we’ve known that’s trash for awhile, and if you don’t toe the line to this administration, you are clearly an extremist.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kaputt said:

Fuck this administration. The dude’s pride and joy company has been launching NRO satellites for years and now that he’s taken over Twitter and doesn’t like Biden an investigation is “standard procedure”. You mean you couldn’t figure out if he was a national security risk before he signed a contract to launch classified satellites? 

The hilarious thing is Musk isn’t even really a right leaning guy. Not all that long ago the left was drooling over him because he created the most successful electric car company and his personal views align with a lot of their stated climate goals. But now that he’s differed from the party line somewhere else, he’s public enemy number one. So much for the “Unity” message, but we’ve known that’s trash for awhile, and if you don’t toe the line to this administration, you are clearly an extremist.

Same thing happened to Joe Rogan. The second he questioned some of the left's crazy policies he was quickly labeled alt right.

All it takes to know this administration isn’t at all about “Unity” is look at their social media. Every third post from both the POTUS and White House IG touts how great Joe is and how much Republicans suck, and the world would be such a better place if the GOP would just get in line with Joe’s policies. 

• Upvote 1

As RedState reported, crypto-exchange FTX collapsed after its much-lauded founder, Sam Bankman-Fried, appeared to make improper transfers of customer money. Somewhere between $1-2 billion of that amount has now gone missing and Bankman-Fried also has disappeared.

What makes this so interesting, though, isn’t just that a lot of really wealthy people got scammed. It’s that Bankman-Fried also happens to be one of the top donors to the Democratic Party. In fact, outside of George Soros, no one has done more to bankroll Democrat efforts since the 2020 election. Joe Biden alone received a whopping $5.2 million.

But here’s where things get even weirder. Apparently, while the United States was bankrolling Ukraine and its war effort, that country’s leaders were investing money into FTX.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/11/13/ukraine-a-ponzi-scheme-and-a-top-democrat-donor-raise-serious-questions-n658409

19 hours ago, bfargin said:

A little mean .... but still spot on and funny.

NO BRAINER.png

Funny.. til you reflect for one second and remember Republican candidate quality is such hot dumpster fire garbage that they just lost to the stroke victim they're mocking.

Whoopsie! Maybe next time conservatives can find a candidate whose batshit crazy factor is low enough to beat the guy that literally can't string together an English sentence.

Some of us have been saying (for a few years now) the way forward for republicans is to ditch trump, 2020 denial, and going nuts on social issues.  Didn't need a blown midterm election to figure that one out.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sim said:

2 hours ago, Pooter said:

Funny.. til you reflect for one second and remember Republican candidate quality is such hot dumpster fire garbage that they just lost to the stroke victim they're mocking.

Whoopsie! Maybe next time conservatives can find a candidate whose batshit crazy factor is low enough to beat the guy that literally can't string together an English sentence.

Some of us have been saying (for a few years now) the way forward for republicans is to ditch trump, 2020 denial, and going nuts on social issues.  Didn't need a blown midterm election to figure that one out.

All of the people in question seem like terds to me.  I'm starting to really believe our society is devolving into the movie "Idiocracy".    

It's got electrolytes.  It's got what plants crave.  🪴 

Edited by Biff_T
Got
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Pooter said:

As a conservative, I 100% agree with Pooter. The quality GOP candidates handed ass. The low quality candidates lost embarrassingly. Quality matters, even McConnell said it, of all people. 

The GOP is run by old people who appeal to…old people. It’s time for conservatives under 50 (hell I’ll take under 60), to take control of this shitshow (especially at local levels) and actually bring policies and plans to the people that they care about/want. There are millions of conservatives out there who I believe offer substantially better ideas than their Dem counterparts, but those individuals need to step up and lead - time for Grandpa and Grandma to step back and let those of us who don’t live in 1950 take a swing at the plate.

Edited by brabus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sim said:

Why do democrats have such a short term memory? 

Election denying? 

Issues with 2020? (and now 2022) 

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/us/politics/as-more-vote-by-mail-faulty-ballots-could-impact-elections.html

but it's (D)ifferent. 

Yep, there were some nutso libs after the 2016 election. Soooo…..the conservative response is to…..out nutso the nutsos??? 🤨 Seems like there’s a lot of people only too happy to join the race to the bottom. 

20 minutes ago, brabus said:

As a conservative, I 100% agree with Pooter. The quality GOP candidates handed ass. The low quality candidates lost embarrassingly. Quality matters, even McConnell said it, of all people. 

The GOP is run by old people who appeal to…old people. It’s time for conservatives under 50 (hell I’ll take under 60), to take control of this shitshow (especially at local levels) and actually bring policies and plans to the people that they care about/want. There are millions of conservatives out there who I believe offer substantially better ideas than their Dem counterparts, but those individuals need to step up and lead - time for Grandpa and Grandma to step back and let those of us who don’t live in 1950 take a swing at the plate.

Honestly I don't even know if it's an age thing. Some of the up and coming young stars of the right are the most pro trump, radical nuts out there. Same on the left where the young generation of thought leaders in the squad are pushing their party to the extreme.  Crazy comes in all ages and I agree with @Prozac that the first party to figure out how not to be batshit insane will do very well. 

Fair assessment. My statement on age comes from my own experiences in two states (in the recent years where I’ve become far more active in the community). The GOP groups are predominantly 60+ year old people who fit the description of “angry old white man” or “granny with a shotgun.” They simply cannot relate, nor communicate, with generations younger than them. A lot of it is not even due to a disagreement in values or cultural views (some of it is, don’t get me wrong), it’s their inability to prioritize things and accept cultural shifts. “Old man yelling at cloud” doesn’t sell to the 35 yr old with 3 kids. The older generation also seems to have a difficult time separating personal morality with law. Lots of things I completely disagree with morals-wise, but should my moral opinion dictate law in all cases? The answer in my conservative mind is no, but the answer is a resounding yes in many of the 60+ minds.

The younger batshit crazy ones are those who think the “old way” is still THE way. They’ve been brainwashed enough, but many of us have not. It’s up to us to get this train back on the tracks. 

• Upvote 4