The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

17 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Quick yes or no question:

Do rules/regulations, either set by US law and/or regulatory organizations, ever impact what a business decides to do or not do?

Don't know, ain't gonna try.  Ask an oil field expert if you really want to know.  You get an internet point.

8 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

We have millions of barrels of SPR to refill. Probably not a lot of bottleneck there.

True.  Just pointing out that more oil drilling capacity probably doesn't directly equate to lower prices at the pump.

True.  Just pointing out that more oil drilling capacity probably doesn't directly equate to lower prices at the pump.

I know a couple oil field experts…

So discussion as to “why is big oil recording record profits…” comes from them making a deliberate effort to grow cash reserves that had been depleted over the last few years. A large driver in doing this is the expected drop in leasable well heads and lands to do exploratory drilling under the shift in administrations. The anticipation is that with lower leasable heads the price per well will jump and the company without the free cash to go after them will be left out of the dwindling available US market.

The oil companies are literally planning for the rainy day that the admin is telegraphing is coming whether they like it or not, and we as consumers are paying for it. So yes, the President does have a hand in this along with OPEC, taxes by region, and supply lines and every other talking point issue on why gas costs so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

While oil production is a big factor,  US refinery is the bottleneck.

During 2017, 6 refineries closed. Probaly all tied to business decisions, not politics.  2020, 6 more, again probably business tied to covid drop in demand and closing older sites.

They can pump all they want, but if it can't be refined, consumer prices don't change.  Also, hurricanes.

3 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

Don't know, ain't gonna try.  Ask an oil field expert if you really want to know.  You get an internet point.

So in one post you give information regarding oil production/refinery capabilities, and also say that it has to do with business decisions and not politics.  But then I ask you if laws and/or rules/regulations affect business decisions and you say you don’t know because you’re not an oil expert.

Ummm, ok.  Good talk!

• Upvote 2

New National Security strategy 
Less than a paragraph on great power competition, China, and Russia.
Most of it talks about “domestic extremism”, white nationalism, the Jan 6 “attacks”, diversity and inclusion. Even some Climate Change sprinkled in. 
Biden-Harris-Administrations-National-Security-Strategy-10.2022.pdf?fbclid=IwAR30zQ6u98FqmezFc0m3_s9NMjy4t9L119qWxE3FqMqATDTXWS0AqLg1uvE#:~:text=The%202022%20National%20Security%20Strategy%20outlines%20how%20my,path%20toward%20a%20brighter%20and%20more%20hopeful%20tomorrow.

A quick search shows 9 hits for China, 46 for PRC, 71 for Russia, 2 for extremism, 6 for extremist, 1 for nationalism, 1 mention of the word white, in reference to “White House,” nothing about January 6th, 2 mentions of diversity and 2 of inclusion with regards to the military. You do get 20 instances of Climate Change, so congrats. So where did you come up with your premise? I’m no fan of the admin, but you’re either making up your own fake news, or parroting someone else’s.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

…meanwhile another interpretation:

it reads like the whole world will be skipping, happily together in-hand if they follow American values and present international order (whilst somehow following and fighting for their own country’s) and we will all be Free, Open, Prosperous, and Secure…unless there is bad people spoiling the festivities, then together we’ll do…something, like share information with those who share our values. 

image.gif.42559eff835c1d41b5f4bcb426c44763.gif

image.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Swizzle said:

…meanwhile another interpretation:

it reads like the whole world will be skipping, happily together in-hand if they follow American values and present international order (whilst somehow following and fighting for their own country’s) and we will all be Free, Open, Prosperous, and Secure…unless there is bad people spoiling the festivities, then together we’ll do…something, like share information with those who share our values. 

image.gif.42559eff835c1d41b5f4bcb426c44763.gif

image.jpeg

The Golden Girls could turn this country around.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

A quick search shows 9 hits for China, 46 for PRC, 71 for Russia

Saying the words multiple times doesn't make them the focus and context matters. 

12 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

2 for extremism, 6 for extremist, 1 for nationalism

Equity is mentioned 6 times, Inclusion is mentioned 6 times, the emphasis is clear.

nothing about January 6th,

That's not true and you know it or you didn't actually read it.  The entire "Strengthening Our Democracy" is about the election and aftermath, the wordsmiths just got creative so they wouldn't have to use the words.

2 mentions of diversity and 2 of inclusion with regards to the military.

In the same section there is one mention of China and no mentions of Russia.  Again, context and emphasis matter.

So where did you come up with your premise?

No sure about dream big, but I read it.

Overall I give it a C, there was an attempt to work in all the DIME instruments but the social and climate change goop dilutes this into a fairy tale.  I am a knuckle-dragging mouth breather but I did note these other items. 

When reading you will note the first theme in his vision is Climate Change.  He proceeds to countering authoritarian regimes but comes right back to Climate Change with this statement - "Of all of the shared problems we face, climate change is the greatest and potentially existential for all nations.I am sorry, Climate Change is an important issue but with Putin dropping threats to use tac nukes that could lead to Armageddon, I think there is a bigger threat to the survival of our country and mankind.

In Climate Change section there is another "work of art" - "We have also experienced a global energy crisis driven by Russia’s weaponization of the oil and gas supplies it controls, exacerbated by OPEC’s management of its own supply."  It is a fact that gas prices were WAY up BEFORE Putin invaded Ukraine.  Also, there is a solution that makes us energy independent. 

I really enjoyed him throwing Clinton's vision under the bus "Fifth, we recognize that globalization has delivered immense benefits for the United States and the world but an adjustment is now required to cope with dramatic global changes such as
widening inequality within and among countries" 
No Shit, this so called globalization outsourced a metric shit ton of American jobs and manufacturing...micro chips for all my friends.

The section on modernizing and strengthening our military is capped off with his social agenda - "We will strengthen the effectiveness of the force by promoting diversity and inclusion; intensifying our suicide prevention efforts; eliminating the scourges of sexual assault, harassment, and other forms of violence, abuse, and discrimination;"

The section on Climate and Energy Security is again nothing but social agenda.  Again to quote "Events like Russia’s war of aggression against Ukraine have made clear the urgent need to accelerate the transition away from fossil fuels."  Not a single word about securing energy for America, just his agenda to shut down fossil fuels...an abhorrent fail IMHO.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

"Of all of the shared problems we face, climate change is the greatest and potentially existential for all nations.I am sorry, Climate Change is an important issue but with Putin dropping threats to use tac nukes

Do nuclear detonations count as instantaneous climate change? Or is that too much political spin?

• Haha 4

Do nuclear detonations count as instantaneous climate change? Or is that too much political spin?

That is one of my biggest “you’re an idiot and here is why” point for the people that look at Ecological impacts and ignore economics.

It doesn’t matter how god damned clean you make the planet if the results of your actions cause the mass strife leading to some strong man lunatic in a nuclear power making new craters in Kashmir or something. You will go back on a whole lot of work with some simplistic single metric like axing carbon if you do it while simultaneously making the price of food/utilities unaffordable, amplifying water scarcity impacts by diverting from agriculture, bankrupting governments dependent on fossil fuel income to support their near crazy citizenry, etc.

19 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

“With a chocolate chip ice cream cone in his hand, Biden answered: "I’m not concerned about the strength of the dollar. I’m concerned about the rest of the world. Our economy is strong as hell."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-tells-reporter-economy-strong-hell-while-eating-ice-cream-portland

The pure audacity... completely disconnected from reality and he has access to the nuke codes.  Can't wait for our liberal forum members to roll in and defend this senile meatbag.  Everything is fine, chew your cud citizen.

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 10.05.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 10.07.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 10.17.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 10.18.24 AM.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

The pure audacity... completely disconnected from reality and he has access to the nuke codes.  Can't wait for our liberal forum members to roll in and defend this senile meatbag.  Everything is fine, chew your cud citizen.

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 10.05.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 10.07.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 10.17.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 10.18.24 AM.png

The thing that drives me nuts, is that he just says whatever he wants now - anything at all.  No one questions it except Fox and the Post, he's just scary.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GrndPndr said:

The thing that drives me nuts, is that he just says whatever he wants now - anything at all.  No one questions it except Fox and the Post, he's just scary.

No way he makes it to 2024. He will excuse himself from running for “health reasons”, he will go down as a folk hero for the dems as the dude who ousted Trump.  Kamala will step aside citing reasons such as “racism and sexism” keeping her from doing her job, she will save face and go down another idol for the progressive and left.  In comes Mayor Pete.  Problem solved.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

I think Biden will run in 24; it’ll be another locked-in-the-basement campaign and our cowardly partisan media will play along.

<Snip>

Democrats have already said there will not be a Presidential debate in 2024.