The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

It's going to get a lot worse than the SPR. Just wait until the (neglected and pathetic) retirement accounts of the largest voting block start to implode under the weight of an impending recession. There is no limit to what politicians will spend to preserve their positions.

And if you think that largest voting block, which leans conservative, is going to vote to cut their SS checks or their Medicare benefits, you are delusional. They will howl for the Fed to dump rates and fire up the printing press, because their government checks are inflation protected and their retirement accounts will capture the money printing.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

It's going to get a lot worse than the SPR. Just wait until the (neglected and pathetic) retirement accounts of the largest voting block start to implode under the weight of an impending recession

I thought we were already in a recession?

8 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Valid. Let's call it "the impending recognition of the worsening recession"

Aka economic depression, -10% GDP...already 10% there and jobless rate hasn't even taken a significant hit yet, there is a reason billionaires are buying farmland

• Upvote 1

I can't wait to see how the White House spins the latest inflation report. 

Last month Uncle Joe said there was "Zero Inflation in July" and "the economy is on track"

Everyone knew the fundamentals showed a lag that manifest of course in August with inflation "higher than expected" at 8.3%.  I predict they change the narrative to "gas prices are down .50"...FROM THEIR HIGH!

The market was trying to build a new base with the interest rate hikes built in and there was even talk of lowering the next rate hike...unfortunately the "Inflation Reduction Act" and Student Loan forgiveness is DIRECTLY opposed to the Fed efforts to reduce money supply.  It is almost as if they are doing this on purpose.  Rocky times ahead for investors.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, kaputt said:

At least Kamala says the border is secure…

It blows my mind that anyone in this country could actually support this administration. What a cluster fuck every…single…day.

She looked right at the camera and said the border is secure.

2 MILLION that we know of and an estimated 950,000 Getaways including 50 on the FBI terror watchlist... I guess our liberal friends on the forum simply don't care and default to Whataboutism.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

She looked right at the camera and said the border is secure.

2 MILLION that we know of and an estimated 950,000 Getaways including 50 on the FBI terror watchlist... I guess our liberal friends on the forum simply don't care and default to Whataboutism.

Who’s defaulting to whataboutism? You’ve raised some no-shit valid concerns. The depletion of the SPR could be disastrous and I don’t think it’s a smart move for the country. It’s politically expedient though and that should come as a surprise to exactly nobody. As far as border security goes, I didn’t see the VP’s quote but it’s safe to assume the administration could do more to address illegal immigration & I wish they’d push for sweeping reform that included a legal path to citizenship for those already in the country as well as a legal work program for those who want to come here. We could use some more young, hearty folks who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty. But I’m not arguing your more recent points here ‘cause you’re not wrong. There are a lot of things that disappoint me about Biden’s term so far. I hope he and Kamala get out of the way for better candidates in 2024 (or that the Republicans can muster somebody sane). At the same time, I’d rather be confronted with these issues vs. radicals storming the Capitol. YMMV. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I can't wait to see how the White House spins the latest inflation report. 

Last month Uncle Joe said there was "Zero Inflation in July" and "the economy is on track"

Everyone knew the fundamentals showed a lag that manifest of course in August with inflation "higher than expected" at 8.3%.  I predict they change the narrative to "gas prices are down .50"...FROM THEIR HIGH!

The market was trying to build a new base with the interest rate hikes built in and there was even talk of lowering the next rate hike...unfortunately the "Inflation Reduction Act" and Student Loan forgiveness is DIRECTLY opposed to the Fed efforts to reduce money supply.  It is almost as if they are doing this on purpose.  Rocky times ahead for investors.

They are Keynesians at best, modern monetary theorists at worst. Literally, they think the solution is more government spending. 

Never underestimate just how long stupid, prideful people will ignore the evidence of their failure. When in doubt, double down. 

• Like 1

Progressives:  “You mean you don’t trust the FBI?”

“Main Steele Dossier Source Was on FBI Payroll as Confidential Informant, Durham Reveals“

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/main-steele-dossier-source-was-on-fbi-payroll-as-confidential-informant-durham-says/?fbclid=IwAR02uhdc6bl6ZA3TDne7ZIe6s2URB5IvAl39yjPoebYmzYCFJoIu6AKbvsc&fs=e&s=cl

10 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

“Main Steele Dossier Source Was on FBI Payroll as Confidential Informant, Durham Reveals“

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/main-steele-dossier-source-was-on-fbi-payroll-as-confidential-informant-durham-says/?fbclid=IwAR02uhdc6bl6ZA3TDne7ZIe6s2URB5IvAl39yjPoebYmzYCFJoIu6AKbvsc&fs=e&s=cl

Pure insanity...and they are upset about some morons rushing the Capital when the progressives simply strolled in the side door with tacit approval.

16 hours ago, Prozac said:

...but it’s safe to assume the administration could do more to address illegal immigration...

This kind of weak equivocal language is at the heart of the our nation's communication problem. 

That's like saying it's safe to assume a rapist could do more to respect the rights of the woman he's actively raping.  Or that Russia could do more to recognize the sanctity of international borders and human rights.

Rape is Rape.  An invasion is an invasion.

Stop cowardice and have the balls to call spade a spade: Our country are being invaded through our southern border by a list of nationals and organizations so long we don't even know who they are.  The administration who's PRIMARY JOB and who TOOK OATHS to "support and defend..."  is actively supporting and empowering the invasion.  How is that anywhere close to "could do more"?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

18 hours ago, Prozac said:

We could use some more young, hearty folks who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.

Unfortunately many of those dirty hands are carrying Fentanyl.   Since our dear leader took over and opened the borders more illegals have flooded into the country than the population of Wyoming, Vermont, District of Columbia, Alaska and North Dakota...COMBINED!

Additionally, Fentanyl deaths doubled to over 107,000 in 2021 and we are on pace to exceed that number this year.  With record seizures not slowing the pace and rainbow colored Fentanyl pills aimed at our kids, it should be declared a war on our society.  In 10,000 days of the Vietnam War we lost half what we lost in 2021 to Fentanyl.  In 20 years of combine Iraq and Afghanistan Combat we lost 7,000 U.S. Military personnel, we are losing more than that each MONTH to Fentanyl.

Our border is wide open and the sooner you and Biden stop wordsmithing, the sooner we address the danger it poses to our nation.  How is the DNC no utterly embarrassed that Biden hasn't been to the border...absolutely disgraceful.  I truly pray it doesn't impact your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/13/2022 at 9:16 PM, kaputt said:

At least Kamala says the border is secure…

It blows my mind that anyone in this country could actually support this administration. What a cluster fuck every…single…day.

Cognitive dissonance. Also most people on the left see a female woman of color in the second highest position in the government. Nothing else matters. 

4 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Subversion of democracy. Truly shocking and disgusting collusion between our government and political progressives.  We need to vote for people who can clean house!

Would love to see the FBI confidential informant receipts from January 6th… 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Holy fuck some of you need to check your reading comprehension & recognize when someone is agreeing with you. 
image.jpeg.92c087fd9578134711665b828955632d.jpeg

It's true that you appear to agree...that's the problem.  But you're watering the severity of the problem down.  If I accept your stance as 'agreement', I by default water down my own stance.  I'm speaking for ONLY ME.  Not "we".  Not "us".  Me.  Myself.  Specifically and exclusively. 

I see your statements as a bait to get me to water down my own opinions about the severity of our problems by acquiescing in order to find common ground and call it compromise.  That's not how using morals and principles to find a compromise works.  FIRST we need to agree on the problem, then we compromise on the solution.  You're agreement compromises on the severity of the problem at it's core. 

Just as a doctor would be doing a patient a disservice to say "it's only cancer, don't worry about it" I refuse to accept "the administration could do more to secure our borders" as a correct identification of the problem.  We can compromise on the solutions to the problem ONLY after both sides of the argument agree on what the problem is.  In this case, one side is literally saying there is no problem, while in reality fentanyl is killing Americans, children are being trafficked, and lives are being destroyed.

If you're wondering "so what do you want me to do about it?"  To you personally I ask: Please, during the next election, do not vote for these people again.  Current DNC politicians who accept and endorse extremist liberalism are clearly and directly responsible for virtually all of this.  I don't think I've ever taken a party side, and I don't ever intend to, but it could not be more clear who is responsible for the absolute mess our country is in.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Blue said:

Sigh.

You over-privileged, foolish fucking midwit.

STFU with your Boomer nonsense.

Keep sighing. How many kids does the average American couple have? Enough to replace all those “Boomers” (I’m most definitely NOT one btw)? I’ll save you the the trouble of googling: NO. If we want to continue to have a viable economy, we need immigrants. Lots of ‘em. Perhaps you prefer we take the lazy, ones instead of young, hardworking people? Or perhaps you just can’t see past your own generation’s potential success and prefer to leave the hard issues like demographics to your kids and grandkids? And before anyone else gets all up in a huff about who gets to come here, go back and read my original response to CH. I am NOT advocating for unabated illegal immigration or open borders. 

20 hours ago, Prozac said:

At the same time, I’d rather be confronted with these issues vs. radicals storming the Capitol. YMMV. 

Forgive me...but really?  You'd rather the thousands of fentanyl deaths, cartel human trafficking, displacement of human lives by the 10's of thousands...not to mention the collapsing economy and rising inflation that's felt by the poor FAR more than the rich.  You'd prefer that over an event that happened almost 2 years ago, most of the violators being peaceful...and still being in jail now...with only one fatality of questionable circumstances...that's where your conscience draws a line?  So what are your thoughts on other large crowds doing damage in public?  Such as Portland?  The CHAZ?  George Floyd Square...with the following found on a .69 second google search:

Is George Floyd Square still occupied?

By August 14, 2022, seven people had been killed by gun violence at the square since Floyd's murder, and one person had died there as the result of a drug overdose.

Those events, by the principle that Jan 6th is abhorrent to you...these should be exponentially worse, right?  But you're more worried about Jan 6th?  Am I hearing you correctly?
Edited by FourFans130
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FourFans130 said:

It's true that you appear to agree...that's the problem.  But you're watering the severity of the problem down.  If I accept your stance as 'agreement', I by default water down my own stance.  I'm speaking for ONLY ME.  Not "we".  Not "us".  Me.  Myself.  Specifically and exclusively. 

I see your statements as a bait to get me to water down my own opinions about the severity of our problems by acquiescing in order to find common ground and call it compromise.  That's not how using morals and principles to find a compromise works.  FIRST we need to agree on the problem, then we compromise on the solution.  You're agreement compromises on the severity of the problem at it's core. 

Just as a doctor would be doing a patient a disservice to say "it's only cancer, don't worry about it" I refuse to accept "the administration could do more to secure our borders" as a correct identification of the problem.  We can compromise on the solutions to the problem ONLY after both sides of the argument agree on what the problem is.  In this case, one side is literally saying there is no problem, while in reality fentanyl is killing Americans, children are being trafficked, and lives are being destroyed.

If you're wondering "so what do you want me to do about it?"  To you personally I ask: Please, during the next election, do not vote for these people again.  Current DNC politicians who accept and endorse extremist liberalism are clearly and directly responsible for virtually all of this.  I don't think I've ever taken a party side, and I don't ever intend to, but it could not be more clear who is responsible for the absolute mess our country is in.

I think you’re just looking to argue. I don’t disagree that illegal immigration, human trafficking, and proliferation of horrible drugs are bad. I’d like to see more done to stop these problems. Full stop. Unfortunately, most people want easy answers. Building a wall and deporting everyone in the country illegally certainly sounds like an easy answer. Unfortunately, those “easy” solutions don’t address the complexity of the problem and are a complete waste of money and time meant to appeal to voters who don’t have a firm grasp of the issues. We can go round and round as to why, but the truth just isn’t as simple as Democrats don’t want a secure border and Republicans do. Neither party has addressed these issues in any semblance of a workable manner. 

Let’s address your last paragraph: You chide Democratic voters because you perceived them to be on the opposite side of what is a hot button issue for you. Your wish is for those who vote for Democrats to change their allegiance. That must be a nice thought for you, but it’s a pipe dream and it ain’t happening. Sorry. See, there are hot button issues for Democrats too and just as you can’t understand why someone would seemingly ignore the border issue and cast a ballot for a D, there are an equal number of voters who could never see themselves voting for a candidate that, say, supports wild conspiracy theories. There are plenty of extremists on both sides of most of these issues. Let’s focus on how we can get control of the parties back from the nut jobs vs yelling at one another for making voting decisions that are always a compromise based on what’s important to them.