The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

I'd like them to give me ten grand for not having to rely on the government to repay my debt.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I’m torn on this one because it won’t make any real long lasting difference until the college-industrial complex gets completely revamped. And a massive “2” on predatory student loans needing to get axed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The government gave $200k to some green haired person to pay for a degree in intersectional drum circles with a gender queer emphasis at some Ivy league SJW indoctrination school so now taxpayers have to pick up the tab because, surprisingly, you only qualify for a minimum wage job as a Starbucks barista with such an education. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Another angle: “Free money” gov bailout - now where’s the incentive for universities and lenders to reduce costs and rates? This in reality rewards universities and lenders for their actions. I think most people are in general agreement that the cost of college and their buddies in the student loan business are out of control, but why do people simultaneously think dumping gas on the fire will put it out, because that’s essentially what is happening. Let’s not also forget the impact on the deficit and fucking over millions who did pay for their degree/those who couldn’t afford a degree and were responsible enough to not take a loan out they couldn’t pay back.

Edited by brabus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

While Bernie Bros and AOC types whine and rant about Big Oil, Big Pharma, and whatever other Big, Big College has far exceeded all others in the rate of increase in price. But the biggest supporter of the Leftist Libs are College educated white women so FJB is paying off his base. 

• Upvote 8

"What we’re seeing now is the beginning or the death knell of an extreme MAGA philosophy," Biden reportedly said. "It’s not just Trump, it’s the entire philosophy that underpins the – I’m going to say something, it’s like semi-fascism." 

Looks like he's been taking lessons from divider-in-chief (aka Obama).  And always "projection". Always. 

On 8/26/2022 at 6:29 PM, TreeA10 said:

While Bernie Bros and AOC types whine and rant about Big Oil, Big Pharma, and whatever other Big, Big College has far exceeded all others in the rate of increase in price. But the biggest supporter of the Leftist Libs are College educated white women so FJB is paying off his base. 

Colleges are their biggest indoctrination and recruiting centers, they have no incentive to go after the sham that is big college. Remember when Obama wanted everyone to go to college? Surely it’s not because he cares about the youth being educated. Almost belongs in the hypocrisy thread. 

• Upvote 2

Trump's lunatic call to re-reinstated is laughable, he needs to just go away.  However, the truth is slowly coming out and it is becoming ever more clear elements within the FBI put their fingers on the election scale by purposely suppressing/discrediting the Hunter Biden Laptop.  If the multiple whistleblowers who have come forward are to be believed there is good reason two top FBI agents resigned after allegedly purposely thwarting an investigation of the laptop.

Did anyone see the Mark Zuckerberg segment on Joe Rogan where he says the FBI came to warn him of a misinformation dump that was about to occur, the shocking part is the FBI already had the laptop at that point...they knew it was real.

There is most certainly some rot in the once hallowed halls of the FBI. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

“Trump's lunatic call to re-reinstated is laughable, he needs to just go away. “

**message end**

… rest of what you wrote valid, but you nailed it in your first sentence. Time to move out and onward. 

I will say this… a year at the Deid sucks…but I didn’t miss the constant political BS around every news or media corner.  You could just bury your head in CAOC queep . Granted…I’m now back home on Cap Hill…so I’ll punch myself in the nuts for that one. 

Scooter…wake up it’s meeting time. 

ATIS 

Edited by ATIS
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Except that’s not what she said. 

“MAGA republicans are an extreme threat to our democracy…” So yeah, that’s exactly what she said, unless you’re arguing “MAGA republicans” does not refer to people who are Trump voters. 

Edited by brabus
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, brabus said:

“MAGA republicans are an extreme threat to our democracy…” So yeah, that’s exactly what she said, unless you’re arguing “MAGA republicans” does not refer to people who are Trump voters. 

No. Just no. She was stating that right wing extremists (you know, like people who want to storm the capitol & kidnap governors) are a threat to democracy. There’s certainly a portion of the MAGA crowd that falls into that category. Vs what Jack Posobiec and Sim want to twist the words into: i.e. “all Trump voters are a threat to democracy”. Not remotely what was said or implied. 

Here’s a hot tip: when you constantly twist your opponent’s words and actions into something that makes them seem much worse than they actually are, you aren’t winning the argument. You are only re enforcing the belief system of the people who already agree with you. This is how we end up with extreme polarization and political gridlock. 

• Downvote 4

5 hours ago, Prozac said:

No. Just no. She was stating that right wing extremists (you know, like people who want to storm the capitol & kidnap governors) are a threat to democracy. There’s certainly a portion of the MAGA crowd that falls into that category. Vs what Jack Posobiec and Sim want to twist the words into: i.e. “all Trump voters are a threat to democracy”. Not remotely what was said or implied. 

Here’s a hot tip: when you constantly twist your opponent’s words and actions into something that makes them seem much worse than they actually are, you aren’t winning the argument. You are only re enforcing the belief system of the people who already agree with you. This is how we end up with extreme polarization and political gridlock. 

Just a reminder that these people had parents who opposed LGBT curriculum that included graphic depictions of oral sex branded as "domestic terrorists" by the FBI.

https://thenationaldesk.com/news/americas-news-now/doj-memo-which-compared-parents-to-terrorists-allegedly-requested-by-education-secretary-miguel-cardona-national-school-board-association-white-house-education-deparment-justice-marrick-garland-nsba-school-board-domestic-doj-doe

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2