The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

1 hour ago, tac airlifter said:

what is happening to former President Trump is an obscenely inappropriate. The FBI & DOJ have lost credibility.  Thus far these investigations have amounted to hoax after hoax after hoax followed by blowing out of proportion small procedural issues.  Maybe this one has real meat (doubtful), maybe not, but at this juncture that aspect is irrelevant.

None of us on this forum knows what was in those boxes or what storage agreements had been negotiated, but we do know there was a legal mechanism to address grievances before executing a high profile armed raid as performed. That operation was 100% designed to intimidate and humiliate a political opponent, and that is clear as day.  Indefensible.

what scenario are you imagining, that is in our country's interest, necessitates him having nuclear-related TS/SCI documents unsecured in his home?

7 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

It seems like democrats are hell-bent on getting Trump reelected.

This is either some serious 4D chess or they are literally too stupid to breathe. Imagine the insanity of making a lunatic with a martyr complex into a martyr.

100% agree, if they would have just left it alone he was done, instead they made him a martyr and reinvigorated his base. 

6 hours ago, Day Man said:

what scenario are you imagining, that is in our country's interest, necessitates him having nuclear-related TS/SCI documents unsecured in his home?

I think you missed the point of my post. Your above statement indicates outrage about something that has not been proven, only alleged anonymously. We’ve seen that one before.

my post was specific to the manner in which this raid was carried out.  

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

100% agree, if they would have just left it alone he was done, instead they made him a martyr and reinvigorated his base. 

I too encourage elite political leaders to be above the law and have the ability to commit ongoing crimes with no repercussions…for political convenience no less! 😑

Without speculating about any future charges or whatabouting anyone else’s past actions…having boxes of TS/SCI at your Florida golf club 18 months after leaving office seems bad. I would not want to be that guy.

7 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

I too encourage elite political leaders to be above the law and have the ability to commit ongoing crimes with no repercussions…for political convenience no less! 😑

Without speculating about any future charges or whatabouting anyone else’s past actions…having boxes of TS/SCI at your Florida golf club 18 months after leaving office seems bad. I would not want to be that guy.

That's why the FBI raided Hillary Clinton's house to take her email servers...

I agree that Trump should be held accountable. But my faith in the agencies of the DOJ to act impartially is at an all-time low.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

You don't want to whatabout anyone else but you will whatabout the stuff at Trump's house...come on brother, at least be fair.  I agree, having TS at your house is unsat and ALL should be held accountable.  Trust me, I don't want Trump to run again, I want him to go away, but shouldn't we at least see the evidence and context?  If he is guilty of a crime I have no issue with him being prosecuted but there are so many unknowns at this point.  Was the stuff declassified (properly), was it purposeful, was it Trump that said move those documents?  There are questions NOT excuses, shouldn't there at least be the appearance of a proper investigation/trial before you rush to the tree with a rope?

Given your statement, what should have happened to Hillary when they confirmed she had TS/SCI - SAP on her server...please share your opinion.  How was she not prosecuted?  This is why we are so divided, there is most certainly the appearance of a double standard of justice between the DNC and the GOP.  Honestly, don't you think they should at least look at the laptop and the implication that Biden is the "Big Guy?"  Was it right for FBI agents to lie to the FISA Court to get a warrant to surveil and American citizen? 

All of this would be a non-issue and Trump would be in time-out had Hillary been held to the same standard and we had an honest investigation of the laptop and how it connects through the Biden family, but all of that has been actively suppressed by the press, the intel apparatus and as some recent whistleblowers have pointed out, members of the FBI.  As an fierce patriot (which I know you  are), how does that not bother you at the core? 

18 minutes ago, pawnman said:

That's why the FBI raided Hillary Clinton's house to take her email servers...

I agree that Trump should be held accountable. But my faith in the agencies of the DOJ to act impartially is at an all-time low.

Personally the most disappointing part of everything that has happened the past few years.  Growing up my family had a relationship with a very high ranking member of the FBI, had I not become a pilot I likely would have pursued that route.  I idolized the FBI agents we knew, one of whom went on to lead the HRT.  Unfortunately the past few years have led me to question what I thought was an organization beyond reproach.   When we found out Kevin Clinesmith lied to the FISA court (he did plead guilty to a felony count), I was hopeful it was a one-off rouge agent.  Then IG Horowitz released his report which showed the FBI lied to both both houses of Congress about the dossier...(the FBI lied to help impeach a President, how does that not anger everyone on this board?)  The "Insurance Policy" I hoped was again a rouge agent bloviating, but now with the Whistleblowers coming forward to say the FBI actively suppressed the Laptop, come on man...something is rotten in at least part of that agency.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

This is the whataboutism! Hillary Hunter Nancy Pelosi laptops servers etc etc etc. Those are all conversations and grievances that can be had and aired, but not with me on the internet. Not worth the time spent for me, sorry. We can talk in person sometime but I imagine there are more fruitful things we could talk about instead 🍻

The situation at hand that I’m interested in is that in the last several days, the FBI executed a search warrant on Donald Trump’s house and walked away with TS/SCI and potentially even more sensitive stuff. The warrant indicated possible espionage concerns. He has not been the President for 18 months and has no reason to possess these documents.

Without further speculation…that seems bad! I support federal law enforcement agencies looking into that and condemn threats against FBI agents and federal judicial folks who are doing their jobs. I also find it really lame to say this will help Trump politically somehow, just like being impeached twice and losing the 2020 election helped him? Some real 8-D chess going on here…

To my Republican and conservative friends in general, I implore you to drop this guy and move on. Stop defending the indefensible by using a laundry list of every logical fallacy in the book. The GOP bench is stocked with other candidates who will enact policies you like and own the libs big time, I promise you.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

You don't want to whatabout anyone else but you will whatabout the stuff at Trump's house...come on brother, at least be fair.  I agree, having TS at your house is unsat and ALL should be held accountable.  Trust me, I don't want Trump to run again, I want him to go away, but shouldn't we at least see the evidence and context?  If he is guilty of a crime I have no issue with him being prosecuted but there are so many unknowns at this point.  Was the stuff declassified (properly), was it purposeful, was it Trump that said move those documents?  There are questions NOT excuses, shouldn't there at least be the appearance of a proper investigation/trial before you rush to the tree with a rope?

Given your statement, what should have happened to Hillary when they confirmed she had TS/SCI - SAP on her server...please share your opinion.  How was she not prosecuted?  This is why we are so divided, there is most certainly the appearance of a double standard of justice between the DNC and the GOP.  Honestly, don't you think they should at least look at the laptop and the implication that Biden is the "Big Guy?"  Was it right for FBI agents to lie to the FISA Court to get a warrant to surveil and American citizen? 

All of this would be a non-issue and Trump would be in time-out had Hillary been held to the same standard and we had an honest investigation of the laptop and how it connects through the Biden family, but all of that has been actively suppressed by the press, the intel apparatus and as some recent whistleblowers have pointed out, members of the FBI.  As an fierce patriot (which I know you  are), how does that not bother you at the core? 

Personally the most disappointing part of everything that has happened the past few years.  Growing up my family had a relationship with a very high ranking member of the FBI, had I not become a pilot I likely would have pursued that route.  I idolized the FBI agents we knew, one of whom went on to lead the HRT.  Unfortunately the past few years have led me to question what I thought was an organization beyond reproach.   When we found out Kevin Clinesmith lied to the FISA court (he did plead guilty to a felony count), I was hopeful it was a one-off rouge agent.  Then IG Horowitz released his report which showed the FBI lied to both both houses of Congress about the dossier...(the FBI lied to help impeach a President, how does that not anger everyone on this board?)  The "Insurance Policy" I hoped was again a rouge agent bloviating, but now with the Whistleblowers coming forward to say the FBI actively suppressed the Laptop, come on man...something is rotten in at least part of that agency.

Something at least stinks on the 7th floor at FBI headquarters in DC.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

If you can't apply the law evenly, you're better off not applying it at all.

Fairness is an evolutionary trait that you can not violate. The response will be violent and immediate.

https://youtu.be/meiU6TxysCg

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nsplayr said:

I implore you to drop this guy and move on.

LOL. Sorry but not sorry. Still voting for him.  But you keep supporting wars with no end and swamp creatures. (Clinton, Bush, Obama, Biden) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Vote buying math - A $330B college debt forgiveness bill at $10k per person equates to 33 million people who’ll benefit.  That is less than 10% of the US population. So, 90% of Americans will cover the cost for 10% including a crap ton of non-college graduates who make a hell of a lot less.  This is a giant FU from crazy Uncle Joe to everyone who did pay their student loans back.  The majority of college debt is held by graduate degree holders in non-marketable fields.

Cancelling student debt is lunacy, you are rewarding people who don't pay their bills by taxing those who do pay their bills.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:
Vote buying math - A $330B college debt forgiveness bill at $10k per person equates to 33 million people who’ll benefit.  That is less than 10% of the US population. So, 90% of Americans will cover the cost for 10% including a crap ton of non-college graduates who make a hell of a lot less.  This is a giant FU from crazy Uncle Joe to everyone who did pay their student loans back.  The majority of college debt is held by graduate degree holders in non-marketable fields.

Cancelling student debt is lunacy, you are rewarding people who don't pay their bills by taxing those who do pay their bills.

Agreed. Especially since I haven’t seen anything from the administration addressing the underlying causes of the student debt crisis itself. I might be able to get behind some targeted relief, perhaps for those who may have been misled into taking out loans they could never pay, but without addressing the ‘why’ in how we got here, I have to say this plan paints with a very broad brush & sends the wrong message to future borrowers. Squarely disappointed by the executive on this one. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

This is nothing but a desperate attempt to buy votes leading up to the midterms at a barely 40% approval rating. It will probably work since most Biden voters or would be Biden voters can’t do the math you analyzed above. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

instead of canceling debt they should put a interest rate cap on student loans.

the predatory lending is outrageous (>10% interest)

Holy shit. Mark the tapes. I actually agree with BasiChuni on something! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

instead of canceling debt they should put a interest rate cap on student loans.

the predatory lending is outrageous (>10% interest)

I'd be in favor of something linked to public service or underpaid careers like teachers...Instead this is going to a bunch of shithead grad students who have worthless degrees in Equity Studies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Prozac said:

Especially since I haven’t seen anything from the administration addressing the underlying causes of the student debt crisis itself

Shack! I actually don't care if they pay off the loans, *IF* they stop guaranteeing the loans and perpetuating this race to the top in tuition costs. Make the banks take the risk of they want to bet on 17 year olds pursuing English degrees.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I'd be in favor of something linked to public service or underpaid careers like teachers...Instead this is going to a bunch of shithead grad students who have worthless degrees in Equity Studies.

There already is the PLSF but that program was equally a disaster and I paid my loans off a year before I would have qualified to have them forgiven under PLSF. 

To your point though, the real thing that needs addressed is grad school loans. The vast majority of student load debt is graduate debt. The problem is the graduate degree is not worth the paper it's written on. So why are people getting them? Simply put, proffessional gate keeping. Hyper-scholasticism has seeded it's way into nearly every field. The Air Force is complicit in it. How long did we make people get a useless masters to pin on Major? You still need it for O-6. Education is another. A lot of states require educators to have a masters degree within 10 years of licensure to maintain their license. Social work, requires a masters degree. Want to go to the airlines? Almost all of us have a story about our masters degree in God knows what circled on our airline resume..... to be a first pilot. MBAs are being required for all levels of management in all sorts of industry. So take for instance being a retail store manager.... They like to see MBAs now. Even law degrees, which I thought actually held value, really do not. The average law school graduate salary is extremely low when you remove the top 10% of earners. The vast majority of law school graduates actually make less than 70K/year. It's the exceptional JD/MBAs from top 25 schools making 700K a year doing finance jiujutsu for hedge funds that misconstrue the mean wages to look so top heavy. 

In all of these cases, simply possessing the degree, does not actually give you access to higher earnings. It only gets you access to the field or the ability to stay in it. I don't know how to fix it, bit I know AADs is where we need to start. 

Edited by FLEA

18 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I wonder where the blame will be deflected for the additional inflation this will cause.

13 minutes ago, HU&W said:

I wonder where the blame will be deflected for the additional inflation this will cause.

It will be Russia's, Reagan's, Trump's and all of the heterosexual white males' faults.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

"President Biden’s bold action is a strong step in Democrats’ fight to expand access to higher education and empower every American to reach fulfillment" - Election year Pelosi

vs.

"People think that the president of the United States has the power for debt forgiveness.  He does not. He can postpone. He can delay. But he does not have that power." - Non-election year Pelosi

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2