The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

The annual Congressional Baseball Game which raises MILLION for charity and it supposed to be a "unification event" has AGAIN been tarnished by the DNC.  "House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the coach for the Democratic team, said in an interview with Fox News’ Chad Pergram that comradery and the players’ love for baseball was the reason the congressional members continue to set aside their differences for the game."

Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-CA) showing her true colors.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e00b16bb90c4c330c7

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

The annual Congressional Baseball Game which raises MILLION for charity and it supposed to be a "unification event" has AGAIN been tarnished by the DNC.  "House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the coach for the Democratic team, said in an interview with Fox News’ Chad Pergram that comradery and the players’ love for baseball was the reason the congressional members continue to set aside their differences for the game."

So brave

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

What a Charming Undeniable Natural Talent.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

She'll claim they made rude comments to her. 

I see the reason they put in a pinch runner.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, arg said:

She'll claim they made rude comments to her. 

I see the reason they put in a pinch runner.

"The Congressional Baseball Game is one of my favorite events of the year. It’s a great cause and brings both sides of the aisle together for a night off from partisan politics," the statement read. "That is why it really struck a nerve when I heard an offensive and misogynistic comment from the Republican side on my way back to the dugout." 

Imagine that…

If they did say something misogynistic, say what it was. Call the asshole out. 

But I’m pretty sure you’re probably just a bitch. 

Edited by kaputt

2 hours ago, kaputt said:

"The Congressional Baseball Game is one of my favorite events of the year. It’s a great cause and brings both sides of the aisle together for a night off from partisan politics," the statement read. "That is why it really struck a nerve when I heard an offensive and misogynistic comment from the Republican side on my way back to the dugout." 

Imagine that…

If they did say something misogynistic, say what it was. Call the asshole out. 

But I’m pretty sure you’re probably just a bitch. 

Called it!

17 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Yikes, woof!

7 hours ago, uhhello said:

How he and Lloyd still have jobs after the global embarrassment that was our NEO of AFG is beyond me. If the 2024 Republican nominee doesn’t play reels of Afghans falling off the C-17, 24/7, they don’t deserve to be President. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, busdriver said:

What are the odds this turns into a queep discussion about whether or not paperwork was done correctly after Trump declared a bunch of shit de-classified?

Assuming that's the defense they go with the question will be, 

Does the prosecution have to prove it was still classified and no process to declassify it took place (and what is that process?) or does the defense have to prove it was declassified (and they're not retroactively saying that)?

No legal expert but assuming the whole innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Is "I totally declared that declassified" but there's no paperwork, notes, videos, audio, witnesses etc. reasonable enough doubt? Is that enough for someone to have doubt that it's legit vs retroactive CYA for law breaking. 

Also if that defense does hold up and doing so somehow does count what are the actual National Security implications? Is this material now accessible to the general public via FOIA request? It theoretically should be if unclasses. Remember TS is material that would "cause "exceptionally grave damage" to national security if made publicly available." 

Edit: Apparently may not matter.

"But whether the former president actually declassified the documents may not ultimately matter. The Espionage Act, for instance, does not distinguish between classified and declassified materials – unauthorized retention of any document relevant to the statute remains a crime. "

Edited by LiquidSky

what is happening to former President Trump is an obscenely inappropriate. The FBI & DOJ have lost credibility.  Thus far these investigations have amounted to hoax after hoax after hoax followed by blowing out of proportion small procedural issues.  Maybe this one has real meat (doubtful), maybe not, but at this juncture that aspect is irrelevant.

None of us on this forum knows what was in those boxes or what storage agreements had been negotiated, but we do know there was a legal mechanism to address grievances before executing a high profile armed raid as performed. That operation was 100% designed to intimidate and humiliate a political opponent, and that is clear as day.  Indefensible.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2