The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

2 hours ago, dream big said:

No it doesn’t, people get upset when you point out the obvious that the handlers behind the scenes are really running the country.

As for the train wreck and lack of competence, it seems lately that more on the left are more concerned with optics (intersectionality, social justice and identity politics) than anything…so much so that competence and meritocracy be damned.  

How do CNN, MSNBC etc portray these two? Do they hide the gaffes and missteps (yes). That’s all that matters. 

Top list shows what folks care about, bottom list shows what the media is focusing on.  All to create drama and views folks...

Edited by GrndPndr
Added words for context
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 11:04 PM, Prozac said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-23/mucho-del-crudo-liberado-por-biden-terminar-an-en-china-india

It’s sour crude that US refiners don’t want. But, as always, don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story. #Hunter’s laptop. Standing by for “edgy” meme response in 3….2….

This is quite conveniently timed. Now that we have Hunter Biden, on tape, admitting that the Russian Mafia stole a laptop full of incriminating evidence, with the potential to blackmail him, while he makes "gajillions," I'd say the laptop story has some legs.

Edited by Lord Ratner

50 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Inflation just hit a 40 year high at 9.1% and is likely remain high for the foreseeable future, but thankfully no mean tweets.

It's a transitory peak, don't worry 🤣😂

If you really want a laugh, find one of the sites that uses the 1980 inflation formula. It's more like an 80 year high.

Edited by Lord Ratner

17 minutes ago, M2 said:

What's more baffling is that we have metric shit ton more general officers than is actually needed and to top it off we hire retired GO's at an hourly rate to consult the bloated ranks.

• Upvote 1

Just watched the Hunter Biden videos. That fact these aren't dominating the news cycle is a testament to a broken system. 

I know we only have 3 liberals here, but I'd love to hear a defense of the near media-blackout. If Eric Trump had 15 seconds of similar video leaked, it would have never ended.

The dude flat out says his laptop, stolen by Russians, could be used to blackmail him.

It's mind-blowing.

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

This is quite conveniently timed. Now that we have Hunter Biden, on tape, admitting that the Russian Mafia stole a laptop full of incriminating evidence, with the potential to blackmail him, while he makes "gajillions," I'd say the laptop story has some legs.

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

Just watched the Hunter Biden videos. That fact these aren't dominating the news cycle is a testament to a broken system. 

I know we only have 3 liberals here, but I'd love to hear a defense of the near media-blackout. If Eric Trump had 15 seconds of similar video leaked, it would have never ended.

The dude flat out says his laptop, stolen by Russians, could be used to blackmail him.

It's mind-blowing.

Ok, I’ll engage. I have a couple questions. I assume the “Hunter Biden videos” you speak of are the alleged footage that was retrieved from the recent reported hack of his phone.

Question one: has any outlet actually gone on the record confirming that the videos are genuine? 

Question two: Let’s give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that these videos did in fact come off Hunter Biden’s personal device. What illegal and/or compromising activities do they show President Biden engaged in? 

I get the point you’re trying to make about Eric Trump & agree the liberal media would’ve had a field day with it, just as conservative outlets never seem to tire of Hunter hit pieces. At the end of the day, unless Hunter works on his father’s staff (last I checked Joe wasn’t nearly as into the whole nepotism scene as Donald was) or there is real, direct evidence tying his behavior to some wrongdoing on the president’s part, all this story is ever going to be is a partisan fluff piece to rile up the opposition. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Prozac said:

Ok, I’ll engage. I have a couple questions. I assume the “Hunter Biden videos” you speak of are the alleged footage that was retrieved from the recent reported hack of his phone.

Question one: has any outlet actually gone on the record confirming that the videos are genuine? 

Question two: Let’s give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that these videos did in fact come off Hunter Biden’s personal device. What illegal and/or compromising activities do they show President Biden engaged in? 

I get the point you’re trying to make about Eric Trump & agree the liberal media would’ve had a field day with it, just as conservative outlets never seem to tire of Hunter hit pieces. At the end of the day, unless Hunter works on his father’s staff (last I checked Joe wasn’t nearly as into the whole nepotism scene as Donald was) or there is real, direct evidence tying his behavior to some wrongdoing on the president’s part, all this story is ever going to be is a partisan fluff piece to rile up the opposition. 

I'm not sure that's the appropriate metric.

Biden isn't selling water softeners at Costco, he's the leader of the free world, elected by us. Part of the application for the job is what kind of a man or woman you are. 

Of course one of my main arguments *against* Trump to the conservatives I fly with has been that America deserves a better man than Trump. I always ask, "would you want your daughter dating Trump?" And "Trump has cheated on every relationship he's been in." These stories were not systematically hidden from the American voters by the press and Big Tech.

Say what you will, but Trump raised three very functional children who are fiercely loyal to him (with two still to be determined). There is much more to consider, but that says a lot to a lot of voters.

And he was up against a candidate who regularly painted himself as a grounded, no-nonsense family man. Biden was one of the dumbest people in the Senate for years, but he was supposed to be moderate and compassionate.

Obama was clearly a man deeply committed to his wife and kids. But the "smartest man I know" according to Joe Biden was addicted to hookers, crack, illegally owned firearms, and curiously, filming all of his crimes. That same son, deeply flawed, had incredibly lucrative connections to foreign businesses with government ties to our adversaries, all on the basis of his blood connection to the senator/vice president/president.

You don't think that's relevant to the voters interest in selecting a president? You don't think most people will look at that dumpster fire of a 52-year old and think, no way his high-profile parents aren't aware of this? How would that story affect a security clearance? 

OSI: Do you or any of your family members have connections to officials of foreign governments?

You: Me? No not really. My son is on the board of several foreign companies with ties to their respective governments. Hmm? Oh yeah, China is one of them, sure. And he has hours of footage of him engaging in illegal activities involving drugs, prostitutes, and firearms, many of which he suspects have already been seized by members of the Russian Mafia. But other than that I can't think of anything...

Right...

By this logic, what did the candidate do that was illegal, many of the arguments against Trump vaporize too, as they still remain largely unproven.

As to question one, seriously? First, have you seen any of the videos? They are hilarious, but quite obviously real. Second, have you ever, EVER, in your life, seen politicians let that type of story hit without categorically rejecting it? Your question should be has any Biden family member actually gone on the record denying the authenticity of the videos? Spoiler alert: no.

I'm not sure the nepotism argument has legs given the Kennedy, Bush, Clinton dynasties. Ultimately it's not illegal, nor should it be, to use family members as advisors, or for them to use their name as a campaign tool. I wish the American people didn't go for it, but it's not illegal.

Joe Biden rented his home to the secret service for years. Trump rented them rooms at his hotels. Ok, neither really bothered me. But Trump's kids didn't become "gajillionaires" because of their father's access to the highest office in the world. And at least the American people got the Abraham accords out of the arrangement. What are we getting now?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Prozac said:

The videos are entertaining and certainly speak to the kind of person Hunter is, but to me, that's not the big revelation of the devices.

The big revelation is that Hunter believes his dad is a pedophile, supported by what Biden's daughter has asserted about inappropriate showers when she was growing up. 

And there is the concerning part about "10% for the big guy" from foreign governments at a time when Biden was VP.

I also now question the motives of the 50+ "intelligence experts" who signed a letter saying the laptop was a hoax. Can those people still be trusted with national security if they are willing to lie for political favors? 

In the end, whether Hunter's behavior should reflect on Biden or not is irrelevant... what we should be concerned about is that the national intelligence apparatus and the news media did everything in their power to tilt an election.  

Edited by pawnman
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, pawnman said:

The videos are entertaining and certainly speak to the kind of person Hunter is, but to me, that's not the big revelation of the devices.

The big revelation is that Hunter believes his dad is a pedophile, supported by what Biden's daughter has asserted about inappropriate showers when she was growing up. 

And there is the concerning part about "10% for the big guy" from foreign governments at a time when Biden was VP.

I also now question the motives of the 50+ "intelligence experts" who signed a letter saying the laptop was a hoax. Can those people still be trusted with national security if they are willing to lie for political favors? 

In the end, whether Hunter's behavior should reflect on Biden or not is irrelevant... what we should be concerned about is that the national intelligence apparatus and the news media did everything in their power to tilt an election.  

Yup, you just have to spend .02 seconds thinking about why we don't give clearances to people like this.

3 hours ago, pawnman said:

The Intel officers need to resign. These are largely people that had no access to evidence or data that would allow them to make any conjecture on the authenticity of the laptop yet they still thought they could use their proffessional titles to falsely influence the public discourse. You're squadron Intel officer is an "Intel proffessional" but should h/she be commenting with their politically biased opinion of current events at a national public level?

Rather.... This was 50 left leaning people who worked in the IC and decided to take it upon themselves to release a letter of something they knew nothing about to try and persuade national opinion. It's absolutely disgraceful. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Rather.... This was 50 left leaning people who worked in the IC and decided to take it upon themselves to release a letter of something they knew nothing about to try and persuade national opinion. It's absolutely disgraceful. 

It’s also possibly illegal. 

Of course nothing will happen. 

• Upvote 2