The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

6 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

//

If the poor can't....invest (wildly overpriced equities), can't support a family on a single income, and especially when the implications of the Millennials being the first generation to be worse-off financially than their parents becomes the norm, cheap TVs and free phones won't keep them quiet.

Agree with several attributable facts you present, however...

Who's says the poor can't invest? What's stopping them? 

If you don't understand Cramer's Rule 1: "Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money and Pigs Get Slaughtered"...then perhaps its their education/understanding that is the problem. Side note, last I saw Robin Hood made some small investors thousands, and yes others lost -- but they were investing!

20 minutes ago, kaputt said:

I would say the lack of having any disposable income is a pretty big barrier to the poor investing. 

Agreed. Tough to invest when you're making choices between paying the electric bill and groceries. 

6 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Explain all the god-fearing, Christian single moms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s always my fellow “Christians” that go ape shit on TDYs, to include female officers break dancing on dudes in clubs. 

12 hours ago, Swizzle said:

Agree with several attributable facts you present, however...

Who's says the poor can't invest? What's stopping them? 

If you don't understand Cramer's Rule 1: "Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money and Pigs Get Slaughtered"...then perhaps its their education/understanding that is the problem. Side note, last I saw Robin Hood made some small investors thousands, and yes others lost -- but they were investing!

Here's an unpopular opinion:

You shouldn't have to invest in the stock market to improve your financial situation. 

There is one constant over the last three recessions. The retail investors always get cleaned out. Look up how Robin Hood makes money.

The further we get from being an economy that rewards productivity, the worse this is going to get. Banking should not be the easiest way to become a millionaire.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

The further we get from being an economy that rewards productivity, the worse this is going to get. Banking should not be the easiest way to become a millionaire.

This is a problem is a long time in the making and will hurt to correct.  Cheap money, government bailouts and speculation have sustained companies with bad business plans since the great recession.  In order for capitalism to work, stuff needs to fail.  Would Boeing be solvent without cheap credit and the implied government backstop?  Boeing in particular focuses more capital on lobbying and regulatory capture than engineering.  That only makes sense if the conditions allow it.

I know I'm picking on Boeing, but some version of that exists in a multitude of industries.  And with the banking industry, will you get more bang for your buck from lobbying, or better underwriting and research?  Until the risk of failure is back on the table, companies will play with the house money, knowing their hedge is the government bailout.    

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/29/2022 at 2:47 PM, uhhello said:

That god damn whack a loon (Boebert) won her primary. I feel like I'm on a deserted island surrounded by morons.  

But nary a word regarding:

-Maxine Waters 

-Ilhan Omar who 

- AOC

- Jamie Pressley

-Jamilla Prayapal 

- etc, etc,

I'd say those congresscritters, in particular, are more destructive than 2nd Amendment advocate Boebart.

Huh, interesting, I guess...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

-Maxine Waters 

-Ilhan Omar who 

- AOC

- Jamie Pressley

-Jamilla Prayapal 

- etc, etc,

I'd say those congresscritters, in particular, are more destructive than 2nd Amendment advocate Boebart.

Exactly what I'd expect from you.  My disapointment is because I definitely lean conservative.  She and what she supposedly runs on is not my values or anything close to the consistution.  

The what aboutism is nauseating now days.  

40 minutes ago, uhhello said:

Exactly what I'd expect from you.  My disapointment is because I definitely lean conservative.  She and what she supposedly runs on is not my values or anything close to the consistution.  

You were expecting something else from someone who “debates” points brought up in the thread with memes?

1 hour ago, uhhello said:

If she's your representative, then fair enough.

If not, then yes, you are singling out a vaguely nutty rep as opposed to particularly heinous ones regardless of political party.

As well as slamming those constituents who have a different opinion than you.  Seems a bit high-handed to substitute your judgement for theirs.  

As well as pointless.

2 hours ago, brickhistory said:

-Maxine Waters 

-Ilhan Omar who 

- AOC

- Jamie Pressley

-Jamilla Prayapal 

- etc, etc,

Boebert is a nut job that hurts the overall conservative movement. That is true no matter what nutty folks the left puts up and/or elects.

Two things can be true. 

1 hour ago, brickhistory said:

If she's your representative, then fair enough.

If not, then yes, you are singling out a vaguely nutty rep as opposed to particularly heinous ones regardless of political party.

As well as slamming those constituents who have a different opinion than you.  Seems a bit high-handed to substitute your judgement for theirs.  

As well as pointless.

Noted

On 6/29/2022 at 7:58 AM, Lord Ratner said:

What generation do you think made this possible?

I don’t disagree with your overall points, but I do not agree with you broad-brushing an entire generation as an excuse for underperforming millennials. For every asshole baby boomer there’s multiple who have done good things for those younger than them. Assholes fucking over our country/people come in all age groups and each generation will include shitbags who continue to fuck over others; such actions are not trademarked by any generation - past, present, or future. So what about that? Well, again, you can find a way to overcome that shit, or you can cry in the corner sucking your thumb.

• Upvote 1

In other news, Biden embarrassed himself on the international stage, can’t decipher the difference between Switzerland and Sweden, and uses an international forum for defense to talk about his opinion on Roe v Wade, to an audience that generally has stricter abortion bans than America. 

2 hours ago, dream big said:

In other news, Biden embarrassed himself on the international stage, can’t decipher the difference between Switzerland and Sweden, and uses an international forum for defense to talk about his opinion on Roe v Wade, to an audience that generally has stricter abortion bans than America. 

So, you’re saying it was Thursday.  

This is a sweeping generalization: 50s Baby Boomers > 60s protestors > 70s decadents > 80s yuppies > today’s old liberals.  They never lived up to their WW2 vet parents’ accomplishments, so they’ve always felt the need to “do something” even if there’s nothing to do. Combine that with the white guilt from becoming millionaires for doing nothing other than buying a house in the 80s and living off the economic foundations built by the Greatest Generation, and you get a lot of the current Democrat politicians that are striving to accomplish something before they die.

For boomers like Warren, Sanders, Biden, etc, the overturning of Roe v Wade - the single most important social political issue - is absolutely devastating to their self-perceived legacy. From their viewpoint, after a lifetime of comfortable counter-culturalism, seeing the world turning back to that of their war-winning, company-founding, golf-playing dads is absolutely devastating.

• Upvote 1