The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

In a speech last week that almost literally no one watched and certainly very few reported on the speech that Biden gave on this topic.  To wit, anyone who opposes this bill is a racist, George Wallace loving, wrong side of history kind of person who should be shunned.
It wasn't covered because A) it's Biden and no one cares and B) it wasn't in a mean tweet, so life is good...

Rich from a guy who lauded Strom Thurmond as a great person on the floor.
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

This elder abuse is just sad...

Also Biden:

If this election bill is not passed the 2022 elections won't be "legitimate."

He doesn't do contemporaneous.  I'm not sure that it's senility (might be though), so much as his ADD.  That's why this is only the second full news conference he's had since gaining the office.

27 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

This elder abuse is just sad...

Also Biden:

If this election bill is not passed the 2022 elections won't be "legitimate."

It’s not elder abuse, the POS is responsible for his own actions.  He has decades long history of saying the most nonsensical things, not the mention a long history of racist comments that no one cares about since his name is preceded with a D.  It’s okay, half the country voted for him and no mean tweets!

• Upvote 4

It’s not elder abuse, the POS is responsible for his own actions.  He has decades long history of saying the most nonsensical things, not the mention a long history of racist comments that no one cares about since his name is preceded with a D.  It’s okay, half the country voted for him and no mean tweets!

Wrong, he received 81,284,000 (most votes in history). But we must ensure we protect voting rights…

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

So in summary Uncle Joe has:

1.  Screwed the Afghanistan Withdraw.

2.  Torched the stock market (all gains since the election now erased).

3.  Brought inflation home to America.

4.  Failed to stop the virus as promised.

5.  Opened the door for Russia to invade Ukraine.

6.  Allowed China to rage in the South Pacific and now launch large force packages at Taiwan.

7.  Tried bring us all back together by destroying the filibuster.

He sure has re-established America on the world stage. 

Yes Trump is an ass, a horrible person, but this was worth all your hate?  Simply unreal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 11

On 1/25/2022 at 2:09 AM, ClearedHot said:

...Torched the stock market (all gains since the election now erased).

Believe what you want on the other points, but this is not true.

• DJIA close 3 Nov 2020 (election day): 27,480
  • DJIA close 20 Jan 2021 (inauguration day): 31,188
  • DJIA close 26 Jan 2022 (today): 34,168

• S&P 500 close 3 Nov 2020: 3,369
  • S&P 500 close 20 Jan 2021: 3,851
  • S&P 500 close 26 Jan 2022: 4,349

Stocks have indeed taken a dip off all-time highs in the last 3 weeks but...🤷‍♂️

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 2

Guest LumberjackAxe

Yeah, Biden hasn't actually done much except get me a 23% return on my investments last year, I really can't complain about that.

Until I had to sell my crypto portfolio to pay for groceries, that is.

Guest LumberjackAxe

I really think Biden is going to be our sacrificial president and fall on his own sword so others with reputations at stake and with an actual future can benefit.

- Afghanistan was going to fall to the Taliban no matter when we pulled out, so no president wanted that in their term... then Biden comes around and pulls out, sacrificing his reputation in the process, but ending that goddamn pointless war

- Inflation... he's gonna have to pull a Paul Volcker to end it, which is also going tank his reputation AND the economy... but if the Democrats were smart, they'd stick Biden with all this shit to get it over with and run someone else in 2024

3 hours ago, LumberjackAxe said:

... then Biden comes around and pulls out...

Seriously?  I doubt the man has gotten  into anything to pull out of in a very long time!

3 hours ago, LumberjackAxe said:

...if the Democrats were smart, they'd stick Biden with all this shit to get it over with and run someone else in 2024

First, that's a helluva assumption!  There's no way they would not put forward an incumbent president unless it's for health issues.  Otherwise it proves he hasn't done the job as well as they keep claiming he has.  Also, they next logical choice would be the VP, and her ratings are falling even faster than his.

If the Democrats were smart, they'd realize Biden was a one-and-done without mulligans; but in my opinion his "performance" has not only set them up for a huge hit during the mid-terms, but also in 2024.   If they were smart, they'd have an exit plan better than the one they employed for Afghanistan.  That would require not only taking Joe out of the picture, but Kamala as well.   And despite what she thinks, it ain't gonna be Hilary either.  The Democrats don't have a lot of time to get their shit together!  All debates on voter fraud aside, they got lucky in 2020 and Biden's victory was more about people with hurt feelings over Trump more than a true belief that he would be a better president.

Don't get me wrong, there was a lot wrong about Trump but in comparison Biden's performance can be summed up in a single graphic...

Dumpster On Fire GIFs | Tenor 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sim said:

I've "lost" a year worth of gains just in this month.  FJB! 

As the old saying goes, “When the index is up and your portfolio is down, blame the President!” 😄

I know it sucks when your pixilated monkey JPEGs and virtual dog coins and 90s video game stonks plunge, but try to leave Uncle Joe out of it.

I’ve been 💎🙌 into this obscure thing called VFIAX for about 15 years now, check it out 💰📈 HODL!

Biden will announce that he's not going to run for reelection. That way the Democrats can run a legitimate primary, because they recognize if Kamala is the presumptive candidate, they're done. I expect the entire democratic machine to come out and work against her, just like the Republican machine will work against Trump if he decides to try again. Neither side is interested in running a deeply unpopular candidate right now.

My fear is that the Republicans will run Ron DeSantis, who I like a great deal, but he has no hook. Just a boring white guy, and that's not gonna be enough.

If he runs as Nikki Haley's vice president, that could do the trick. At least then he'll have name recognition after her second term.

I think the Democrats are just as unsure as we are about who they're going to run. The war between the progressive wing and the liberal Wing has only gotten worse since 2020.

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Upvote 1

So an interesting play is to put Kamala on the supreme court. This allows Joe, or his handlers anyway, to anoint a new golden child while bypassing that sticky mess of democracy via a public election. Especially since Dems hold the house and Senate now and could get a replacement confirmed on their own terms. 

Then when Joe declines to run in '24 for "health reasons", they have an incumbent VP ready for the ballot. 

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. 

21 minutes ago, FLEA said:

So an interesting play is to put Kamala on the supreme court. This allows Joe, or his handlers anyway, to anoint a new golden child while bypassing that sticky mess of democracy via a public election. Especially since Dems hold the house and Senate now and could get a replacement confirmed on their own terms. 

Then when Joe declines to run in '24 for "health reasons", they have an incumbent VP ready for the ballot. 

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. 

If Biden nominates Harris to SCOTUS and she is confirmed, then the VP position is vacant, and Biden’s nominee for a new VP needs to be confirmed by both the House and the Senate.  But…the Senate would then be 50-50 split, with no tie breaker.  So If the GOP wanted to, the VP position would go unfilled and no legislation could get through the Senate without at least 1 GOP Senator signing off.  So without some major concessions to the GOP, they’d be back at gridlock (which I’m personally a fan of).

BL:  Harris is staying where she’s at for the time being