The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

12 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I can't believe anyone would think this is alright.

1037136595_ScreenShot2021-11-04at8_35_41PM.png

They don't. The problem is they don't believe it in the first place. The current system has been set up perfectly so that each side inherently does not believe the other side.

This is the problem with making a broad derogatory judgement about the other "side." If you simply disagree with someone, it's not hard to find common ground. But no one wants to have common ground with someone who is evil or stupid.

And unfortunately it's not just Democrats now. It blows my mind how many captains I fly with honestly believe that liberal voters hate success, or hate white people, or hate America. Make no mistake, I believe the highest level of political activists, media personalities, and in many cases elected politicians on the left do in fact hate America as it is today and are indeed Marxist at heart. But to think that Insanity infects the average Democratic voter is nuts.

2 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

They don't. The problem is they don't believe it in the first place. The current system has been set up perfectly so that each side inherently does not believe the other side.

This is the problem with making a broad derogatory judgement about the other "side." If you simply disagree with someone, it's not hard to find common ground. But no one wants to have common ground with someone who is evil or stupid.

And unfortunately it's not just Democrats now. It blows my mind how many captains I fly with honestly believe that liberal voters hate success, or hate white people, or hate America. Make no mistake, I believe the highest level of political activists, media personalities, and in many cases elected politicians on the left do in fact hate America as it is today and are indeed Marxist at heart. But to think that Insanity infects the average Democratic voter is nuts.

I appreciate this sentiment. On the flip side, there were an awful lot of Democratic voters who vilified anyone voting for Trump as a racist, fascist hypocrite. You and I may not agree on much here, but I think we are on the same page when I hear you argue against defining large swaths of Americans by actions of people off in the fringes. Thanks for being a voice of reason here. 

On 11/4/2021 at 7:34 PM, ClearedHot said:

By the way, that's Charles Dolan in the picture with Biden.  I used to laugh when people said the phrase "deep state", I am not laughing now.

Welcome newfriend. The ride never ends.

1601068279000.gif

17 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Is there a negative to project Veritas? Are they tied to a negative group or something? I don’t know a ton about them other than the obvious of themselves connecting to Christianity by virtue of the name.

They were linked to the Trump campaign in 2016 and taken to court for "political spying".

A few of the videos have been shown to be edited in dishonest ways.

That said...they've gotten some interesting soundbites out of liberals over the past few years, including Bernie's campaign manager claiming they'd set a major city on fire if he didn't win the nomination (I think it was Minneapolis, but I could be wrong.)

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

They were linked to the Trump campaign in 2016 and taken to court for "political spying".

That would be a view from MSNBC or typical lying left. 

I think PV forced lying news to retract their lies over 350 times. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 11/6/2021 at 9:22 AM, pawnman said:

That said...they've gotten some interesting soundbites out of liberals over the past few years, including Bernie's campaign manager claiming they'd set a major city on fire if he didn't win the nomination (I think it was Minneapolis, but I could be wrong.)

Par for the course for the average Bernie supporter.  

Speaking of Project Veritas, the FBI has been raiding numerous homes of the their journalists, including O'Keefe's.

Searching for the "stolen" diary of the President's daughter.  Which contains some icky stuff concerning "inappropriate" showers with said daughter and senile Joe. (Diary was supposedly left behind at a rehab clinic and found by next patient who tried selling it to various outlets including Project Veritas)

Project Veritas did NOT run any of the material and tried to return it to a Biden lawyer who refused it.  So they turned it over to law enforcement for return to Biden's.

Another outlet did print some of the material just prior to the election, but it gained no traction with any major outlets.

Imagine if that were Trump's name associated with said showers - like the non-existent Russian golden showers or insinuations of incest with his daughter.

I used to have so much respect for the FBI.  Now, I wouldn't give them the time of day and would instantly lawyer up if an agent so much as said "Good morning" to me.

Sad.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

Like every organization in the MSM?

Yes. Which doesn't make it okay. Calling yourself "project veritas" and then exhibiting the exact same behavior as the dumpster fire MSM is exactly the problem. 

If you want to hold a moral high ground over the MSM and the left in general, you actually have to conduct yourself to a higher standard than they do. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Yes. Which doesn't make it okay. Calling yourself "project veritas" and then exhibiting the exact same behavior as the dumpster fire MSM is exactly the problem. 

If you want to hold a moral high ground over the MSM and the left in general, you actually have to conduct yourself to a higher standard than they do. 

It's hard to win when your opponent plays by an entirely difference set of rules.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

It's hard to win when your opponent plays by an entirely difference set of rules.

That's why you should choose to not even partake in their dumb game. Eventually  people will come to see your side as the one with standards and credibility. Eternally engaging in shit slinging with people who are always willing to stoop lower than you is a losing battle. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Pooter said:

That's why you should choose to not even partake in their dumb game. Eventually  people will come to see your side as the one with standards and credibility. Eternally engaging in shit slinging with people who are always willing to stoop lower than you is a losing battle. 

I think you're giving the average American a lot more credit than you probably should. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Curious how the calls for "can't we all get along" arise when one political outlook is in power.

But should a different one get into office, everyone is Hitler.

I'm all for reasoned conversations.  I'm not for turning the other cheek after the first one is black and blue.

And usually under some sort of federal investigation whether it be Congressional, DOJ/FBI...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Pooter said:

Word is Biden did a little shit slinging at the Vatican...in his pants.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, skybert said:

Nothing, not a damn thing will come of it. They are the party of perverts and hypocrites 

If you think either party has the market cornered on hypocrisy or perversion, I’ve got a bridge to sell you. 

• Upvote 1