The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

1 hour ago, dogfish78 said:

Of course how could I have forgotten that! Guns are violent and violence is bad and that is why only the State should have guns because the State is good.

Yes I took my 15th Pfizer booster because General Shekelburg told me to, how could you tell?

I sometimes wonder how many gun toting types have ever been in a situation to realize how little comfort carrying a gun gives you (or at least me)..That's why I have stopped recommending Horse dewormer and suggested using Pig tranquilizer..it works just as well for the bug (not at all)  AND cools off any idea of invading the Capitol..or shooting someone..

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 5

4 hours ago, dream big said:

Let’s not pretend that that’s not a desired end state for many powerful democrats sitting in congress right now.  Marxism 101, take the guns first. 

Will it happen? No, thankfully thanks to checks and balances but it’s very concerning when you look at the strategy of some of these folks and the line between that and historical Marxism is very blurred. 

It gets even more blurry for many people when you tell them that most Republicans are diet-Democrats and equally want to take the citizenry's firearms too. 

25 minutes ago, Alpharatz said:

I sometimes wonder how many gun toting types have ever been in a situation to realize how little comfort carrying a gun gives you (or at least me)

No disrespect to you, but I, and millions of other citizens feel immense comfort carrying a firearm wherever I go. If you've ever been in a fight, you'll know there are no rules and no one is going to fight fair. This isn't a referreed martial arts match. It's life or death/serious physical injury.

Ever wonder what the police's response time is in the city/suburban area? Sometimes a few minutes if there's a unit available a few blocks away and they can locate you easily IF you're a priority call IF you can even make the 911 call. But many times, they're blacked out and no one is coming to save you until those units are clear from other priority calls. So what do you do? Be victimized?

Every wonder what the police's response time is in a rural area? Average in my area is probably 15 minutes minimum. Sometimes the unit is completely across the other side of the 700+ square mile county and an emergency response is 45 minutes, because there's only one or two units working. Again what do you do, be victimized?

All this is predicated on the scenario that your potential assailant doesn't just gut your intestines out from you/blast your brains out in seconds because they want your vehicle or because they think you're a space lizard. Even if police could always respond anywhere in the nation in under 30 seconds, it still won't save you from an assailant who wants to hurt or kill your NOW.

Maybe you've never been a victim or witness to a violent crime. I have, and many others have too. That might be the wake up call to you if you don't learn from the wisdom of those who carry to protect themselves and others. I suggest you watch some videos online of how quick everyday encounters can turn deadly. Remember, not everyone out there is a sane good meaning person. There are legitimate psychos out there and also many that are drunk, drugged, or deranged and every single day you share society with them.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:12 PM, VMFA187 said:

Question for anyone who voted for the current administration - Are you happy with the current state of our nation? If so, what makes you feel that way?

At least there are no mean tweets! 

Trump was an immoral option! 

Diversity is our strength....

#sarcasm.....

Edited by Lowspeedhidrag
Auto correct

On 9/28/2021 at 7:20 AM, dream big said:

Let’s not pretend that that’s not a desired end state for many powerful democrats sitting in congress right now.  Marxism 101, take the guns first. 

Will it happen? No, thankfully thanks to checks and balances but it’s very concerning when you look at the strategy of some of these folks and the line between that and historical Marxism is very blurred. 

I can remember a time when I held a very firm belief that our government wouldn’t actually make a run on our right to own guns.  This was largely due to the fact that I didn’t think there were enough members of our military or police force that would salute smartly and do the work necessary to remove guns from law abiding citizens.  I’m clearly wrong.  Hell, I’m convinced that there are folks on these very threads that would gladly get behind gun confiscation efforts.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

I can remember a time when I held a very firm belief that our government wouldn’t actually make a run on our right to own guns.  This was largely due to the fact that I didn’t think there were enough members of our military or police force that would salute smartly and do the work necessary to remove guns from law abiding citizens.  I’m clearly wrong.  Hell, I’m convinced that there are folks on these very threads that would gladly get behind gun confiscation efforts.   

You may well be right.

Can you imagine the logistics involved in removing all of the legal firearms in the US (Illegal firearms won't be removed)?  I mean going door to door, and searching every nook and cranny in every house apartment and business in the nation - wow.  I think they'll use more insidious methods to start out with, however, including bribes, extortion and the IRS.  

Apologies for slipping into conspiracy land for a moment, but that would be a huge effort, eh?

On 9/27/2021 at 6:12 PM, VMFA187 said:

Question for anyone who voted for the current administration - Are you happy with the current state of our nation? If so, what makes you feel that way?

I know that this is intentional bait, but I’ll respond.

Almost everyone on this forum didn’t vote for Biden, per say. They voted against Trump. I bet many would do it again. I think that’s the crux of the issue.

In almost no ways do I think we’d be in a better spot as a nation with Trump at the reigns. I agree with your assessment of many of this admin’s errors. It sucks. But do I think it’d be better with Trump? Fuck no. The Trump admin did more to dismantle the credibility of our democracy and give credence to blatant conspiracy theorists and bigots than anyone in recent history. I can think of very few Trump policies domestically, internationally, economically, or militarily that I really wish Biden would implement.

Is the economy worse now? No, but it’s not better. We’re fucked and have been ever since Obama era Fed reserves pumped $4T into the stock market. Trumps economic policies pumped $3T in in 12 months. Turns out blue and red are both idiots here who will play fiscal conservative when it’s convenient but still do the same thing.

Is the military worse now? It’s good we actually left Afghanistan. How we did it was stupid, but it took some balls to just pull the cord and leave. Withdrawals are messy. But we are going to benefit from that, I think. I have no idea if Trump would have followed through. Are we going to modernize to be relevant on the world stage? No, doubt it. Probably would do better with Trump here, but we could have an argument on whether or not it’s even possible. Tell me if you think a war in the Taiwan straits is actually winnable from not just a military perspective, but a geopolitical one.

Are we doing better with COVID? Maybe. Current admin definitely has a more coherent messaging schema and plan. I do believe that vaccines were created and pushed more under Biden than they would have been under Trump, which contributed to higher rates. Delta would have hit regardless, and I’m sure Trump would have been peddling pseudo science, still. Sucks the vaccine doesn’t work nearly as well as we hoped, not really a clear path forward here.

From an economic inequality perspective, I have an admin that isn’t literally run by a sociopathic billionaire. The fact that they are talking about finding ways to close loopholes that allow the mega rich to have a lower effective tax rate than a teacher is the right answer. If that involves taxing unrealized gains above a certain threshold, then do it. I wholly believe that Reagan era economic principles of just giving rich people all the money, which is what Trump selfishly pushed, are part of the moral decline of our country that basically started right after the Reagan admin.

Are we socially better off? This is the big win. But it’s all only temporary. Putting hateful folks in their place by showing them more than half the country disagree has been nice. I know you guys largely don’t fall into that group, but the idiots that were empowered during the Trump admin to say racist, authoritarian bullshit really helped the unraveling of America.

Our our allegiances across the world in a better spot? Yeah, I think so. Public perception of America has shifted an order of magnitude in our favor. And I believe we will not be a superpower by our own choosing, as we were between 1990-2020, anymore. We live and die based on our alliances and diplomacy as China expands.

Is the future brighter? I mean, maybe more so than the Trump admin, but the future is pretty god damn dim. Global warming, climate refugees, and water wars are actually going to be catastrophic events in the next century. The Trump admin chose to actively dismantle any efforts to think about that, so that we could compete with China. Not an effective strategy. I appreciate having a 10-20 year plan on how to tackle a problem, as opposed to the Trump admins easy button of “well deal with that later, we have to use coal to beat China,” when we’ll never actually “beat” China.

Moral of the story is from a I-voted-against-Trump standpoint I’m happy he’s not there in basically all areas other than military modernization. I would not say I’m happy I got Biden. But it’s the lesser of two evils in this dumbass iteration of a democratic republic that is really just a nicely wrapped 2 party system. Implement ranked choice voting and expand past the biggest issue with our country: 2 party politics. I don’t want Biden. I don’t want Trump. I don’t think anyone is “happy.”

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

Does his/her/its name rhyme with lawnman?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Negatory said:

against Trump

with Trump at the reigns, with Trump, The Trump admin, Trump policies 

Trumps economic policies

if Trump would, with Trump here 

under Trump, I’m sure Trump

run by a sociopathic billionaire, mega rich, Trump selfishly

empowered during the Trump admin to say racist, authoritarian bullshit

the Trump admin, The Trump admin, Trump admins easy button

I-voted-against-Trump, I don’t want Trump 

This shit has gotten really really old.  He’s not the president anymore.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

Does his/her/its name rhyme with lawnman?

Go ahead and find a part where I advocate for more gun control. 

Just because I disagree with you about military vaccination mandates doesn't mean I'm diametrically opposed to every opinion you have. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Negatory said:

Almost everyone on this forum didn’t vote for Biden, per say. They voted against Trump. I bet many would do it again. I think that’s the crux of the issue.

Whose name did you check on the box? Don't excuse yourself from your decision. 

In almost no ways do I think we’d be in a better spot as a nation with Trump at the reigns. I agree with your assessment of many of this admin’s errors. It sucks. But do I think it’d be better with Trump? Fuck no. The Trump admin did more to dismantle the credibility of our democracy and give credence to blatant conspiracy theorists and bigots than anyone in recent history. I can think of very few Trump policies domestically, internationally, economically, or militarily that I really wish Biden would implement.

Energy independence is a bad thing? The media dismantled our credibility with its incessant "Trump-this" and "Trump-that." The constant falsehoods were laughable. 

Is the economy worse now? No, but it’s not better. We’re fucked and have been ever since Obama era Fed reserves pumped $4T into the stock market. Trumps economic policies pumped $3T in in 12 months. Turns out blue and red are both idiots here who will play fiscal conservative when it’s convenient but still do the same thing.

Thoughts on the $3.5T spending plan which is actually going to cost closer to $5-5.5T? Oh wait, disregard, President Biden says it won't cost anything. My mistake. 

Is the military worse now? It’s good we actually left Afghanistan. How we did it was stupid, but it took some balls to just pull the cord and leave. Withdrawals are messy. But we are going to benefit from that, I think. I have no idea if Trump would have followed through. Are we going to modernize to be relevant on the world stage? No, doubt it. Probably would do better with Trump here, but we could have an argument on whether or not it’s even possible. Tell me if you think a war in the Taiwan straits is actually winnable from not just a military perspective, but a geopolitical one.

What do you mean is it worse now? I am being threatened with a dishonorable or other than honorable discharge from the Reserves after 15 sat years, 3 deployments, one to combat where I employed multiple times. I have multiple decorations but because I am hesitant to receive a vaccine that has been known to cause increased and more severe seizure activity in those diagnosed with epilepsy, like myself, I am going to get discharged adversely? 

Are we doing better with COVID? Maybe. Current admin definitely has a more coherent messaging schema and plan. I do believe that vaccines were created and pushed more under Biden than they would have been under Trump, which contributed to higher rates. Delta would have hit regardless, and I’m sure Trump would have been peddling pseudo science, still. Sucks the vaccine doesn’t work nearly as well as we hoped, not really a clear path forward here.

That's interesting because it doesn't seem like it. MANDATED VACCINATIONS are being required or you will lose your job and ability to provide for you family - I also stand to lose my job as an fighter pilot instructor as a civilian if I don't get the vaccine. But sure, if that's how you feel... Feelings are what matter most, after all - Right? The path forward is recognizing that people who didn't take care of this caused this "pandemic." Now all the healthy people who make proper choices are being asked to subsidize their poor decisions. I'm sensing a theme with the party you voted for here...

From an economic inequality perspective, I have an admin that isn’t literally run by a sociopathic billionaire. The fact that they are talking about finding ways to close loopholes that allow the mega rich to have a lower effective tax rate than a teacher is the right answer. If that involves taxing unrealized gains above a certain threshold, then do it. I wholly believe that Reagan era economic principles of just giving rich people all the money, which is what Trump selfishly pushed, are part of the moral decline of our country that basically started right after the Reagan admin.

What happens when the trillionaires President Biden wanted to tax heavily, yes he said "trillionaires," and not billionaires like he, I assume he meant, become millionaires? What then defines millionaires? Is it net worth? Then when that old couple across the street who bought a house in San Diego in the '90s for $350k which is worth $7.5m in 2028 and have retired long ago on social security... Are they included too? Lines are easy to move once they're drawn...

Are we socially better off? This is the big win. But it’s all only temporary. Putting hateful folks in their place by showing them more than half the country disagree has been nice. I know you guys largely don’t fall into that group, but the idiots that were empowered during the Trump admin to say racist, authoritarian bullshit really helped the unraveling of America.

Is that right? From the side of the aisle that supports "science" but says a man can be a woman and vice versa or a million other things, simply based upon how that person feels? What if I 

And what you are referring to was blown massively out of proportion by the MSM. Or perhaps I'm a racist too because I don't believe in critical race theory even after having read the garbage put of by DiAngelo, White Fragility. 

Our our allegiances across the world in a better spot? Yeah, I think so. Public perception of America has shifted an order of magnitude in our favor. And I believe we will not be a superpower by our own choosing, as we were between 1990-2020, anymore. We live and die based on our alliances and diplomacy as China expands.

We'll disagree on that, at least the part regarding our allegiances. We've hung ourselves with making what has always been good, now bad and vice versa and probably won't be able to come out of that unless we have a great Presidential prospect come 2024. But I agree, the left has accomplished their mission and has ended American Exceptionalism. 

Is the future brighter? I mean, maybe more so than the Trump admin, but the future is pretty god damn dim. Global warming, climate refugees, and water wars are actually going to be catastrophic events in the next century. The Trump admin chose to actively dismantle any efforts to think about that, so that we could compete with China. Not an effective strategy. I appreciate having a 10-20 year plan on how to tackle a problem, as opposed to the Trump admins easy button of “well deal with that later, we have to use coal to beat China,” when we’ll never actually “beat” China.

Yeah, making everything that has made America great and making it wrong has worked really well - That makes for a brighter future. What 10-20 year plan? 

Moral of the story is from a I-voted-against-Trump standpoint I’m happy he’s not there in basically all areas other than military modernization. I would not say I’m happy I got Biden. But it’s the lesser of two evils in this dumbass iteration of a democratic republic that is really just a nicely wrapped 2 party system. Implement ranked choice voting and expand past the biggest issue with our country: 2 party politics. I don’t want Biden. I don’t want Trump. I don’t think anyone is “happy.”

That statement sums it up perfectly - Lack of personal accountability. Thank you for that.

What you don't seem to understand, or simply don't care about, is that the water in the pot is heating up... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Negatory said:

Can you expound on just that thought because from where I stand, Biden took our already fragile relationship with NATO and dropped a huge deuce on it. They DO NOT like Biden right now between Afghanistan and AUKUS. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

Whose name did you check on the box? Don't excuse yourself from your decision. 

Energy independence is a bad thing? The media dismantled our credibility with its incessant "Trump-this" and "Trump-that." The constant falsehoods were laughable. 

Thoughts on the $3.5T spending plan which is actually going to cost closer to $5-5.5T? Oh wait, disregard, President Biden says it won't cost anything. My mistake. 

What do you mean is it worse now? I am being threatened with a dishonorable or other than honorable discharge from the Reserves after 15 sat years, 3 deployments, one to combat where I employed multiple times. I have multiple decorations but because I am hesitant to receive a vaccine that has been known to cause increased and more severe seizure activity in those diagnosed with epilepsy, like myself, I am going to get discharged adversely? 

That's interesting because it doesn't seem like it. MANDATED VACCINATIONS are being required or you will lose your job and ability to provide for you family - I also stand to lose my job as an fighter pilot instructor as a civilian if I don't get the vaccine. But sure, if that's how you feel... Feelings are what matter most, after all - Right? The path forward is recognizing that people who didn't take care of this caused this "pandemic." Now all the healthy people who make proper choices are being asked to subsidize their poor decisions. I'm sensing a theme with the party you voted for here...

What happens when the trillionaires President Biden wanted to tax heavily, yes he said "trillionaires," and not billionaires like he, I assume he meant, become millionaires? What then defines millionaires? Is it net worth? Then when that old couple across the street who bought a house in San Diego in the '90s for $350k which is worth $7.5m in 2028 and have retired long ago on social security... Are they included too? Lines are easy to move once they're drawn...

Is that right? From the side of the aisle that supports "science" but says a man can be a woman and vice versa or a million other things, simply based upon how that person feels? What if I 

And what you are referring to was blown massively out of proportion by the MSM. Or perhaps I'm a racist too because I don't believe in critical race theory even after having read the garbage put of by DiAngelo, White Fragility. 

We'll disagree on that, at least the part regarding our allegiances. We've hung ourselves with making what has always been good, now bad and vice versa and probably won't be able to come out of that unless we have a great Presidential prospect come 2024. But I agree, the left has accomplished their mission and has ended American Exceptionalism. 

Yeah, making everything that has made America great and making it wrong has worked really well - That makes for a brighter future. What 10-20 year plan? 

That statement sums it up perfectly - Lack of personal accountability. Thank you for that.

What you don't seem to understand, or simply don't care about, is that the water in the pot is heating up... 

9873028730234.png

13 hours ago, Lowspeedhidrag said:

At least there are no mean tweets! 

Trump was an immoral option! 

Diversity is our strength....

#sarcasm.....

Shiiiiiiieeeeeeeet.

Didn’tYouSeeOurDiversityTweet.jpg

On 9/28/2021 at 4:12 AM, VMFA187 said:

I voted for Biden. And yeah, I'm happy. My W-2 is still higher than ever, my investments are progressing along nicely, and my property values have skyrocketed. In my particular champagne liberal paradise, vaccination rates are high, infection/hospitalization levels are low, and all of our family and friends are vaccinated (except the youngest, but we'll all probably jump on it when it gets approved). We're masked up, out and about, and enjoying life without too many issues. To tell you the truth though, all that would have probably happened regardless of who won the election.

I generally support the masking/vaccine mandates. I'm hoping that will help open up reciprocal international travel agreements so my airline can turn an even higher profit. Plus, I'd imagine we'll shave off some seniority numbers because of it.

And now that I think about it, mil promotion rates for those of us staying in will probably skyrocket because of so many guys like yourself choosing to die on this hill and get kicked out. Sucks they want to give you in particular an adverse discharge. Good luck with the future.

Edited by joe1234
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Let’s dispel the notion that I’m not accountable for my choices. First, I responded to you. And let me double down. When I say I voted against Trump, I mean it. Hell, I maybe even would have voted for Hillary Clinton over Trump. And  that comes from someone who voted for McCain what feels like hundreds of years ago.

@VMFA187Here’s a few points. Yes, developing coal plants at this point in human history is not just bad, it’s a travesty. It’s short sighted idiocy to get rural voters. Cool.

Yeah, I don’t agree with either spending plan.

Youre being threatened with a dishonorable discharge because you wouldn’t get a simple vaccine. You’ll see that we don’t agree on this point. I think you should have gotten it.

Let’s define net worth as above $50M, like most wealth taxes proposed. If you think that $50M is too low, I guess I just think you’re delusional. Also, your stupid whataboutism with an old poor elderly couple that couldn’t get any of their 7.5M in equity out of their home is ridiculous, and it wouldn’t be a factor in the majority of proposals that entirely discount primary residences. To cap it off, you end with a predictable slippery slope fallacy. You know that’s not the point or an even remotely likely scenario. Something something lick the boot?

The 10 year plan started with passing the largest infrastructure and research bill since WWII. It includes provisions on expected changes to combat climate change.

As stated, I don’t believe Biden is that great. But I do believe Trump’s worse. We’ll agree to disagree.

Edited by Negatory

4 hours ago, joe1234 said:

And now that I think about it, mil promotion rates for those of us staying in will probably skyrocket because of so many guys like yourself choosing to die on this hill and get kicked out. Sucks they want to give you in particular an adverse discharge. Good luck with the future.

I hope you're right. Last year we cut almost half the cadets from ROTC because we were up against officer manning numbers. 

If enough officers don't get the vaccine, maybe we can get back to the 80-90% selection rates of yesteryear.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don’t have enough words to describe the amount of disgust I feel for you if you look at your fellow squadron members who are making the hardest decision of their life as a promotion opportunity for yourself.  Your brain is broken for even thinking that way.  

As a senior leader, I have had grown men come to my office and completely break down.  It’s heartbreaking to watch some of the most competent and loved informal leaders describe their position on these mandates.  They have legitimate concerns based on personal factors.  

Edited by lloyd christmas
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, lloyd christmas said:

I don’t have enough words to describe the amount of disgust I feel for you if you look at your fellow squadron members who are making the hardest decision of their life as a promotion opportunity for yourself.  Your brain is broken for even thinking that way.  

As a senior leader, I have had grown men come to my office and completely break down.  It’s heartbreaking to watch some of the most competent and loved informal leaders describe their position on these mandates.  They have legitimate concerns based on personal factors.  

Noted.

They've got a lawful order. They can follow it, or they can get out. Those are the choices.

And it's not about my promotion...it's about caring for the people I've been entrusted with, cadets who are smarter, more motivated, in better shape, and more creative than I ever was.  Watching those people get punted before their career even starts, while watching a bunch of grown ass men weep about a vaccine that both my elderly step dad and my teenager took without bitching...well, that's what makes me upset.

Hope your guys get the counseling they need to get through this.

• Upvote 2

No mention of the border from the current prez fans. Hard to say it's his fault when we're not sure he's running things.

Have a friend I used to fly with who proudly voted for him, thinks he doing a fantastic job and is fiercely loyal to him. He thinks the only reason the BP brought out horses and whips(he did not know what reins were for) was because the Haitians were black. When reminded who the president is he claimed they were some racist hold overs from Trump.