The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

1 hour ago, VMFA187 said:

This is ridiculous. 

Pretty much.  You know when someone is pandering (like this example), they can can say just about anything to make their base feel good.  And boy does it make me feel good to know we're going to be watching what goes in and what goes out!

Then there's the BoJo/Biden news conference this morning.  Let me paraphrase his 'interaction' with the press: "Were you guys going to ask me a question?  Then get outa here."

The President wants to tax unrealized gains now - Thoughts? 

Stupid concept. It’s imaginary money, doesn’t exist until the stock is cashed in. Could be assessed for $50M and then be worth $500 when you have to pay up.

Edit add: they also paint buying and holding of stocks as some evil thing super rich people do. No, that’s just a normal thing people do.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, arg said:

Glad to see prez has the Border Patrols back. The whipping will be the new “hands up don’t shoot “

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

“The whipping”

Incredible to me that a flat out fabrication like “the border patrol is whipping black people” can actually spread as accepted fact among mainstream outlets (@arg, not saying you’re that person). 

Also, maybe I’ve just been working in the wrong places, but if I was as bad at handling a project I was given as Harris has been at handling the border, I would have been fired and fired real good. Must be nice to have that kind of privilege. 

Finally, and I know I posted about it already but I’ll mention it again; if you haven’t seen the video of Biden handlers kicking the press out in the middle of Boris Johnson answering a question, you really should (link below). There is some weird and scary shit happening in our country right now. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VMFA187 said:

The President wants to tax unrealized gains now - Thoughts? 

If it means more culturally enriching undocumented immigrants here and funding for Israel's IRON DOME then 100% I'm for it and you should be too. These immigrants are coming here to be scientists, leaders, inventors... the BEST the world has to offer are coming here because that's what the U.S.A. is about. Don't even get me started on our GREATEST ally Israel. Our pocketbooks should be given free access to any Israeli. @LowspeedhidragThoughts???? 

Here’s what it comes down to and there is no refuting this:  If you work in the federal government and take legitimate action while carrying out the duties of your job, if the optics and/or politics of what you did is politically bad for the administration, you will be blamed/not protected, especially if it can help the administration save some face.

Let me know if you need an example.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Here’s what it comes down to and there is no refuting this:  If you work in the federal government and take legitimate action while carrying out the duties of your job, if the optics and/or politics of what you did is politically bad for the administration, you will be blamed/not protected, especially if it can help the administration save some face.

Let me know if you need an example.

Well, we just had one example.

I remember a discussion on here about reputable news. We just got another example of that too. Which news agencies reported a "whipping" and which ones did not?

35 minutes ago, arg said:

Well, we just had one example.

I remember a discussion on here about reputable news. We just got another example of that too. Which news agencies reported a "whipping" and which ones did not?

Exactly.  I laugh when someone tells me that ABC, Wash Post, etc are “balanced/non-partisan”.  Progressives  are clearly against enforcing border security and immigration laws, so if they have the opportunity to paint the false story that border patrol law enforcement officers were using scary horses and whipping a poor/defenseless black man who wasn’t doing anything wrong, then they’re going to do it…especially when they can tie it to slavery and “systemic racism” in law enforcement.  The people who run these “news” outlets want this story to be true (along with the majority of their readers/viewers), so they’re going to report that way, facts be damned.

By the way, MSNBC has been doing this for years…see the link below if you forgot/never caught this one:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2011/08/17/original-msnbc-host-paints-rick-perry-as-racist-n662043

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Exactly.  I laugh when someone tells me that ABC, Wash Post, etc are “balanced/non-partisan”.  Progressives  are clearly against enforcing border security and immigration laws, so if they have the opportunity to paint the false story that border patrol law enforcement officers were using scary horses and whipping a poor/defenseless black man who wasn’t doing anything wrong, then they’re going to do it…especially when they can tie it to slavery and “systemic racism” in law enforcement.  The people who run these “news” outlets want this story to be true (along with the majority of their readers/viewers), so they’re going to report that way, facts be damned.

By the way, MSNBC has been doing this for years…see the link below if you forgot/never caught this one:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2011/08/17/original-msnbc-host-paints-rick-perry-as-racist-n662043

Imagine thinking that enforcing our nation's sovereign borders is a bad thing lol 🤣. Crystallizing Public Opinion by Edward Bernays is a wonderful book to understanding the industry of manipulating masses and how old such an industry is (in our modern world). I applaud the Border Patrol cowboys.

Biden promises the Border Patrol agents “will pay” and “there will be consequences” for the alleged whipping that even the photographer said was “misconstrued.”  

Meanwhile a drone strike kills 10 civilians including 7 children and it’s a “tragic mistake.”  

Good times. Glad the adults are back in charge. 

Edited by WAG
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

Question for anyone who voted for the current administration - Are you happy with the current state of our nation? If so, what makes you feel that way?

The current administration inherited Trump’s mess, clearly! It’s not Biden’s fault!!! Biden is Building Back Better!™️ You WILL eat the bugs. You WILL live in a pod. You WILL NOT own private property. You WILL NOT have privacy. However you WILL be happy. You WILL worship The Great Reset ™️.

>t. World Economic Forum

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/05/europe-insect-based-food-meat/

7 hours ago, dogfish78 said:

The current administration inherited Trump’s mess, clearly! It’s not Biden’s fault!!! Biden is Building Back Better!™️ You WILL eat the bugs. You WILL live in a pod. You WILL NOT own private property. You WILL NOT have privacy. However you WILL be happy. You WILL worship The Great Reset ™️.

>t. World Economic Forum

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/05/europe-insect-based-food-meat/

"And you will give up your guns!"

1 hour ago, GrndPndr said:

Let’s not pretend that that’s not a desired end state for many powerful democrats sitting in congress right now.  Marxism 101, take the guns first. 

Will it happen? No, thankfully thanks to checks and balances but it’s very concerning when you look at the strategy of some of these folks and the line between that and historical Marxism is very blurred. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GrndPndr said:

Of course how could I have forgotten that! Guns are violent and violence is bad and that is why only the State should have guns because the State is good.

Yes I took my 15th Pfizer booster because General Shekelburg told me to, how could you tell?