The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

2 hours ago, Muscle2002 said:

Is it okay to state you flew the T-37, T-38, T-1, etc. while in UPT even though you lacked a Form 8 or had an IP onboard? 

Well if you solo an aircraft and/or get a “checkride” (that the FAA recognizes), then I think it’s safe to say you flew that aircraft even if no Form 8.

I’m going to start claiming that I flew all the airliner models I ride in.

Hard time believing that a traditionally AMC pilot going to TPS has an IP along in a fighter just in case. So if something is done that is Q3’able then the IP doesn’t get in trouble?

That logic doesn’t make any sense.

So you just cut someone loose with an afterburner which isn’t experienced in it?

Are they allowed to log primary because there is an IP on board providing instruction?

No one is questioning that she flew it. Just what sense it makes to say that you flew it on your bio? It doesn’t. We flew 200 hours in UPT in aircraft and solo’d in them. I doubt she did that at TPS but I am wrong on a regular basis.

https://www.edwards.af.mil/Portals/50/documents/AFD-131008-020.pdf?ver

In my humble opinion, if you get accepted to Test Pilot School as a pilot you can log every airplane you flew there because…it’s Test Pilot School.
  • Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, Guardian said:

No one is questioning that she flew it. Just what sense it makes to say that you flew it on your bio? It doesn’t. We flew 200 hours in UPT in aircraft and solo’d in them. I doubt she did that at TPS but I am wrong on a regular basis.

I flew the A-10 as a TPS student and employed the gun and dropped BDUs (I know, cool story, right?). Am I not supposed to say I flew it? Or in another instance, I flew just 10 hours in a prototype but never had a Form 8. Does that count?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Guardian said:

You were solo. Of course. Did you have prior fighter experience? Betting so.

Its okay man. Heavy background folks turned TPS grads still don't typically call themselves "fighter pilots", if that makes you feel better.

Edited by FlyingWolf

12 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Why would that make me feel worse or better? That doesn’t matter.

Indeed. Neither does the F-15 listed in her bio.

To move the thread back on topic... I can't help but wonder if the admin is partially relieved for Hurricane Ida to distract from Afghanistan.  I imagine we will see a huge national relief response with lots of media coverage.  Good for the folks dealing with yet another hit, but I hope we still see some accountability on the the Afghanistan debacle.

• Upvote 1

Who said anything about ARMS records? That’s not what we are talking about….

We are talking about if riding in an F15 or F16 should give a person the idea that they flew those airframes enough to put them on their bio.

Your argument isn’t the same.

Who said anything about ARMS records? That’s not what we are talking about….

We are talking about if riding in an F15 or F16 should give a person the idea that they flew those airframes enough to put them on their bio.

Your argument isn’t the same.

You realize test pilots do more than just ride along, right? Even for TPS syllabus flights.

You've got a valid case for GOs that list jets they've just ridden on, that's dumb. Not the case here though

1 hour ago, busdriver said:

Some of you guys are just looking for shit to be mad about.

I flew one flight in a Japanese UH-60J, I made sure that ARMS folks put that thing in my flight records cause I thought it was cool.  Should I feel terrible about it?  Give me a break.

I have to agree. The irony is this kind of nitpicking is exactly why the really smart people want nothing to do with politics. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Guessing you don’t like patches either if you don’t like nitpicking

The irony...

Quibbling when a test pilot and 11F tells you it's legit, then you start slinging WO around.  With no idea who else is talking to you.

Take a breath, maybe if everyone is telling you you're wrapped around the axle about nothing, just maybe it's you.  And yes, I put the UH-60J in my bio.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Guessing you don’t like patches either if you don’t like nitpicking

Hey I admit I've been guilty of it too. Especially when I drink and post. 😁 It's frustrating when we allow ourselves get derailed by arguably minor things with the sh!tstorm the world is going through at the moment. 

Nikki Haley with Dan Crenshaw as VP. I think that'll get you 16 years of Republican rule pretty easily. The debates would be a blood bath.

I'm not sure even the most ardent democrats can defend Biden through this either tactically, strategically, or politically. The guy is just losing it. I'm amazed at how many "press conferences" he openly starts with "they gave me a list of people to call here."

Watching Stephanopoulos literally coach Biden into saying we wouldn't leave Americans behind was another low point.

Imagine the irony of the American people choosing the most boring democrat candidate (against the will of the party machinery) to escape the insanity of Donald Trump only to get a whole new type of insanity. 

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Nikki Haley with Dan Crenshaw as VP. I think that'll get you 16 years of Republican rule pretty easily. The debates would be a blood bath.

I'm not sure even the most ardent democrats can defend Biden through this either tactically, strategically, or politically. The guy is just losing it. I'm amazed at how many "press conferences" he openly starts with "they gave me a list of people to call here."

Watching Stephanopoulos literally coach Biden into saying we wouldn't leave Americans behind was another low point.

Imagine the irony of the American people choosing the most boring democrat candidate (against the will of the party machinery) to escape the insanity of Donald Trump only to get a whole new type of insanity. 

If I had to guess it'll be Desantis/Haley.  However, the Covid situation in FL may wreck Desantis at least the media is trying to paint that picture.

Desantis is a bully (my opinion) and I despise bullies.  And the next President should be under 60yo. 

Biden is done.

1. He is incompetent and I'm being kind with my words right now; probably well into dementia.  He will get heavier and heavier to prop up.  Any decision he makes is dangerous because he lacks the mental ability to make them. 

2. The fucked up AFG exit will stick to him and his administration forever.  There isn't a story or image available to paint a better picture.  From people falling off the C-17 on takeoff, to the picture of the Marine holding a baby that was then killed in the Kabul attack, to the story of former operators going in on their own to rescue people they worked with and promised a better life, this complete and utterly inept group must go.  Every time I see Bidens picture ......  When he said he will make them pay in regards to the Kabul attacks, he should include himself.

3.  No leader of any country, organization, company, or political entity will, nor should they, ever trust Biden and his inept administration ever again.  He is completely ineffective.  Zero influence, or more accurately, zero positive and most likely just negative influence. 

Out

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

Desantis is a bully (my opinion) and I despise bullies.  And the next President should be under 60yo. 

So standing your ground makes a person a "bully?!?"

If so, we need more bullies!

2 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

Biden is done.

You are suggesting he ever started in the first place?!?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2