The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

8 hours ago, dream big said:

Valid questions. He will step aside “for health reasons” at a time and place chosen by his handlers and puppet masters. The problem for them is they are realizing how unpopular Kamala is…my sister is a hardcore leftist that lives in Berkeley and even her and all her friends hate her (Bernie is more popular in that sect). I think Dems played the short game in just focusing on ousting Trump with no viable strategy beyond 2022-2024.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've always joked about Biden and his handlers.  What if it's just a dementia riddled old man who has been in government and out of touch for over 40 years?  What if there are no handlers, and the simple answer is what we see, a president who has locked in his world view and won't let silly things like reality intrude in.  I wouldn't attribute this to a conspiracy theory when plain old incompetence can explain it all. 

10 minutes ago, NKAWTG said:

We've always joked about Biden and his handlers.  What if it's just a dementia riddled old man who has been in government and out of touch for over 40 years?  What if there are no handlers, and the simple answer is what we see, a president who has locked in his world view and won't let silly things like reality intrude in.  I wouldn't attribute this to a conspiracy theory when plain old incompetence can explain it all. 

I think it’s a mix of both, but yeah, his feeble mental state is likely the majority root cause, with handlers being a secondary root cause. I hope the midterms absolutely crush the Dems, they’ve earned it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

This administration is in real trouble.  Rightly so and very predictable.  Biden was a terrible politician, known for dishonesty and unpopular prior to the election.  But, he wasn’t Trump.  That’s why he won.  Harris is absolutely awful on every level.  

My question is, how does this play out if Biden doesn’t survive this Afghanistan debacle?   I would argue that this is one of the worst, self inflicted, embarrassing and unforgivable situations that our country has ever been through.  It’s been handled with complete dishonesty and lies.  There has been zero empathy and ownership.  And it’s going to get worse.  Much much worse.  

I’ve never seen anything like this.  My community has been heavily involved in Afghanistan.  We’ve got multiple guys in the squadron who have done the air advisor thing.  They were embedded with the Afghans for 6 months at a time.   I’ve never received as many late night calls from guys in my squadron as I have over this.  We’ve had emails from the VA, counselors in the squadron, talks with commanders etc.  And today, for the first time, I legitimately asked a buddy if he thought he was going to hurt himself.  This stress is cumulative and we all have unique stories.  It started in February 2020 with COVID and it’s culminated in this Afghanistan disaster.  

So, again, how does this play out?  Do we see a resignation like Nixon?  Do we watch this come and eventually go with Americans and their short memories?  What are your thoughts and how do we handle it?  

The American voter:

“ just got my welfare increased, and the government says I don’t have to pay my rent” . In my state (MIchigan) the governor says if you get a DUI, don’t worry about it, we’ll make it go away.

buying those votes over giving a shit about anyone who gets off their ass and contributes anything.

The ones who voted these people into office could care less about the sacrifices the military has made.

• Upvote 1

Let me see if I can get another down vote from Nuke.

I truly don't understand how anyone can be happy with the way Biden is handling this debacle.  It is now being reported he has been spending a LARGE amount of his time calling other Democrats trying to get support for his $5T spending plan.  In what universe do you put a priority on a non-emergency spending plan instead of giving 100% of your time as the Commander in Chief focused on bringing Americans home?  Not just SIV afghans but AMERICANS.  Complete fail.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Let me see if I can get another down vote from Nuke.

I truly don't understand how anyone can be happy with the way Biden is handling this debacle.  It is now being reported he has been spending a LARGE amount of his time calling other Democrats trying to get support for his $5T spending plan.  In what universe do you put a priority on a non-emergency spending plan instead of giving 100% of your time as the Commander in Chief focused on bringing Americans home?  Not just SIV afghans but AMERICANS.  Complete fail.

Well, let's ignore for a moment that Biden has a 40-year track record of being an idiot.

The situation in AFG is no longer fixable, so why not shift to the "distract" phase? 

Feb 4, 2021 - President Joe Biden Speech:

"And so — so is the message I want the world to hear today: America is back.  America is back."

"As I said in my inaugural address, we will repair our alliances and engage with the world once again, not to meet yesterday’s challenges, but today’s and tomorrow’s.  American leadership must meet this new moment of advancing authoritarianism"

a95df2e515ab3823deed66e230d81910.jpg?tl=

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Feb 4, 2021 - President Joe Biden Speech:

"And so — so is the message I want the world to hear today: America is back.  America is back."

"As I said in my inaugural address, we will repair our alliances and engage with the world once again, not to meet yesterday’s challenges, but today’s and tomorrow’s.  American leadership must meet this new moment of advancing authoritarianism"

But Trump was responsible for the 6 Jan Capital riots…oh wait…

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fbi-finds-no-evidence-trump-153636457.html

But, but…those mean tweets.

Trump was a jerk and he definitely told political lies like the rest of them…but one thing he wasn’t:  Weak

• Like 2

This is likely inappropriate given the gravity of current events at Kabul today.

However, when I sit back here in my comfy office chair and daydream, I think about what could have happened over the past couple of weeks.

There was that brief several days (week?) after Kabul began to crumble, but before they closed the airport to commercial flights.  Folks were getting on whatever they could.  Watching FlightRadar24, a Turkish Airlines 777-300 seemed to be one of the last civi aircraft to get out (16 Aug).

Would have loved to see Trump have his 757 fly to Kabul to pick up a load of evacuees.  The pics and video footage and accompanying chaos in the media would have been entertaining if nothing else.

I'm not an expert in 757-200 ops, but bet it could have done it in two legs from NYC.

President Donald Trump's Boeing 757-200 Private Airliner

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

However, when I sit back here in my comfy office chair and daydream, I think about what could have happened over the past couple of weeks.

I disagree with your thoughts about the Trump 757.  I think I understand your overall point though.  There are a lot of comments, opinions and lots of blame being laid on Trump.  Folks are talking about what Trump would have done in the last few weeks.  I think it’s bigger than that.  Literally everything leading up to these last few weeks would have been different.  Planning and decisions would have been different, generals and senior staff would have been different, there wouldn’t be a huge focus on woke shit and Trump wouldn’t read from a teleprompter and walk off without answering questions.  The enemy recognizes weakness.  And right now we are projecting weakness.  

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Blue said:

This is likely inappropriate given the gravity of current events at Kabul today.

There was that brief several days (week?) after Kabul began to crumble, but before they closed the airport to commercial flights.  Folks were getting on whatever they could.  Watching FlightRadar24, a Turkish Airlines 777-300 seemed to be one of the last civi aircraft to get out (16 Aug).

Would have loved to see Trump have his 757 fly to Kabul to pick up a load of evacuees.  The pics and video footage and accompanying chaos in the media would have been entertaining if nothing else.

I'm not an expert in 757-200 ops, but bet it could have done it in two legs from NYC.

While that would have been badass and the optics hilariously good against pedoJoe if successful, I think attempting to fly in would have unfortunately been the most enticing opportunity for the deep state to drop a few crates of Stingers off to the locals with instructions on what to hit in exchange for gold bars. That's probably why it wasn't done.

43 minutes ago, dogfish78 said:

While that would have been badass and the optics hilariously good against pedoJoe if successful, I think attempting to fly in would have unfortunately been the most enticing opportunity for the deep state to drop a few crates of Stingers off to the locals with instructions on what to hit in exchange for gold bars. That's probably why it wasn't done.

You are officially off the reservation.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Blue said:

President Donald Trump's Boeing 757-200 Private Airliner

Would be difficult, the plane in question is currently grounded in New Jersey missing an engine.

19 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

Would be difficult, the plane in question is currently grounded in New Jersey missing an engine.

It sat at SWF forever down the street missing the pod. When did it move to NJ? I haven't looked in awhile, next time I drive by I'll take a peep maybe he finally fixed it. 

11 hours ago, ViperMan said:

You are officially off the reservation.

The Reagan Administration's IC did just that with giving the Mujahideen Stingers. Don't remember?

3894702384023845.jpeg

10 minutes ago, dogfish78 said:

The Reagan Administration's IC did just that with giving the Mujahideen Stingers. Don't remember?

Lets drop surface to air weapons off in one of the most unstable regions of the world where there's a group of people who would love nothing more than to get their hands on just one them and plink AF1 or a commercial jet at the next available opportunity. 

17 minutes ago, hockeydork said:

Lets drop surface to air weapons off in one of the most unstable regions of the world where there's a group of people who would love nothing more than to get their hands on just one them and plink AF1 or a commercial jet at the next available opportunity. 

Exactly right. Hugely stupid maneuver when one applies common sense to it, but that's not how the IC thinks, because their goals are different from that of the actual patriotic warfighters who make the military function. Which is telling.

I am trying to find some sliver of optimism in all of this catastrophe.  Is this our "Suez moment?"

If I wanted to be an optimist, I guess we can say few things were more humiliating than Saigon, but less than 20 years later, the Soviet Union was dead, Saddaam was spanked, and they had to coin a new phrase since "superpower" didn't seem adequate - "hyperpower."

Similarly, Yorktown must have been pretty humiliating for the Brits back in the 1780s, but they had a helluva good run for the next 170 years or so.

But man, oh man.  I am racking my brains to try and find a more horrific month for American prestige and national security.  I honestly think it's worse than Pearl Harbor, because AFG was so self-inflicted, and Japan was a helluva lot more formidable than goat herders yearning to live in the 7th century.  I guess it doesn't quite rise to the torching of Wash DC during the War of 1812, or the Union incompetence circa 1862, but this is all absolutely unbelievable.

If all this somehow puts the brakes on wokey wokey wokiness/defund the police/COVID tyranny/southern border/$3.5T "infrastructure" bills, as the left's appalling incompetence and callousness becomes obvious and indisputable, and "orange man bad" starts to ring really, really hollow, then at least that's something.

Edited by DUNBAR
  • Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Since when does someone put on their Bio aircraft they have rode in but never really flown or been qualified? She’s already lost credibility.

She’s a TPS graduate, which explains the difference. She may not have been Form 8 qualified, but test pilots periodically fly front or left seat in aircraft where they are doing all of the flying, to include ground ops. These flights are called qualitative evaluations. The IP, if there is even space for one, is only a safety observer, nothing more. Moreover, test pilots are allowed to log primary time on qualitative evaluations as they are performing the role of pilot-in-command and experimental test pilot, gathering data on handling, flying qualities, systems performance, etc. for later tests and evaluations.

I do not take umbrage with her doing so as much as seeing a "run-of-the-mill" pilot turned general stating they flew aircraft in which they were really a passenger while in their commander role. Take, for instance many of the Nellis Wg/CCs. I doubt any of them have actually flown all of the aircraft listed or were qualified given their typical CAF background.

Is it okay to state you flew the T-37, T-38, T-1, etc. while in UPT even though you lacked a Form 8 or had an IP onboard? 

Edited to add: The fighter-type aircraft she listed were syllabus aircraft at the TPS.

Edited by Muscle2002
Additional info:
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Since when does someone put on their Bio aircraft they have rode in but never really flown or been qualified? She’s already lost credibility.

Yep posting in this thread can be hazardous. Truth in advertising I've actually met her and clearly my personal opinion. Like most I would like to see competence at the top.

• Like 1