The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

'Member those times when Trump's son was found to be a crack addict?

Denied fathering a child from a one night stand with a stripper?

Cheated on his wife with his brother's wife?

Popped positive on DAY ONE of his US Navy career?

Sure am glad he didn't use racist language regarding blacks and Asians in leaked e-mails that barely have gotten any coverage.

His multi-millions came from...somewhere.

His ties to the CCP can be discussed later, I guess.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Rep. Bob Good, R-Va., on Thursday warned that the U.S. has "no operational control" of the border after a trip to Texas in which he and a number of other Republicans saw migrants streaming into the U.S. and being put on flights to other states.

"We have no operational control, no legal control, no law enforcement control of our border," Good said in an interview with Fox News. "We are not enforcing our laws, we are not preventing people. This is willful and intentional on the part of this administration to facilitate the illegal entry into our country of tens of thousands, 180,000 in [the] month of May…some 700,000 this year, of the ones we’ve apprehended."

Pretty unreal what is happening in this country these days. 

Also saw on the local news here in SoCal the other day that a boat of people trying enter the country illegally had Chinese nationals on it. Who the hell knows what’s coming through our border now as a consequence of this administration’s sick plan to import demographic change in order to win elections and solidify power. 

Edited by kaputt
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, kaputt said:

Pretty unreal what is happening in this country these days. 

Also saw on the local news here in SoCal the other day that a boat of people trying enter the country illegally had Chinese nationals on it. Who the hell knows what’s coming through our border now as a consequence of this administration’s sick plan to import demographic change in order to win elections and solidify power. 

I'm genuinely curious, what are the CBP employees doing differently today than they were doing six months ago, that is driving this? I'll have to assume that these accounts are true and correct. So what executive-branch policies are resulting in migrants streaming over the border and then boarding airplanes to other states?

4 hours ago, Waingro said:

I'm genuinely curious, what are the CBP employees doing differently today than they were doing six months ago, that is driving this? I'll have to assume that these accounts are true and correct. So what executive-branch policies are resulting in migrants streaming over the border and then boarding airplanes to other states?

This article was written in March.  It’s only gotten worse from there.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/biden-immigration-policies-cause-predictable-border-crisis-why-didn-t-ncna1260992

10 hours ago, Waingro said:

In addition to what’s in that article, people waiting asylum/immigration hearings are no longer waiting on the other side of the border, as was the previous admins policy. They are now instead released into the country with a piece of paper for a “notice to appear”, but that piece of paper doesn’t even have a court date on it. 

It’s essentially a free ticket into this country now. There are reports from the border of groups willingly turning themselves in to CBP because they know they will just get their paper and be on their way. 

We essentially no longer have a southern border. 

• Upvote 1

Not to worry, when something big blows up in the US during the next administration, it won't be this administration's fault that the instigators came in this year.  That's tomorrow's problem.  

The short-sightedness of the radically liberal agenda as this administration is letting it play out is painful to behold.

Edited by FourFans130
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FourFans130 said:

Not to worry, when something big blows up in the US during the next administration, it won't be this administration's fault that the instigators came in this year.  That's tomorrow's problem.  

The short-sightedness of the radically liberal agenda as this administration is letting it play out is painful to behold.

But at least you saved 16¢ on your 4th of July Cookout!!!!! 🇺🇸 

#propaganda 

In case it hasn't been posted, here are Marx's communist tenets.  Notice how many of them have already begun in our country, with significant roots in our legal systems:

Karl Marx's "10 Planks" to seize power and destroy freedom:

1. Abolition of Property in Land and Application of all Rents of Land to Public Purpose.

2. A Heavy Progressive or Graduated Income Tax.

3. Abolition of All Rights of Inheritance.

4. Confiscation of the Property of All Emigrants and Rebels.

5. Centralization of Credit in the Hands of the State, by Means of a National Bank with State Capital and an Exclusive Monopoly.

6. Centralization of the Means of Communication and Transport in the Hands of the State.

7. Extension of Factories and Instruments of Production Owned by the State, the Bringing Into Cultivation of Waste Lands, and the Improvement of the Soil Generally in Accordance with a Common Plan.

8. Equal Liability of All to Labor. Establishment of Industrial Armies, Especially for Agriculture.

9. Combination of Agriculture with Manufacturing Industries; Gradual Abolition of the Distinction Between Town and Country by a More Equable Distribution of the Population over the Country.

10. Free Education for All Children in Public Schools. Abolition of Children's Factory Labor in it's Present Form. Combination of Education with Industrial Production.

• Like 1

“We want to give people the sense that they have the freedom to choose. But…”

“We try to give people as much freedom and choice as possible, but…”

Both statements were by our Secretary of HHS.  He claims they are being taken wildly out of context, but they are not ok, even within the context of his complete remarks.

I prefer this perspective on our freedom to choose… “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.”

Source.  https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/08/hhs-chief-federal-government-vaccinations-498789

I tried to link a YouTube video to watch his remarks that were made on cnn, but YouTube blocked or deleted all the video uploads that were there a few minutes ago. 

Random thought experiment to play devils advocate. Try to justify unbridled inheritance under the pretext that all men should be created equal - a decidedly American value. Not so easy, huh? Equality of opportunity, right? Inheritance doesn’t really translate to a meritocracy.

Also, good luck trying to convince Americans that public schools, regulations on drinking water, improvement of soil, and abolition of child labor is bad just because a Marxist said it.

Edited by Negatory
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Negatory said:

Try to justify unbridled inheritance under the pretext that all men should be created equal - a decidedly American value. Not so easy, huh? Equality of opportunity, right? Inheritance doesn’t really translate to a meritocracy.

interesting devils advocate. So what about the thought that what a person earns through his labor is his, whether that be $1000 or $1B? Each person should be free to spend that money however they see fit, and if that’s inheritance, then so be it. Now, you can argue the recipient of said inheritance didn’t earn it, but why is that anyone’s business besides within the family? Is it fair for me to buy my son a bike while the neighbor kid had to mow lawns all summer to buy his own? Maybe not in a vacuum and the truest sense of the word, but in the real world, I get to decide as the parent what my son must work for and what I provide directly to him without labor required. That’s liberty. 

To address equality of opportunity…I think the difference is one person may have a steeper climb, but they can achieve the same mountain top. Nobody is limited by anything other than their own perseverance and capabilities. Everyone absolutely may have different/more or less barriers to achieving a similar goal (e.g. family wealth), but the poor person in this analogy can still go to Harvard like the rich Nantucket kid with a family connection…the poor kid just has a greater challenge to get there (but the opportunity is squarely in existence). 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Negatory said:

Also, good luck trying to convince Americans that public schools, regulations on drinking water, improvement of soil, and abolition of child labor is bad just because a Marxist said it.

Because those things are good is all the other stuff they say good by association?

The Germans built an impressive road system in the 1930s that inspired our interstate system here in the US. Does that make the rest of their ideology from the time more acceptable?

• Downvote 1

Random thought experiment to play devils advocate. Try to justify unbridled inheritance under the pretext that all men should be created equal - a decidedly American value. Not so easy, huh? Equality of opportunity, right? Inheritance doesn’t really translate to a meritocracy.

You have to know what the intent behind created equal is and what it means. It doesn’t have anything to do with wealth inherited.

4 hours ago, Negatory said:

No, that argument has no logical continuity. What about being born with smarter parents? What about being born with genes that will make you taller? Should we force "equity" of height and parental intelligence too, since we have scientifically validated evidence that they provide advantages? It's created with equal rights, not equal surroundings. The founders weren't obtuse.

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Totally coherent and able to recognize what's happening moments when asked about leaving Afghanistan, about Russian cyberattacks of the week.

We can discuss the WH putting together a deal so that Hunter can sell his "art" for $.5M each and it not be seen as buying access later.

And those danged courts striking down the farm loan repayments for everyone, literally, except whites.

I look forward to having the jacovid witnesses come by my place to ask for my vaccination papers...

• Like 1

Just finished up watching trump's cpac speech/stream of consciousness stand up routine. After not hearing from him for 6 months I almost forgot how incoherent he is. I doubt even the most seasoned qanon nut could follow the speed and frequency of his tangents. 

As someone who wants to see the Republican Party put up a serious challenge to the democrats in 2022 and beyond, it is a constant source of frustration that he has been allowed to stay in the picture. Trump is the perfect foil for Democrats because all they have to do to win is point at him and say nothing else.  If Republicans were smart they'd pick the most boring, straightedge candidate possible and position themselves opposite the Democrats' insane policies and social justice initiatives.  Remember, most of the things Democrats are pushing--CRT, reparations, LGBTQIA$?!: initiatives, packing the court, massive federal spending etc.. aren't actually popular. We have a really good opportunity to pick a Nikki Haley or a Ron Desantis and just shut up and point at the dems' lunacy. 

But the Republicans aren't smart, and they are even less cohesive in their election strategies. So 2024 will probably just be another referendum on trump when it could be a referendum on the left's batshit ideas. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Pooter said:

Just finished up watching trump's cpac speech/stream of consciousness stand up routine. After not hearing from him for 6 months I almost forgot how incoherent he is. 

Valid, he has nothing on the master of extemporaneous eloquence that is Joe Biden.  🙄

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

Valid, he has nothing on the master of extemporaneous eloquence that is Joe Biden.  🙄

Just because Biden is a bad public speaker doesn't make Trump a good one.  Two things can be true at the same time.

Pooter's right...the GOP will have much better luck with a more sane candidate who is less divisive.

• Upvote 3

Have to agree with Pooter…between him and Biden/Kamala, I’d hands down vote for Trump, but that doesn’t make him a good choice for the GOP to run in 24. I really hope someone like Desantis, Haley, Crenshaw, etc. are given the nod. Let Trump provide funds and rally his base to support GOP candidates, but for the love of God don’t run him in 24.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

They have to move past him to make 2024 viable.

Latest straw poll has trump getting 70% of the nomination votes…WTF people, you’re going to fuck us over with another horrendous Dem WH team!

On the local level, my wife and I have realized the GOP is primarily old, angry people clinging to Trump. They can’t let go, and they can’t have a conversation with anybody who is not hard right. They’re as bad as the left in that regard. We’re conservative,  but we’re a lot closer to the middle than these people…time for the younger generations to stage a coup of the GOP itself and get this shit back on track, starting at the local level. The problem is if we don’t, we’re in the middle with everyone else who hates both sides, but begrudgingly chooses one side at the polls because we despise the other side’s policies more. This choosing the lesser of two evils bullshit has to stop.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brabus said:

Latest straw poll has trump getting 70% of the nomination votes…WTF people, you’re going to fuck us over with another horrendous Dem WH team!

On the local level, my wife and I have realized the GOP is primarily old, angry people clinging to Trump. They can’t let go, and they can’t have a conversation with anybody who is not hard right. They’re as bad as the left in that regard. We’re conservative,  but we’re a lot closer to the middle than these people…time for the younger generations to stage a coup of the GOP itself and get this shit back on track, starting at the local level. The problem is if we don’t, we’re in the middle with everyone else who hates both sides, but begrudgingly chooses one side at the polls because we despise the other side’s policies more. This choosing the lesser of two evils bullshit has to stop.  

I think it's laughable that anyone thinks Trump's positions are "hard right".

• Upvote 2