The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

1 hour ago, Breckey said:

Same stuff was circulating on the interwebs four years ago. How many people said they were going to move to Canada?

Yes because moving to canada and starting a civil war are the same thing, and we should have the same response to both.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, drewpey said:

Yes because moving to canada and starting a civil war are the same thing, and we should have the same response to both.

Like the civil war people were trying to start this summer for real versus some internet posts no one is reading? Your bias is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

Like the civil war people were trying to start this summer for real versus some internet posts no one is reading? Your bias is ridiculous. 

So how is what he said an example of bias?  A bunch of whiney babies cried when Trump was elected and said they were moving to Canada (kinda like when a bunch of people did the same when Obama was elected), and there are people (even official GOP people like AZ) saying it's time to fight and be willing to die for Trump.  He pointed out that it is an absurd comparison.  Where's the ridiculous bias?

Are you saying the social justice movements this summer were active attempts at starting a civil war?  

And the people who moved to Parler, or somehow think Qanon is legit, or epoch times, etc. are reading those posts, so not sure why you are so confident no one is reading them.  They're strong in their echo chambers.  Probably safe to say nothing will come of that garbage talk, but to say no one is reading it is what seems ridiculous.

Last point, it is beyond stupid that the GOP is still remaining silent while this kind of talk is ongoing. I have hope the GOP can make some kind of recovery or a move to normalcy again, but their deafening silence makes that tougher.  

If this is another case of me missing sarcasm, my bad.  I don't see the /s this time 😂

Edited by slackline
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, slackline said:

So how is what he said an example of bias?  A bunch of whiney babies cried when Trump was elected and said they were moving to Canada (kinda like when a bunch of people did the same when Obama was elected), and there are people (even official GOP people like AZ) saying it's time to fight and be willing to die for Trump.  He pointed out that it is an absurd comparison.  Where's the ridiculous bias?

Are you saying the social justice movements this summer were active attempts at starting a civil war?  

And the people who moved to Parler, or somehow think Qanon is legit, or epoch times, etc. are reading those posts, so not sure why you are so confident no one is reading them.  They're strong in their echo chambers.  Probably safe to say nothing will come of that garbage talk, but to say no one is reading it is what seems ridiculous.

Last point, it is beyond stupid that the GOP is still remaining silent while this kind of talk is ongoing. I have hope the GOP can make some kind of recovery or a move to normalcy again, but their deafening silence makes that tougher.  

If this is another case of me missing sarcasm, my bad.  I don't see the /s this time 😂

I said it’s bias because he’s always blind to the flaws of the Democrats and only keen to get on his high horse about Trump to a ridiculous level. 

If by social justice movements you mean violent riots, yeah that’s fishing for a civil war absolutely. 

21 minutes ago, brabus said:

Damn, parler is more secure than voting. Now ain’t that some shit! 

Odd, Colorado registered me to vote when they issued me an ID card, placed my signature on file, etc. When I voted they mailed it to my house, the address they put in my license. Once it was mailed to me I received emails and text updates on the status of my ballot. Don’t really understand where Parler is more secure than that?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SurelySerious said:

I said it’s bias because he’s always blind to the flaws of the Democrats and only keen to get on his high horse about Trump to a ridiculous level. 

If by social justice movements you mean violent riots, yeah that’s fishing for a civil war absolutely. 

So, just how much violence is required for it to be "fishing for a civil war"?  How many people died?  How many were injured?  How many billions of $$$ were lost in the violent riots that were active attempts at starting a civil war?  How many people has Antifa killed over the years?  

How many died in the Oklahoma City bombing?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but that dude was homegrown.  How much damage was caused?  On par with the violent riots this summer?  

I'm not saying any amount is justified.  It's not.  But I'm just curious what your threshold is for starting a civil war?  

I think you know the answers to those questions.  Right wing extremists have caused way more death and destruction.  Those are the exact same types of people actively calling for war now.  It needs to be discouraged by GOP leadership.  Trump needs to squash that talk.

No one's blind to the incredible amount of flaws in the Democratic party, they suck!  But comparing people on the right who are literally calling for civil war to people who feel targeted by society (and their demand for equality) the same is silly. Are some of the uninformed people in that cause hurting their own cause?  You bet, but they're not calling for civil war.  Who knows?  Maybe you're right.

5 minutes ago, slackline said:

So, just how much violence is required for it to be "fishing for a civil war"?  How many people died?  How many were injured?  How many billions of $$$ were lost in the violent riots that were active attempts at starting a civil war?  How many people has Antifa killed over the years?  

How many died in the Oklahoma City bombing?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but that dude was homegrown.  How much damage was caused?  On par with the violent riots this summer?  

I'm not saying any amount is justified.  It's not.  But I'm just curious what your threshold is for starting a civil war?  

I think you know the answers to those questions.  Right wing extremists have caused way more death and destruction.  Those are the exact same types of people actively calling for war now.  It needs to be discouraged by GOP leadership.  Trump needs to squash that talk.

No one's blind to the incredible amount of flaws in the Democratic party, they suck!  But comparing people on the right who are literally calling for civil war to people who feel targeted by society (and their demand for equality) the same is silly. Are some of the uninformed people in that cause hurting their own cause?  You bet, but they're not calling for civil war.  Who knows?  Maybe you're right.

You’re laughable...so you probably have a future in politics. 

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

Odd, Colorado registered me to vote when they issued me an ID card, placed my signature on file, etc. When I voted they mailed it to my house, the address they put in my license. Once it was mailed to me I received emails and text updates on the status of my ballot. Don’t really understand where Parler is more secure than that?

I was just poking fun at the ID thing - it was half a joke (I don’t take Parler or any social media seriously), but on a serious note...

Colorado is a great example of a shit show. I haven’t been a resident or legal voter of that state for 7 years, and despite multiple emails to the SOS, I still receive ballots for every election. Haven’t had a CO license in the same amount of time. Same exact thing with Florida (but 4 years instead of 7). I could have voted three times this election - that’s ridiculous. Good thing I’m honest, but I guarantee a lot of people aren’t.

Its simple - require a current state ID to vote in said state. Don’t have one, then you’re not voting; want to vote, than you can put the effort into getting an ID. That would go a long ways to further securing elections.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, brabus said:

I was just poking fun at the ID thing - it was half a joke (I don’t take Parler or any social media seriously), but on a serious note...

Colorado is a great example of a shit show. I haven’t been a resident or legal voter of that state for 7 years, and despite multiple emails to the SOS, I still receive ballots for every election. Haven’t had a CO license in the same amount of time. Same exact thing with Florida (but 4 years instead of 7). I could have voted three times this election - that’s ridiculous. Good thing I’m honest, but I guarantee a lot of people aren’t.

Its simple - require a current state ID to vote in said state. Don’t have one, then you’re not voting; want to vote, than you can put the effort into getting an ID. That would go a long ways to further securing elections.

And Washington did the same thing. You know what I did? I called them telling them I moved, tore up the ballot, and threw it away. Honest, sure. Not wanting to commit voter fraud in two states and also having possibly having the Feds indict you since it’s a general election is probably a bigger reason 😂 

• Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, brabus said:

Ballots or ballot applications?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-imposing-certain-sanctions-event-foreign-interference-united-states-election/

Not later than 45 days after the conclusion of a United States election, the Director of National Intelligence, in consultation with the heads of any other appropriate executive departments and agencies (agencies), shall conduct an assessment of any information indicating that a foreign government, or any person acting as an agent of or on behalf of a foreign government, has acted with the intent or purpose of interfering in that election. 

No later than date is coming up. 

2 hours ago, Sim said:

maybe the report will include the servers in Germany and the green berets that died there trying to get it.

2 hours ago, Majestik Møøse said:

Here’s a group of bunch of Trump’s personality cult clowns that think the election was stolen. They hate the GOP now.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/protesters-chant-destroy-the-gop-at-pro-trump-rally-1102967/

Don’t be in this group.

WTF happened to my party.  States rights...when convenient.  Law and order...when convenient. Proud Boys running around like Brown Shirts.  Don't give whataboutism about Antifa...there's police for dealing with them.

Constitution...nah, keep screaming 4-more-years.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, 17D_guy said:

maybe the report will include the servers in Germany and the green berets that died there trying to get it.

WTF happened to my party.  States rights...when convenient.  Law and order...when convenient. Proud Boys running around like Brown Shirts.  Don't give whataboutism about Antifa...there's police for dealing with them.

Constitution...nah, keep screaming 4-more-years.

Don’t worry man, most of your party are still the Silent Majority. They voted for Trump, but they know he lost, and now are appalled watching the Alex Jones crowd act like total fools. It is disappointing to see Republican leadership sit idly by and not throw down on the embarrassing factions.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Majestik Møøse said:

Don’t worry man, most of your party are still the Silent Majority. They voted for Trump, but they know he lost, and now are appalled watching the Alex Jones crowd act like total fools. It is disappointing to see Republican leadership sit idly by and not throw down on the embarrassing factions.

I'm not so sure you have the pulse of your party.  Two polls have shown 60%+ of republicans believe the election was rigged.  As for silent...I'd beg to differ based off what I've seen in my environment.  People scoffing at FoxNews, retreating to even safer safe-spaces of OANN and totallyrealnewsipromise.com websites, constant whinging and moaning about conspiracy theories at work.  The monster you created has turned on itself and began to eat.  That's why republican lawmakers are terrified to say Biden won in public because they will be targetted as a RINO by Cult45.  Trying to distance yourself from the crazy isn't really possible at this point.  Trump isn't going anywhere, and if he does move to purchase OANN and retains his cult over the next 4 years you will be dealing with him for a long time.  If there is one thing he is good at, it's staying in the spotlight.