The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

9 hours ago, dream big said:

His handlers believe him coming to Texas and making an ass of himself would do more damage to him than just staying away and letting Bloomberg’s corrupt $$ doing the trick!

Texas might go in 2024 or 2028 for sure. That will be scary for Republicans. "Maybe so sir, but not today."

3 hours ago, ViperMan said:

I hope all you guys saying Trump has got it locked up are right - for two reasons. I can't imagine what handing the country over to people who don't know the difference between a boy and a girl will be like, and secondly, the YouTube videos of the liberal tears are going to be even sweeter this time around...that said, I have my doubts. We'll have to wait and see.

TargetSmart, a left leaning data service is collecting VBM and other statistics. Remember when they said the "Red Mirage" will happen and mail-in-ballots will flood in after election day? Well WI and MI supreme courts voted that down. Now democrats are begging people to go vote in person now. On top of all of this, on TargetSmart's website, MI and WI VBM statistics have Republicans and democrats neck in neck, when democrats needs a 2-1 advantage in order to see their "bLuE wAvE!11!!!". 

No one will have the answer until the day, but I'm going to call it here. Trump has AZ, TX, GA, FL, OH, IA. If he wins WI and MI that night, then we will have our answer and no waiting. If he loses any of those states for some "weird" reason, then we will have to wait a week for two for NC or PA. This is also assuming MN, NV, and NH tilt blue this election cycle too. 

Kind of begs the question because it seems like you're all on board: what technologies are worth keeping domestic due to the security risk? Would you sell F-22's to Russia if they would pay to open the production line? How bout somewhere like Turkey? Would you sell other technologies just because they would pay for a portion of them?

This isn't as black and white as you guys are making it seem.

47 minutes ago, Negatory said:

Kind of begs the question because it seems like you're all on board: what technologies are worth keeping domestic due to the security risk? Would you sell F-22's to Russia if they would pay to open the production line? How bout somewhere like Turkey? Would you sell other technologies just because they would pay for a portion of them?

Come on, when has Israel every done anything not in the interest of America?!

7 hours ago, Negatory said:

Israel yes, Russia/Turkey no. Basically most of the F-35 countries would be fine for an F-22. It’s very dependent on the country and how their goals/foreign policy aligns with ours. I think you know that though, or at least I hope you do.

Edited by brabus

16 hours ago, ViperMan said:

I hope all you guys saying Trump has got it locked up are right - for two reasons. I can't imagine what handing the country over to people who don't know the difference between a boy and a girl will be like, and secondly, the YouTube videos of the liberal tears are going to be even sweeter this time around...that said, I have my doubts. We'll have to wait and see.

The only downside to a Trump victory is the insane rioting from the jobless left / Antifa / BLM that is about to go down.  Thankfully I live in a small Texas town that understands civility despite which side you are on, but man, I don’t envy those in a big city right now.  

Also, the media wants Trump to win.  He is their punching bag and scapegoat.  Who else will cover their news cycle? He’s probably the source of most of their profits! They should thank him one day. 

Edited by dream big

5 hours ago, brabus said:

Israel yes, Russia/Turkey no. Basically most of the F-35 countries would be fine for an F-22. It’s very dependent on the country and how their goals/foreign policy aligns with ours. I think you know that though, or at least I hope you do.

It’s fine, I’ll drop this for internet discussion. I am plenty qualified on foreign policy/acquisitions and have valid reasons for my opinions, so I don’t need any holier than thou condescension.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, dream big said:

The only downside to a Trump victory is the insane rioting from the jobless left / Antifa / BLM that is about to go down.  Thankfully I live in a small Texas town that understands civility despite which side you are on, but man, I don’t envy those in a big city right now.  

Also, the media wants Trump to win.  He is their punching bag and scapegoat.  Who else will cover their news cycle? He’s probably the source of most of their profits! They should thank him one day. 

You are correct.  There will be rioting from the jobless idiots on the left and those that support them. You are also correct, big cities are not the place to be.  They never were.

9 minutes ago, filthy_liar said:

You are correct.  There will be rioting from the jobless idiots on the left and those that support them. You are also correct, big cities are not the place to be.  They never were.

This has been one of the only fun parts of the last few months of pandemic/civil unrest: watching something we already knew gradually dawn on the rest of the population. 

I almost want Biden to win, if only so that it takes away the trump scapegoat and forces the left to take a look in the mirror and figure out why the parts of the country they run are invariably dumpster fires.  

On 10/31/2020 at 11:38 PM, Negatory said:

Fair. We should not sell F-22s to Russia.  Probably shouldn't sell them to Turkey. Or to Israel. That's a fair point.  An even bigger question...LM has the 22 and 35 contracts. They'll recompete every four or five years, whatever the Feds tell them to do. They shouldn't have both of those contracts. That's a problem.

Edited by filthy_liar

I'm a conservative.  Conservative.  Not an Evangelical, or supporter of the radical right.  Not accusing you of being any of that, just laying down who I am not.  I like to use logic.  I realize we used Israel as a pawn during the cold war. I don't think that worked out well.  Cost us a shitload of $$$.  For what?  Since '48, what has Israel given us?  Why would we not sell Israel next generation fighters? Because they do air raids on Syria with out or support.  And they do other stuff that we shan't say on here. And because since '48 they have acted against our interests in all five of the DIMES if you believe in that stuff.  Israel costs us money.  A lot.  I pay taxes, what I think are too many taxes. The US passed a 38B bill for Israel in 2020.  Too lazy to look up if it passed.  Regardless if it passed, if there is an aid bill that big out there...for Israel....Not a fan

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, filthy_liar said:

I'm a conservative.  Conservative.  Not an Evangelical, or supporter of the radical right.  Not accusing you of being any of that, just laying down who I am not.  I like to use logic.  I realize we used Israel as a pawn during the cold war. I don't think that worked out well.  Cost us a shitload of $$$.  For what?  Since '48, what has Israel given us?  Why would we not sell Israel next generation fighters? Because they do air raids on Syria with out or support.  And they do other stuff that we shan't say on here. And because since '48 they have acted against our interests in all five of the DIMES if you believe in that stuff.  Israel costs us money.  A lot.  I pay taxes, what I think are too many taxes. The US passed a 38B bill for Israel in 2020.  Too lazy to look up if it passed.  Regardless if it passed, if there is an aid bill that big out there...for Israel....Not a fan

Troll...

• Upvote 2

image.png.3a72f4fe8264fd66f4cbb8ce969ca242.png

Trump is going to win big. 

Take a look at the "Primary Model" by Helmut Nortpoth. Hard numbers to defend his statistical model. Correctly predicted 25/27 presidential elections since 1912. Only missed 1960 and 2000 because courts got involved. Unless courts get involved this time then Trump will win.

Again, Democrats are going to have a rude awakening in this election. Hopefully Trump wins MI and WI tomorrow so he can declare victory and we don't have to wait for NC and PA.

2 hours ago, Seadogs said:

Take a look at the "Primary Model" by Helmut Nortpoth. Hard numbers to defend his statistical model. Correctly predicted 25/27 presidential elections since 1912. Only missed 1960 and 2000 because courts got involved. Unless courts get involved this time then Trump will win.

It has predicted 4, not 25. You can't retroactively predict events with a statistical model and claim it as evidence of predictive power, that's classic overfitting. Even if Trump wins I doubt it's going to be with a landslide of that size.

InFrame_1604342967376.jpg

Edited by DosXX
Added my prediction
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, DosXX said:

It has predicted 4, not 25. You can't retroactively predict events with a statistical model and claim it as evidence of predictive power, that's classic overfitting. Even if Trump wins I doubt it's going to be with a landslide of that size.

See you tomorrow. 

If the news/polls end up being “kind of right” I think we get here after the thousands of court cases/appeals. PA could very well be red, but their ballot counting clusterfuck will likely turn it blue. I have a second, more optimistic map for Republicans, but there’s no way in hell I’d put money on it.

0DbjP.png

• Upvote 1