The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

2 hours ago, brickhistory said:

As well as a life-long bromance with Neil Kinnock as well.  Just sayin'...

As to positions or policy, what are Biden's positions or policies?  His "you'll find out when the election's over"schtick seems to be aided and abetted by the liberal media since they don't pursue these evasions, but rational voters do seem to want to know what they are signing up for.

Except for the "anybody but Trump" voters.  It could be Satan Hitler and they'll happily pull the lever.

As I did against Hillary in 2016.

You don't deserve to know!

3 hours ago, xaarman said:

It's mostly right wing pundits latching onto single liners without context. He's had a life long challenge with speech and its effects:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/01/joe-biden-stutter-profile/602401/

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/accessibility/471707-how-joe-bidens-gaffes-have-affected-his-campaign-and

If one doesn't want to vote for Biden, fine... but don't parrot talking points that have nothing to do with policy or positions.

We have a guy who can stand up and talk contemporaneously for two hours, and then we have a guy who can't even come close to doing that.  One is a confidence builder - and one is not.

17 minutes ago, GrndPndr said:

We have a guy who can stand up and talk contemporaneously for two hours, and then we have a guy who can't even come close to doing that.  One is a confidence builder - and one is not.

Yeah, very confidence inspiring...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xaarman said:

It's mostly right wing pundits latching onto single liners without context. He's had a life long challenge with speech and its effects:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/01/joe-biden-stutter-profile/602401/

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/accessibility/471707-how-joe-bidens-gaffes-have-affected-his-campaign-and

If one doesn't want to vote for Biden, fine... but don't parrot talking points that have nothing to do with policy or positions.

Calling bullshit on this one. A candidate using a teleprompter *during interviews* is mind blowing. If a Republican candidate made even a fraction as many gaffes, you'd never hear the end of it. Oh wait, that's exactly what happened with W. Bush. Does anyone really think Bush was in worse mental shape then as Biden is now? The coverage sure indicates otherwise.

He's always been a moron. Now he's a moron who can't think straight. If Trump had any brains, which he probably doesn't, he would just let Biden talk for the entire 90 minute debate. Instead he interrupted for the entire debate, protecting Joe from his greatest weakness: talking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

8 hours ago, xaarman said:

but don't parrot talking points that have nothing to do with policy or positions.

Pk miss. The evidence is overwhelming, certainly enough to question his mental capability to hold such an office. Not saying he “for sure” doesn’t have it, but it certainly has crossed the threshold to ask the question. 

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, xaarman said:

don't parrot talking points that have nothing to do with policy or positions.

I say keep it up.  It's a losing argument to convince undecided voters, but only one to shore up support amongst their base.  No undecided voter will look at the two geezers and think one is worse off than the other when it comes to being mentally there.  They are old men who talk like old men.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

. Instead he interrupted for the entire debate, protecting Joe from his greatest weakness: talking.

bingo. their strategy was the wrong one...trying to show trump as more "energetic/forceful" blew up in their face big time.

whoever is running his campaign must have been running the mccain/palin disaster as well

President retweeted Qanon conspiracy suggesting Obama and Biden killed Seal Team 6... 20201014_000332.jpg.5e2c0fcb3cd9bc72c763aa81509faeb4.jpg

Thankfully it was removed, but unfortunately many Qanon supporters will see this as acknowledgement of the truth from the President and that he was forced to take down by the deep state. 

Here's the "CIA whistleblower" for what it's worth.20201014_000254.thumb.jpg.6397d2e35b6d78c09b0acb1aeca05743.jpg

34 minutes ago, DosXX said:

President retweeted Qanon conspiracy suggesting Obama and Biden killed Seal Team 6... 20201014_000332.jpg.5e2c0fcb3cd9bc72c763aa81509faeb4.jpg

Thankfully it was removed, but unfortunately many Qanon supporters will see this as acknowledgement of the truth from the President and that he was forced to take down by the deep state. 

Here's the "CIA whistleblower" for what it's worth.20201014_000254.thumb.jpg.6397d2e35b6d78c09b0acb1aeca05743.jpg

You know..... I believe this dude could work for the CIA though believe it or not....

New York Post has a pretty big story regarding that crazy irrepressible Hunter Biden and his dad, Ol' Joe.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-reveals-how-hunter-biden-introduced-ukrainian-biz-man-to-dad/

Which won't matter to nearly any voter one way or the other - you either think the Biden family did bad things or you don't.

What is of more interest, to me anyway, is that Facebook and Twitter - neither of which do I personally participate in - have either restricted (FB) or prohibited (Twitter) the sharing of this story since in Twitter's words, "It might be harmful."

To whom?

And why do they make that determination?

But proven to be false Russia, Russia, Russia/pee tape/FBI/CIA/we've got him now stories for 3+ years were just fine.

Sure seems to make the case of those companies being in the news/publishing realm and not simply an IT method.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

New York Post has a pretty big story regarding that crazy irrepressible Hunter Biden and his dad, Ol' Joe.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-reveals-how-hunter-biden-introduced-ukrainian-biz-man-to-dad/

Which won't matter to nearly any voter one way or the other - you either think the Biden family did bad things or you don't.

What is of more interest, to me anyway, is that Facebook and Twitter - neither of which do I personally participate in - have either restricted (FB) or prohibited (Twitter) the sharing of this story since in Twitter's words, "It might be harmful."

To whom?

But proven to be false Russia, Russia, Russia/pee tape/FBI/CIA/we've got him now stories for 3+ years were just fine.

Sure seems to make the case of those companies being in the news/publishing realm and not simply an IT method.

If they've restricted the story...sounds like they are making editorial decisions and have therefore decided to be a publisher, and not a platform.

I seem to remember Zuckerberg arguing the opposite in front of congress.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brickhistory said:

To whom?

So the FBI has had his hard drive for almost a year, and this is what comes out of it?  Dude introduced his business partner to his dad and some raunchy videos of himself on his hard drive?  Lock this dude up!

Why is it that Hilary, Obama, Biden and his son are all guilty of crimes, and yet with control of the executive, judicial and the majority of the legislative over the last 4 years you haven't been able to scrape together indictments against these criminals?  Yet in the meantime almost all of Trump's inner circle have had charges brought against them for one reason or another?  Do you really think there is an all-powerful deep state cabal protecting these people?  If they are so powerful why is the democratic party so weak all the time?  None of this makes any sense old man.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Back in the day, the networks used to run this short educational cartoon-like public service announcements on things like how a bill became a law, what a conjuction is and how it's used in a sentence, and how reading is fundamental, a RIF, as it were.

I miss those...

Edited by brickhistory
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, drewpey said:

So the FBI has had his hard drive for almost a year, and this is what comes out of it?  Dude introduced his business partner to his dad and some raunchy videos of himself on his hard drive?  Lock this dude up!

Why is it that Hilary, Obama, Biden and his son are all guilty of crimes, and yet with control of the executive, judicial and the majority of the legislative over the last 4 years you haven't been able to scrape together indictments against these criminals?  Yet in the meantime almost all of Trump's inner circle have had charges brought against them for one reason or another?  Do you really think there is an all-powerful deep state cabal protecting these people?  If they are so powerful why is the democratic party so weak all the time?  None of this makes any sense old man.

The powerful don’t pay for crime. C’mon man. That’s politics 101. 

• Upvote 1

Another NY Post news story today about Hunter Biden's shenanigans and again Twitter outright blocks it, bans those that try to comment on it/share it, etc.  To include the WH Press Secretary, the GOP Senate's account, as well as numerous others.

Because the information came from a "leak." (Actually, the laptop was abandoned at a repair place and never picked up.  Became the owner's per law).

But the leaking, as just one example, of Trump's taxes was fair game.

It's good to have wingmen.

• Upvote 2

"the democratic party has been taken over by it's radical wing"

lol...ok.  The "radicals" were so successful in their "takeover" they voted in the most milquetoast old white dude they had available to them.  I get you guys are terrified of the Democrats winning, but you are going a little overboard with the hyperbole.  If Sanders was up there...sure you could start howling, but neither of these two candidates are far from mainstream politics.  In fact any "radical" ideas they have are likely just to motivate younger voters and are less likely to be fulfilled.

Republicans have continually said over the last 4 years that "the president has no effect on 99% of peoples' daily lives" I'm inclined to parrot that back to you.

The scary old man might tax the rich, alleviate student debt, and give people healthcare, but hardly anything "radical".

• Like 2

8 hours ago, brickhistory said:

Another NY Post news story today about Hunter Biden's shenanigans and again Twitter outright blocks it, bans those that try to comment on it/share it, etc.  To include the WH Press Secretary, the GOP Senate's account, as well as numerous others.

Because the information came from a "leak." (Actually, the laptop was abandoned at a repair place and never picked up.  Became the owner's per law).

But the leaking, as just one example, of Trump's taxes was fair game.

It's good to have wingmen.

At this pace I don't think Hunter Biden is going to win this presidential election thing.

Either way I'm going to hold judgement on what the Feds say on the email.  Initial look it appears to be fake news, not to mention the story surrounding it being "found".  Imagine that.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, drewpey said:

"the democratic party has been taken over by it's radical wing"

lol...ok.  The "radicals" were so successful in their "takeover" they voted in the most milquetoast old white dude they had available to them.  I get you guys are terrified of the Democrats winning, but you are going a little overboard with the hyperbole.  If Sanders was up there...sure you could start howling, but neither of these two candidates are far from mainstream politics.  In fact any "radical" ideas they have are likely just to motivate younger voters and are less likely to be fulfilled.

Republicans have continually said over the last 4 years that "the president has no effect on 99% of peoples' daily lives" I'm inclined to parrot that back to you.

The scary old man might tax the rich, alleviate student debt, and give people healthcare, but hardly anything "radical".

I won't nitpick, but I will disagree with you on something substantive - "alleviating" student debt is absolutely, and wildly radical.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2