The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

22 minutes ago, slackline said:

Gotta love the anonymity the internet provides. You have made multiple statements on here regarding your career that lets me know your younger than I am, so I said kid, a moniker everyone over 10-15 years younger gets, not an insult. You made a personal attack, calling me child. Something a kid would do, backed by the anonymity of the internet. DM me your .Mil, let's talk. Not up to it? Didn't think so.

Why do we resort to personal attacks on here? Everyone of you, is someone I'd put my life on the line for. This used to be a forum for real discussion. Now it's just attack after attack. We got some good stuff going, then a select few on here act superior, throw out some personal attacks, or act as if the person they don't agree with is a complete moron as opposed to someone on the other side of an OPINION.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy, you disrespected me so I disrespected you. Don't twist things. And I can have a conversation highly disagreeing with you but still be your wingman. Don't know why that's being brought up.

And I can have a conversation highly disagreeing with you but still be your wingman. Don't know why that's being brought up.

Go back and read every disgusting thing you've written about people you disagree with in just the last 2 days. Running to China with secrets is just one. Hyperbole is cool and all, but you show your maturity. Maturity is critically important in the air. I wouldn't let you fly on my wing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, slackline said:

Go back and read every disgusting thing you've written about people you disagree with in just the last 2 days. Running to China with secrets is just one. Hyperbole is cool and all, but you show your maturity. Maturity is critically important in the air. I wouldn't let you fly on my wing.

I wouldn't exactly call my statements "disgusting". I think that's hyperbole from you guy. And now you're essentially saying "you're not allowed to play with us! Not my clubhouse!" Guy, you were just talking about maturity...

1 minute ago, Seadogs said:

I wouldn't exactly call my statements "disgusting". I think that's hyperbole from you guy. And now you're essentially saying "you're not allowed to play with us! Not my clubhouse!" Guy, you were just talking about maturity...

Enough SNAP. 

Pull it together or move on.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

I would like to issue a formal apology to all on the forum for my recent words and rhetoric. I didn't mean it and it doesn't align with the values we as military aviators should be show casing. I will no longer participate in this dialogue as to prevent myself from slandering those on this forum. 

13 minutes ago, Seadogs said:

I would like to issue a formal apology to all on the forum for my recent words and rhetoric. I didn't mean it and it doesn't align with the values we as military aviators should be show casing. I will no longer participate in this dialogue as to prevent myself from slandering those on this forum. 

Bro, don't be discouraged. This thread is toxic hot garbage. But for your own mental health you might be right to take a break from the thread for a bit. I find myself doing so every few nights. 

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

I’m sure there’ll be a bunch more stories in the coming weeks. Very few Trump supporters’ minds will be changed, and there aren’t many swing voters at the moment. That’s not who these stories are designed for. Like the Trump campaign, the Biden campaign understands that voter turnout will decide this election. These stories are designed to energize the base and keep them engaged until November third. I believe the Biden campaign is doing this better than Trump’s for now. It seems to me that the Biden strategy will be to suffocate any messaging coming out of Trump’s campaign with story after story. All of them will be factual so Trump will struggle to effectively counter. Biden has the advantage because most of the media will play along with him. This is what I have never understood about Trump’s media strategy. He’s painted the “mainstream media” as the enemy since day one. That may play well with his base, but he’s basically given every outlet but Fox News and OAN (if you call that an outlet) to his opponent. 

The media is in the D's corner.  That is for sure.  That is exactly how a politician who has been in DC for 45+ years can look into the camera and say with a straight face that he will fix all of our society's ills if elected.  I would like to address the "all of them will be factual" comment but I honestly don't even know what to say other than that is one of the most intellectually dishonest things I have read recently.

Trump won in 2016 based on what he promised on the campaign trail paired with absolute disgust of career politicians.  Trump has largely delivered on his campaign promises and Joe Biden is the definition of the DC swamp that the average american despises.  You are right, this election will be about voter turnout.  Trump's base has only grown.  I would say the media and politicians on the left are grossly underestimating just how big his base has become.  There are a lot of people out there who couldn't pull the lever for Trump in 2016 based on his personality and the fact that he had no political experience.  These people are in the Trump camp now because he has done what he said he was going to do.  Trump's personality and his past shenanigans are nothing new at this point.  I don't see attacking his character this time around as a winning strategy for the Dems but that is what they are doing.   And it seems to be the only thing they are doing.  

I have said it before on this forum, I don't see how the Dems can make a winning calculation with a Biden/Harris ticket.  Especially given the civil unrest in today's society.  Biden is the literal architect of the 1994 crime bill and Harris has been ranked as one of the most progressive politicians in the Senate.  The Dems run the cities where this unrest is taking place and the politicians pushing the "defund the police" argument all have a D next to their name.  The politicization of sports will have a negative impact on Dems too.  You can't even turn on tennis without seeing BLM in the stands.  Hell, the only news NASCAR has made this year is a fake story about racism and Bubba Wallace.  The polls people need to be paying attention to are the number guns sales and major sporting viewership.  Gun sales are through the roof and major sports viewership is down although I think the NFL is doing OK.  I don't think you can ignore those numbers.  

Our family owns a condo on the Gulf of Mexico.  Been there a few times this summer.  There are Trump signs everywhere in people's yards but also on the beach, on the back of cars and hanging from balconies.  These folks aren't local...  Yes, they come from AR, LA, GA, MS and TX but a whole hell of a lot of them come from IL, OH and IN.  Trump's base is there and it is strong.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Well as an Ass Kicking Business Man
He did a good job getting a Peace / Trade deal with UAE and Bahrain
Now if he could get Qatar to take the last 40 prisoners at Guantanamo 
Then he could show a commercial with Obama saying he would close  the prison on his first day in office.

UAE and Bahrain want F-35s. This is how they get to yes. No brilliance here.

In response to Lloyd: I said all of the upcoming stories about Trump will be factual. A better way of putting that is that they will be based in fact. The Biden camp will certainly embellish the stories and the media (except Fox) won’t push back very hard. Being able to use the media to your advantage and push your narrative has been a key campaign skill for a long time now. I think Trump has committed an unforced error here strictly in terms of campaign tactics. 

As far as his base having only grown, I’ve got to disagree with you on that one. He did well with college educated whites in 2016. Signs in 2020 point to him losing much of that demographic, especially women. In 2016 there was a huge contingent of voters who didn’t want to vote for Trump, but weren’t about to vote for Hillary. That group either held their noses and voted Trump, or didn’t vote at all. Biden doesn’t carry the baggage or stigma that Hillary did. Trump supporters are surely a vocal and visible bunch, but are certainly not a “silent majority”(especially the silent part). My guess is that we’ll see an even larger popular vote lead for Biden than we did for Clinton. The electoral college fight will be much closer and there are an awful lot of disturbing ways being discussed that Republicans could manipulate that body (to be even more) in Trump’s favor. 

2 hours ago, slackline said:

I thought the China comment was pretty obviously a joke, and a hilarious one at that.

And whether you like it or not, calling the younger pilots/people "kids" in aggregate is common. I do it. Calling someone "kid" in an interaction is demeaning. Even contextually, your comment clearly meant it as a pejorative.

I thought the China comment was pretty obviously a joke, and a hilarious one at that.
And whether you like it or not, calling the younger pilots/people "kids" in aggregate is common. I do it. Calling someone "kid" in an interaction is demeaning. Even contextually, your comment clearly meant it as a pejorative.

You win. My bad. I'm not sure what you're looking for here. We'll have to agree to disagree on hilarious humor going forward. Other comments he's made don't really make it feel as if he was joking.

So someone committed a federal felony leaking tax information that revealed no illegal activity but a bit, perhaps, embarrassing to Trump.

That information was printed on Sunday.

As of this morning, less than 24 hours later, Biden's campaign has a completed and running ad using that material and swag for sale featuring the info.

That sure is some coincidence in timing.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Prozac said:

In response to Lloyd: I said all of the upcoming stories about Trump will be factual. A better way of putting that is that they will be based in fact. The Biden camp will certainly embellish the stories and the media (except Fox) won’t push back very hard. Being able to use the media to your advantage and push your narrative has been a key campaign skill for a long time now. I think Trump has committed an unforced error here strictly in terms of campaign tactics. 

As far as his base having only grown, I’ve got to disagree with you on that one. He did well with college educated whites in 2016. Signs in 2020 point to him losing much of that demographic, especially women. In 2016 there was a huge contingent of voters who didn’t want to vote for Trump, but weren’t about to vote for Hillary. That group either held their noses and voted Trump, or didn’t vote at all. Biden doesn’t carry the baggage or stigma that Hillary did. Trump supporters are surely a vocal and visible bunch, but are certainly not a “silent majority”(especially the silent part). My guess is that we’ll see an even larger popular vote lead for Biden than we did for Clinton. The electoral college fight will be much closer and there are an awful lot of disturbing ways being discussed that Republicans could manipulate that body (to be even more) in Trump’s favor. 

There's a factual story I don't hear many on the left talking about. It's the story of how the top of the FBI literally conspired against an incoming president because they didn't like him. The stuff coming out of the Durham investigation is pretty appalling. 

I can't stand Donald Trump, but I'll support him 10 times out of ten if the opposition feels like using the might of the federal police to destroy someone against law, procedure, and the evidence is now an acceptable practice.

• Upvote 2

So someone committed a federal felony leaking tax information that revealed no illegal activity but a bit, perhaps, embarrassing to Trump.
That information was printed on Sunday.
As of this morning, less than 24 hours later, Biden's campaign has a completed and running ad using that material and swag for sale featuring the info.
That sure is some coincidence in timing.

No coincidence, just politicians proving how low they can stoop. No surprises on either side. More proof the tax system is busted is all.

Looking back 50 years ago it was a pretty tumultuous time....the war....race riots...etc...hard being in the Service...

In my opinion,  pretty devastating to many friends and families...

However,  We (as a country) will get through this...

BUT DON'T let these times destroy our Family & Friends Friendships!!

Check Six...back to my beer!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SHFP said:

"Let No Man Pull So Low So Low As To Hate Him"

Actually:  "Let No Man Pull You So Low As To Hate Him"  MLK

Let's not let Him do that to us guys...I don't want to be/become like Him.

Had not proof read...sorry

19 hours ago, torqued said:

Any of you ever meet General Chuck Boyd?

https://twitter.com/NSLforBiden/status/1310592005450461186?s=20

"The threat Trump poses..."

Not to discount what he says, but where was he four years ago?  Trump isn't really offering anything new now, and many seem to be measuring him as though he's going to come in to this presidential thing and make all sorts of changes (like it was something new).  That time has long passed.

To make matters worse for me (slightly retarded with age), is that at first,  I though you were talking about this famous Boyd:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Boyd

• Like 1